PDA

View Full Version : blackberry owners?? question.

LIZMO
06-14-2010, 08:37 PM
so i have the blackberry 8530.
on any car forum i go to and i try to reply to a thread.. it pops up with "must enter title/subject". and it doesn't let me post. i tried entering in the subject line on a different forum, and it still says the same thing.
its kinda annoying b/c half the reason i wanted a phone w/ internet is for the forums, my old samsung delve let me post on any forum. but this BB doesn't, which sucks cuz its more money a month for internet that i have no use for if i can't post.
does anyone else have this problem? or an easy fix?
i dl'ed the free tapatalk and it doesn't let me reply either..
thanks in advance!

Z28Envy
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
I have the same phone and I don't have any problems with it on forums.

LIZMO
06-14-2010, 10:04 PM
grrr well im jealous.
im gonna go to UScellular tomorrow and tell them to fix it for me. or try.

LIZMO
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
Well let's see if this works.. I dled opera mini broswer..

MoCkiN U
06-14-2010, 11:54 PM
if opera mini fixes your issue then all good but what I think is happening is you have it set on blackberry for browser setting. To get it to work like you want you would need to change the browser to either explorer or firefox which a lot of BBs came with lately.

It just comes down to how they handle cookies and java and what content will open and how fast it opens. Should just be able to go to internet and hit BB button/menu key and choose properties and change "browser" or "default browser"

Opera mini should already do all of that so non issue I hope for ya

Rocket Power
06-15-2010, 01:12 AM
My Storm 1 works fine with BB,IE, and firefox browser

LIZMO
06-15-2010, 09:31 AM
opera mini did work. it was just really slow opening sites.. but thats okay i guess cuz i can reply to threads.
i just tried changing the browser to firefox and explorer and neither worked, maybe i gotta restart the phone when i change them... mmm ill try that.
thanks alot! :)