PDA

View Full Version : cop punches girl....thoughts?

hrsp
06-16-2010, 11:45 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/20360943

xxsn0blindxx
06-16-2010, 11:55 PM
He was being assaulted and fought back. Punching a woman never looks good, but these women clearly needed to be subdued. If he had used a tazer this wouldn't have even made the news.

Yooformula
06-17-2010, 12:16 AM
should have hit both girls. the bullshit is that the urban league has to get involved, wonder if they would be screaming about it if the race of the girls was different.

SSScottSS
06-17-2010, 01:09 AM
He was being assaulted and fought back. Punching a woman never looks good, but these women clearly needed to be subdued. If he had used a tazer this wouldn't have even made the news.

X2

They were treated the way they asked to be treated

GTSLOW
06-17-2010, 01:15 AM
All I can say is it's 2010. God let a police officer defend themselves/control a situation. Might not have been the best means but it was still in the books.

70 cutlass 442
06-17-2010, 01:43 AM
a few weeks ago i was closed fist punched by a girl 6 times.... after the 6th i smacked the bitch back... i didnt feel the least bit bad... they fought for equal rights for how many years... well they got em.

Al
06-17-2010, 02:07 AM
I think the cop responded to the situation reasonably. It is not pretty, but it could have been worse. At lest the media is showing the whole tape. We, the public, are lucky enough to see the whole video and not the 2 seconds of the punch.

..they fought for equal rights for how many years... well they got em.

True that! It's a dog-eat-dog world out there. If you want to play hardball, expect to get beaned by the pitcher a few times.

emptypockets
06-17-2010, 05:04 AM
I see no problem with it. He was obviously being assaulted himself. Looks to me like another white/black thing to me... Cop must be racist because he defended himself... :rolleyes:

badass88gt
06-17-2010, 06:17 AM
a few weeks ago i was closed fist punched by a girl 6 times.... after the 6th i smacked the bitch back....

I wouldve laid the bitch out after the first one. Hitting with closed fists, all bets are off. If she is gonna hit like a man she better expect to get hit like a man. She better hope she can take a punch like a man, lol.

TheRX7Project
06-17-2010, 07:56 AM
She better hope she can take a punch like a man
I lol'd at this...

I saw this on the news last night before work, and yeah, the bitch had it coming. Assaulting a police officer, you better feel lucky all you got was a fist to the face.

Chalk up another reason I could never be a cop. IMO, he showed RESTRAINT by ONLY punching her. I would've tazed + peppered her ass.

BadAzzGTA89
06-17-2010, 08:11 AM
I bet she won't do that again!
http://code2ave.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/smokey.jpg

Prince Valiant
06-17-2010, 08:21 AM
I like how the urban league "CEO" ( :rolleyes: ) used the word "violence" instead of force.

Steve03CVPI
06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Why are they complaining? He hit her like a girl, hell didn't even draw blood. He should have hit her harder and laid her out.

flyin_blue_egg
06-17-2010, 10:30 AM
I bet she won't do that again!
http://code2ave.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/smokey.jpg

wrong...he didn't knock her out.....i've worked on the street as a cop and now work in corrections. the officer responded in a totally reasonable way. the only thing he didn't do is knock her out or take her down with the strike.

Rocket Power
06-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Saw this

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs119.snc4/36293_407858968629_647433629_4211564_292675_n.jpg

Plum Crazy
06-17-2010, 10:35 AM
this wasnt a girl, it was an ignorant bitch! Lucky she didnt get shot/tased

Yooformula
06-17-2010, 10:43 AM
kinda sucks though the police dont have his back and sent him away for more training...which I really hope means a room with pizza and an xbox!

Prince Valiant
06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Here's the thing...I bet the guy does get a modest punishment...though I'll disagree w/ it. They'll say he had other tools available to him to diffuse the situation, thus he should have used them first before striking someone.

Rarely would I question the judgment of someone who puts himself into situations out of duty where he could potentially be in harms way. Some would say how could this be harmful, but again, you don't really know who one is dealing with, and they were already acting unreasonable, throwing higher levels of uncertainty into the mix. Sure, he could have pulled out pepper spray or tasered the chicks as well...but he selected the most available tool to him, and from the looks of it, did subdue at least one of the ladies.

I don't fault him one bit.

Karps TA
06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
The only problem I have with this is the initial reason for the problem. Jaywalking. Really? You're going to hassle people for Jaywalking? Why not just say, "Hey next time use a crosswalk please"

Prince Valiant
06-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, from the story it sounds like he was simply going to stop, possibly cite the individual. It IS an ordinance therefore he has every right to stop her for this.

Keep in mind, while he might have the discretion to let it slide, his superior also might have a policy to enforce jay walking in particular, along with any number of other minor infractions.

The moment she resisted by either willfully walking away, or pulling away when he did try to stop her, he had then had further reason to stop her. Big as her ass might be, she doesn't have a license plate to get an address off of...

flyin_blue_egg
06-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Here's the thing...I bet the guy does get a modest punishment...though I'll disagree w/ it. They'll say he had other tools available to him to diffuse the situation, thus he should have used them first before striking someone.

Rarely would I question the judgment of someone who puts himself into situations out of duty where he could potentially be in harms way. Some would say how could this be harmful, but again, you don't really know who one is dealing with, and they were already acting unreasonable, throwing higher levels of uncertainty into the mix. Sure, he could have pulled out pepper spray or tasered the chicks as well...but he selected the most available tool to him, and from the looks of it, did subdue at least one of the ladies.

I don't fault him one bit.

right you are in poss. having other tools...but in the flow of using those tools it goes:
talking
ordering
phyical redirection
compliance holds
physical strikes
pepper spray
baton/taser (whichever you have)
deadly force

yes you can jump straight to a higher level, but in this instance i still say that the strike was justified.

SSScottSS
06-17-2010, 11:51 AM
The only problem I have with this is the initial reason for the problem. Jaywalking. Really? You're going to hassle people for Jaywalking? Why not just say, "Hey next time use a crosswalk please"

I have family who live out there and things are much different there then they are here. 5 mph over the speed limit is a guaranteed ticket. Riding your bicycle without a helmet is a guaranteed ticket there also. Different parts of the country do things differently although wasn't it back in the early 90's when Milwaukee P.D. started handing out jay walking tickets like candy after some people got hit by cars?

Silver350
06-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I thought it was a good punch I laughed. Seriously thoug the other girl should not of gotten involved.

WickedSix
06-17-2010, 12:08 PM
jaywalking can be problematic...idk about you but I'd like to have had 'unintended acceleration happen a few times on the northside when some ahole starts walking across the road right infront of me at a leisurely pace.... seriously if ur gonna jay walk across a 4 lane road hurry the fuck up to the median don't walk like uncle joe and try and get hit

Cryptic
06-17-2010, 01:49 PM
If the lady didn't do anything other than jaywalking, she wouldn't of resisted so much.
Daughter should of not stepped in the way. Officer is now in a 2 vs 1 situation. I'm giving the officer the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps she almost caused an accident, or she has a warrant, drugs on her, etc.

Karps TA
06-17-2010, 01:54 PM
from what I read he was already citing somebody else for jaywalking, when he saw these people doing it and then went to cite them. I'm assuming this place has zero crime since they have time to crack down on this obvious threat to humanity.

Don't get me wrong, I think the cop was justified in popping the bitch. But I think jaywalking is about a lame of a "crime" as you can get. But maybe it's a real issue there. Maybe Jaywalking is a gateway crime. First you Jaywalk, next thing you're slaughtering families and robbing banks just to capture that same rush.

Holeshot
06-17-2010, 02:37 PM
They both had it coming. I would have lost it and tazed or pepper sprayed em

Turbo-Triumph
06-17-2010, 03:07 PM
that was rediculous. neither girl made an attempt to harm the cop, maybe get in his way or help the other escape, but neither one threw blows. lol wtf. im all for cops having the right to fight BACK, but he should have thrown the one down or back and quickly, and forcefully cuffed the other. jmo

70 cutlass 442
06-17-2010, 04:56 PM
that was rediculous. neither girl made an attempt to harm the cop, maybe get in his way or help the other escape, but neither one threw blows. lol wtf. im all for cops having the right to fight BACK, but he should have thrown the one down or back and quickly, and forcefully cuffed the other. jmo

:rolleyes:

did you watch the video... he tried to subdue her for some time, then the sister steps in... hes by himself. 2:1 regardless of male/female. shes lucky she didnt get tazed. :thumbsup to the cop, he did what he had to do.

Prince Valiant
06-17-2010, 05:02 PM
from what I read he was already citing somebody else for jaywalking, when he saw these people doing it and then went to cite them. I'm assuming this place has zero crime since they have time to crack down on this obvious threat to humanity.
It doesn't follow that just because officers are citing jaywalking that there is therefore zero or low crime.

New York used to have among the highest crime rates, yet one of then-Mayor Giuliani's initiatives was to stop letting even the small stuff slide...and jaywalking was prominently targeted (http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/13/nyregion/with-higher-fines-giuliani-hopes-to-hobble-jaywalkers.html?pagewanted=1) (as well as cleaning up "street artist," performers, fare-dodging, times square, etc...). It's an approach to law-enforcement that arguably works called "Broken windows Theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixing_Broken_Windows)." Interesting read.

Plum Crazy
06-17-2010, 06:14 PM
:rolleyes:

did you watch the video... he tried to subdue her for some time, then the sister steps in... hes by himself. 2:1 regardless of male/female. shes lucky she didnt get tazed. :thumbsup to the cop, he did what he had to do.

Shit, watch it again, its 1 vs 20-30! All it takes is one bottle thrown by a member in the crowd and that cop is down.

0TransAm0
06-17-2010, 06:51 PM
i saw this on the news.. didn't read all of the post's in this thred tho.

my thoughts

should have shot the bitch.

Yooformula
06-17-2010, 07:37 PM

huh?! both of the bitches put their hands on the cop and the one actually shoves him!? that should warrant an immediate stern response imo otherwise anyone being interrogated would feel that they can assault, shove, push or slap a cop. thats all the cop would have needed was for the on-lookers to get some balls after 2 girls hit on the cop.

SSLEVO
06-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Tough situation, it did look kind of bad in the context of that clip. Like others said, any of the onlookers could have turned on him though too. Taser, cuff... repeat for woman #2, lol.

Knyghtmare
06-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Bitch deserved it.

Voodoo Chick
06-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Am I really misunderstanding you guys, or behind the times, or something?? I agree the woman was in the wrong, and needed to be subdued, but I am noticing you all seem to LOVE the word "bitch" in regards to females in general......why? In some cases, it fits, but not all the time. It seems to me the world has lost sight of all decency. People, male and female alike, have lost any sense of courtesy, and what is right. There are no moral codes anymore, and it has become socially acceptable for men to hit women, and women to act like cavemen, and so on.......would someone please tell me what the hell happened to this world??

LIZMO
06-17-2010, 11:13 PM
i thought it was fkn awesome!!

Prince Valiant
06-17-2010, 11:17 PM
would someone please tell me what the hell happened to this world??
And then God took a rib from Adam whilst he slept, and created Eve. 'nuff said.

:goof

Voodoo Chick
06-17-2010, 11:31 PM
And then God took a rib from Adam whilst he slept, and created Eve. 'nuff said.

:goof

Well, you see, I was so busy trying to think up ways to not fall off the edge of this flat earth we live upon, that I guess that had totally slipped my mind. :goof

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2010, 11:33 PM
black eyes heal.gun shots kill i think if i was here i would be happy with punch to my craphole for acting like a dick hole

Knyghtmare
06-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Well I wasn't being general... That was singular.

TheRX7Project
06-18-2010, 12:47 AM
You guys have to forgive Turbo-Triumph, he's "special". He also believes that 9/11 was an inside job, and likes to stomp golf tees into his foot (he's my little brother).

HITMAN
06-18-2010, 01:21 AM
Falcon Punch!

Al
06-18-2010, 01:31 AM

If you think jaywalking is nothing worth shaking a stick at, consider what used to happen on Wisconsin ave around marquette before that fence was put down the middle of the road.

Also, head down North ave around 1 AM. It's a problem.

IIRC, jaywalking is defined as walking across a street and a car has to slow/alter its path in order to avoid you. I bet that girl walked right in front of the cop car.

Didn't Tupac get in trouble for jaywalking once? The reason it is remembered is because he made a stink about it and the fuzz got him for that too.

Yooformula
06-18-2010, 02:04 AM
sorry but any woman that is going to act that way deserves to be called a bitch, not a description of all women just this dumb bitch. no different than a guy being called a dickhead or asshole for acting the same way. bitch got what she deserved.

bigloc
06-18-2010, 02:53 AM
wow!!!!!

88Nightmare
06-18-2010, 06:37 PM
personally, unless the bitch was leaking and needed the amberlamps, the cop didn't hit hard enough. this looks like a job for a motherfucker:

http://www.epicbeardedman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/epic-bearded-man.jpg

*SNOOP*
06-18-2010, 06:44 PM
He should of knocked her out.

FoxStang
06-18-2010, 11:57 PM
Pow, right in the kisser

But seriously, both of them were a threat to his safety, he responded in a manner in which he took control of the situation. I see absolutely no wrong doing, he's just doing his job.