PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see the new karate kid?

Yooformula
06-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Just got back from taking the kids to see this and it was really good! There were a few times that it seemed to take a bit long but the movie was done very well regardless and the locations they shot at were impressive imo! great wall of china, wudang temple, forbidden city.:thumbsup

Korndogg
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
I refuse to see this movie.

Car Guy
06-14-2010, 07:41 PM

:confused

moels
06-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Took the kids Friday and we liked it. My opinion, it would have been better with a high school age character. We like it though.

Took the kids to see A-Team on Sunday and we all liked that one alot.

Prince Valiant
06-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Prepare for mucho psuedo-karate fights in middle schools everywhere next year....

Korndogg
06-14-2010, 10:23 PM
:confused

Not a fan of remakes of movies from my childhood.

hrsp
06-14-2010, 10:34 PM
saw A team...its what i expected....

heard k kid was good...for youngsters

Neal Steffek
06-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Just got back from taking the kids to see this and it was really good! There were a few times that it seemed to take a bit long but the movie was done very well regardless and the locations they shot at were impressive imo! great wall of china, wudang temple, forbidden city.:thumbsup

Here is my question. Why not just rent/buy the DVD and have a family movie night at home? Cost less, you get better food, and you get to watch a way better movie.

MoCkiN U
06-14-2010, 11:49 PM

Im with you on this one

Karps TA
06-15-2010, 07:51 AM

I'm right there with you. I hate seeing my childhood movies and tv shows raped.

Plus no equivialant to Elizabeth Shue = Fail.

Yooformula
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Here is my question. Why not just rent/buy the DVD and have a family movie night at home? Cost less, you get better food, and you get to watch a way better movie.

i thought the original sucked and its not like we go to the movies very often if at all. We actually do family movie night ALOT so going out to the theater was a treat but thanks for the advice:rolleyes: didnt recall asking what would make a good night out with the family.

moels, I agree a slightly older character would have been better too imo especially since he had a crush on the girl.

Saw the A-team, it was entertaining and I was kinda glad to see a full length movie done for it but it wasnt something I had been holding my breath for. And for the lame purists, I enjoy the remakes because it keeps the old movies new and gives the kids a cool comparison of what I watched as a kid and what is capable of being done now. My kids watch any remake and the original, they love the old shit too...hell they still love watching tom & jerry!

Prince Valiant
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Here is my question. Why not just rent/buy the DVD and have a family movie night at home? Cost less, you get better food, and you get to watch a way better movie.My TV screen is 48 inches, not 30 feet. My sound system isn't as good. At home, there is often distraction of dogs, phones, cars driving by, etc. I also like the shared experience of people reacting with you/hearing other laughs, whatever. Plus, I can't seem to get the popcorn quite as greasy buttery salty as I do at the movies.

It's a different experience, no doubt...my wife and I enjoy both.

I'm with Yoo on remakes...they aren't the worst thing in the world, even if it's a cherished favorite from my youth. Some films are DYING to be remade...thing about the original karate kid is that it's kind of out of date...it's not bad, and we can relate to growing up like the kids in the original, sure, but today's kids couldn't the same way...and part of the fun of the original was putting yourself in the ralph muchacho shoes.

I just can't believe it's 2hours and 20 minutes?!?