PDA

View Full Version : The Highway is still fun!

pjturkey
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Now I was in diapers in the early 80's where all the stories came from, so I can't say I've ever experienced highway 100 during that time, but my friends and I cruised our junk up there friday night and I still had a damned good time. I realize there's tons of cops, but from what I've seen, they leave old cars alone for the most part.

Lots of neat stuff...
a dark brown-ish?? Regal T-Type....that's all I heard was TURBO...
66 or 7 GTO dark green?? I believe
black 66-7 chevelle
a really cool flat black mid 60's Chevy shortbox pickup pulled into krispie kreme while we were sitting there

Good to see the muscle's still well represented!

tommyt5078
06-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Did u see the F40?

And post in the right place!!!!!

Flicktitty
06-14-2010, 06:52 PM
yeah its still agood time. just things have "changed" even when i first started going out there like 7years ago they have changed.

pjturkey
06-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Did u see the F40?

And post in the right place!!!!!

If it was red and hanging around a viper I did. Pretty cool!

Given the amount of things totally unrelated to cars (and car related things) that get discussed in "General Chat" I'de thought be ok posting something relatively car related...

1997 Trans-Am
06-14-2010, 07:28 PM
i never see anything good when i go to highway. just a bunch of high school ricers in there little civics.

GTSLOW
06-14-2010, 07:30 PM
I think that turbo regal has been up there for years. Was it kinda ratty? (not the best paint, wheels, etc/aged looking)

pjturkey
06-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I think that turbo regal has been up there for years. Was it kinda ratty? (not the best paint, wheels, etc/aged looking)

I only saw it for a couple seconds....it had one of those trickflow aluminum 10 bolt covers ....that's about all I saw

hrsp
06-14-2010, 10:27 PM
its ok if you dont mind the HUGE risk of getting hit by a 16yr old driving like an ass...lol

Red97GTP
06-14-2010, 10:42 PM
As cool as that was 10 years ago, I can't help but get extremely pissed off at the asshats that drive 5-10 under the speed limit. Makes me wanna throw whatever ammunition I can at them... soda bottles, pennies, etc.

TheRX7Project
06-15-2010, 07:47 AM
As cool as that was 10 years ago, I can't help but get extremely pissed off at the asshats that drive 5-10 under the speed limit. Makes me wanna throw whatever ammunition I can at them... soda bottles, pennies, etc.
Especially when it's a group of 6+ crotch rockets, across multiple lanes. Get a fucking life you homos!

The "risk of getting hit" is why I make MAYBE 1-2 passes and park in Culvers. The Belvedere may not be the prettiest, but she's a lot harder to replace than some POS Integra.

Dr.Buick
06-15-2010, 07:55 AM
It's sad to say but I was around in the mid to late 80's. there will NEVER be like that again. :crying.

Flicktitty
06-15-2010, 09:04 AM
i don't see how EVERYONE think's there gonna get hit. be aware of what/who is around you and you will be fine.

Feature Pony
06-15-2010, 09:13 AM
i don't see how EVERYONE think's there gonna get hit. be aware of what/who is around you and you will be fine.

LOL, I don't care who you have driving around you, odds are the people that are not paying attention find the nicest car to distroy!

Todd Z
06-15-2010, 11:08 AM
It's sad to say but I was around in the mid to late 80's. there will NEVER be like that again. :crying.

I also admit I started going to the hwy in 1982. We would ride our bikes up there from Muskego. Back then you could make a lap faster on a bike. Then the I got my DL in '84.

The cruising spot then was from Oklahoma to AMF.

flyin_blue_egg
06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
i never see anything good when i go to highway. just a bunch of high school ricers in there little civics.

that's because most of the guys with nice cars are a little bit older and thus more mature...they do a few laps and hang out at oscars etc. then do a few laps and go back to oscars. unlike the high school ricers you speak of that just do hot laps all night long and then get pulled over.

Waver
06-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I rolled through there on saturday, saw the f-40, by its self.....still comes out at about the same time at night....last time I saw him, he was racing a built mustang...now that is a real race

letsrunem
06-15-2010, 11:38 AM
It's has gone downhill for sure even since I started going a few years ago. I still manage to meet cool people every time I go.

Josepy
06-15-2010, 11:54 AM

Yeah Flick this is off. Ive been close to rear ended twice down there. One time the kid had to drive there parents car onto the sidewalk to avoid me. I really could not have prevented that.

Flicktitty
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Yeah Flick this is off. Ive been close to rear ended twice down there. One time the kid had to drive there parents car onto the sidewalk to avoid me. I really could not have prevented that.

that is true, but how many times could that happen anywhere? sure there are a few bag's of bad apples out on hwy. but have you seen how people drive else where? 1 had on there phone, there other hand texting on a seperate phone, there 1 foot putting make up on and the other foot turning up the radio.

Waver
06-15-2010, 12:39 PM
that is true, but how many times could that happen anywhere? sure there are a few bag's of bad apples out on hwy. but have you seen how people drive else where? 1 had on there phone, there other hand texting on a seperate phone, there 1 foot putting make up on and the other foot turning up the radio.
wow, where the heck did you see that?

-stew-
06-15-2010, 01:37 PM
LOL, I don't care who you have driving around you, odds are the people that are not paying attention find the nicest car to distroy!

Sounds like I'm safe then!

ScareCrow
06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
I remember back when I used to cruise in my old civic. I used to hate seeing all the other kids with riced out civics doing stupid stuff, then I was guilty by association. After like the first month of going out I just learned to park at Oscars maybe take a lap or two. And that was only like 5 years ago. Maybe its time to find a new place to cruise?

fairlanejones302
06-15-2010, 01:50 PM
I agree with u that on hwy they leave muscle alone ivebeen on hwy a lot of times and cop never took a second look at me I used to go there every Friday and i was never pulled over

Voodoo Chick
06-15-2010, 02:01 PM
The cops do seem to leave the muscle cars alone, last time I was up there I had the '79 Camaro, and had the exhaust cut-outs open, so the car was louder than all Hell, and there was a really cool '74 Cutlass alongside, also fairly loud, and the cop that was sitting right there left us both alone, he just kinda looked over, admiring the cars. We were driving politely, too....I think that makes a difference, if you are obviously up there to cause a scene and driving like an ass, they'll go after you then, I'm sure.

Josepy
06-15-2010, 02:08 PM

Hwy is worse then anywhere else I normally drive. So that is what I am comparing it too.

Rocket Power
06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
truth

-stew-
06-15-2010, 02:19 PM
The cops do seem to leave the muscle cars alone, last time I was up there I had the '79 Camaro, and had the exhaust cut-outs open, so the car was louder than all Hell, and there was a really cool '74 Cutlass alongside, also fairly loud, and the cop that was sitting right there left us both alone, he just kinda looked over, admiring the cars. We were driving politely, too....I think that makes a difference, if you are obviously up there to cause a scene and driving like an ass, they'll go after you then, I'm sure.

Implying a 8.2:1 CR 350 sounds good with open exhaust.

:goof

TheRX7Project
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Hell, HWY will never be like how it was back in the early Aughts either. I started cruising HWY in the late late 90's (like, '99) through about 2003 (then I moved to KY for a while). When I came back, (2005) it was completely changed. It used to be PACKED up there... still lots of ricers doing stupid shit (admittedly, I was one of them) but now it's nowhere near as busy, and 99% ricers.

As stated, the "mature" crowd usually makes a couple passes and parks.

Voodoo Chick
06-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Implying a 8.2:1 CR 350 sounds good with open exhaust.

:goof

Well, if a car is stock, I would imagine they don't sound all that great with open exhaust, mine is most assuredly not stock. There is NOTHING stock left on the car. Don't make a judgement until you know the whole story. :thumbsup

PureSound15
06-15-2010, 06:07 PM
Well, if a car is stock, I would imagine they don't sound all that great with open exhaust, mine is most assuredly not stock. There is NOTHING stock left on the car. Don't make a judgement until you know the whole story. :thumbsup

So what's done to it?

Korndogg
06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
So what's done to it?

EVERYTHING duh

Voodoo Chick
06-15-2010, 06:19 PM
So what's done to it?

Basically, everything was gutted out and replaced.....as you know, 1979 was one of the years where the stock set up was pretty much all emissions crap, and that's just not good for anything. Different rebuilt engine, transmission, carb, exhaust, pretty much anything that could be replaced was. Not to mention new body panels, etc. I don't go into too many details on forums, as some (certainly not all) people seem to sort of lay in wait to hear about your car so that they can start getting critical and nasty. However if I ever see you at a car show, I'll be happy to tell you more. :)

PureSound15
06-15-2010, 06:27 PM
:confused:confused:confused

...So it doesn't have cats? :shades

Voodoo Chick
06-15-2010, 06:32 PM
:confused:confused:confused

...So it doesn't have cats? :shades

No, not anymore, lol..........however, when I got the car, she still had the cats, and someone had clumsily replaced the stock exhaust with two different-length pipes, cats-back, and had installed a pair of burned-out glasspacks...........crookedly. I remember looking under there like :eek:

BOSS LX
06-15-2010, 06:36 PM
Hwy is what you make it.

pjturkey
06-15-2010, 07:04 PM

See, I like the fact that it's all rice now. It makes my muscle car that much more unique! (especially becuase people mess with mine cuz it looks bone stock!) :-)

pashtrd
06-15-2010, 07:14 PM
See, I like the fact that it's all rice now. It makes my muscle car that much more unique! (especially becuase people mess with mine cuz it looks bone stock!) :-)
It is bone stock isnt it?:thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
06-15-2010, 07:38 PM

Yeah, I understand what you mean.....All that rice makes the muscle cars look like wolves among poodles. Saw the pic of your car, by the way, and it's beautiful. :thumbsup

pjturkey
06-15-2010, 10:26 PM
It is bone stock isnt it?:thumbsup

Yup, I never get asked to open the hood at the track......that classifies as all stock :-)

pjturkey
06-15-2010, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I understand what you mean.....All that rice makes the muscle cars look like wolves among poodles. Saw the pic of your car, by the way, and it's beautiful. :thumbsup

Thanks! the wolves among poodles is a good way to put it :thumbsup

GHOSST
06-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Hmm, I particularly like rice, its good with tuna. As far as Hwy, I joined this website when I went up there for the first time in my 97' Z28 and met some badass down to earth BCMer's. I had a absolute blast in the summers of 03' and 04'. 05' marked my official year of disappointment... the rest is self explanitory. :chair:

4I Notch
06-19-2010, 12:06 AM
Highway is still gay and probably always will be. Tonight was the 2nd time in the past month I have had flying objects hit my car. The first was a cd someone threw out the window leaving a small dent on my fender. Tonight I had an egg thrown at my marker lamp and smashed a nice size hole right through it. F*ck hwy 100, bunch of punkass kids out there with no respect....just my two cents.

scaleracer
06-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Highway is still gay and probably always will be. Tonight was the 2nd time in the past month I have had flying objects hit my car. The first was a cd someone threw out the window leaving a small dent on my fender. Tonight I had an egg thrown at my marker lamp and smashed a nice size hole right through it. F*ck hwy 100, bunch of punkass kids out there with no respect....just my two cents.

That's what ruins it is people being stupid I would've been pissed and probably stopped but that causes more drama.

4I Notch
06-19-2010, 12:39 AM
That's what ruins it is people being stupid I would've been pissed and probably stopped but that causes more drama.

Yeah the thing that sucks is they were going the opposite way on hwy and I didn't even see the car that it came from. Otherwise they would have been very sorry for what they did. :devil

slotracer81
06-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd like to catch punkass kids that do stupid shit like that myself. I went to a party last night and left my car parked on 92nd off of Montana, went to pick it up this morning and had about a half dozen eggs smashed all over my car. I find it kind of pathetic that they don't have anything better to do than mess up other people's stuff.

scaleracer
06-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Yeah the thing that sucks is they were going the opposite way on hwy and I didn't even see the car that it came from. Otherwise they would have been very sorry for what they did. :devil
Damn that sucks and I would've wanted to beat some a$$!

I'd like to catch punkass kids that do stupid shit like that myself. I went to a party last night and left my car parked on 92nd off of Montana, went to pick it up this morning and had about a half dozen eggs smashed all over my car. I find it kind of pathetic that they don't have anything better to do than mess up other people's stuff.

Damn Joe that sucks and yeah that is messed up times are changing and people don't respect others as much.

gottwins?
06-20-2010, 02:45 PM

I must be the wolf hunter waiting with my sniper rifle then. :rolf

Highway is too hostile for me (cops) and my car (idiots). I would rather just cruise randomly near the lake/downtown.

Guteman
06-21-2010, 02:52 PM
I still go out to H100 from time to time. I've only been cruising since the early 2000's, so I cannot relate to what the good old days were. I agree with gottwins (and others) on this one. If you're car sticks out, it will attract all sorts of attention IE cops and kids. Most of the people with a legitimate interest in cars stay away from H100 because of the chances of getting pulled over, getting a ticket, getting rear ended, getting caught behind cars going 30mph, or getting your car vandalized are likely.

With that said, there is still a ton of great cars still cruising H100. Every time I head out there I see some really fast cars and good people. It's all ruined by the people whom weave through traffic at 60mph+, take up all three lanes going 30mph, half assed built cars, vandalizing, and kids fresh off watching fast and furious.

These days, I spend most of my time cruising out in Holy Hill, Dousman, and around town. I know some areas where you can drive semi-aggressively and wont be bothered. Any racing I do is done via AutoX.

TheRX7Project
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
Damn that sucks and I would've wanted to beat some a$$! ... Damn Joe that sucks and yeah that is messed up times are changing and people don't respect others as much.

You can't have nice shit anymore unless you can watch it 24/7.

From what I understand, a lot of the eggers hang out by that bike trail just south of Beloit. My boss's kid's car got egged going through there. All it would take is someone to get a severe ass beating and all that shit would stop.

scaleracer
06-21-2010, 11:33 PM

From what I understand, a lot of the eggers hang out by that bike trail just south of Beloit. My boss's kid's car got egged going through there. All it would take is someone to get a severe ass beating and all that shit would stop.

Yeah I agree I remember my dad and I driving past there and got something thrown at us once I told my dad to stop but the kids ran I was pretty mad.

Guteman
06-22-2010, 08:58 AM

If that's a case location wise.... a couple weeks ago there were two cop cars parked facing the trail with a couple of people sitting on the curb. Not sure if they were found carrying eggs or anything, but there's a chance these kids were caught and dealt with.

TheRX7Project
06-22-2010, 11:29 AM
If that's a case location wise.... a couple weeks ago there were two cop cars parked facing the trail with a couple of people sitting on the curb. Not sure if they were found carrying eggs or anything, but there's a chance these kids were caught and dealt with.

That still won't stop it, honestly they probably got a slap on the wrists (if anything) and that won't stop it.

pjturkey
06-22-2010, 05:30 PM
I still go out to H100 from time to time. I've only been cruising since the early 2000's, so I cannot relate to what the good old days were. I agree with gottwins (and others) on this one. If you're car sticks out, it will attract all sorts of attention IE cops and kids. Most of the people with a legitimate interest in cars stay away from H100 because of the chances of getting pulled over, getting a ticket, getting rear ended, getting caught behind cars going 30mph, or getting your car vandalized are likely.

With that said, there is still a ton of great cars still cruising H100. Every time I head out there I see some really fast cars and good people. It's all ruined by the people whom weave through traffic at 60mph+, take up all three lanes going 30mph, half assed built cars, vandalizing, and kids fresh off watching fast and furious.

These days, I spend most of my time cruising out in Holy Hill, Dousman, and around town. I know some areas where you can drive semi-aggressively and wont be bothered. Any racing I do is done via AutoX.

It's all based on personal experience. I've honestly never gotten pulled over on HWY100. In fact, I really haven't even come close to being hit either.....granted I'm not there making 20 laps either.

I don't really mind the half-assed built cars. I mean, when I was in High School I wasn't an expert on the stuff either. Now, it takes a fortune to go "fast". The million-dollar misers took over drag racing. Seeing people work with what they got is cool. I'de rather see a multi-colored paint job than a bunch of billet crap under the hood...just my preference.

jamestown478
06-22-2010, 05:35 PM

damn. I've been hit with shit about 6 times now. Start carrying some spark plug porcelein for them little shits windows.

PureSound15
06-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I haven't had anyone throw anything at my car on hwy - but it would be an interesting night for whomever thought it was a good idea.

pjturkey
06-22-2010, 06:24 PM
I haven't had anyone throw anything at my car on hwy - but it would be an interesting night for whomever thought it was a good idea.

Ya.....they could discover what cruel and unusual punishment really is, with the "UNUSUL" part being way more interesting than the cruel part....

gottwins?
06-22-2010, 07:00 PM
That still won't stop it, honestly they probably got a slap on the wrists (if anything) and that won't stop it.

I wouln't be to sure about that. I was in a car with some people, no longer my friends..who threw eggs. I got 3 disorderly conducts from three different cities, $2,000 worth of fines and x amount of court dates for just being in the car. I understand that I was held liable for just being in the car but 3 disorderly conducts?! some bullshit! THEN they tried saying that I commited murder so they held me in jail until the the "evidence" came back negative...what a day/night that was. I would HOPE they would do worse to those idiots.

-stew-
06-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Seeing people work with what they got is cool. I'de rather see a multi-colored paint job than a bunch of billet crap under the hood...just my preference.

You're my new best friend!!!!!

Voodoo Chick
06-22-2010, 09:19 PM
There's NOTHING wrong with a multi-colored paint job, work-in-progress car. I think those are actually some of the coolest ones. You can see "perfect" billet-encrusted cars at every show, and out cruising, it's the ones that are clearly still in their being-built phase that seem to stick in my memory the most.

Guteman
06-23-2010, 09:11 AM
My idea of half assed cars arent cars without the chrome/billet engine bay package, clean paint job, the set of volks, or the moton coilovers. Some of my favorite cars I've seen are the sleepers.

Half assed are the kids with the body kitted out V6 mustang, honda, or 3rd gen eclipse tearing through a pack of cars like its some kind of sprint race listening to Ludacris - Move Bitch.

Just my opinion.

letsrunem
06-23-2010, 12:05 PM
I love seeing shit like the early '90s escort.. turbo setup, 8 fuel injectors, junky looking. Ran bottom 13s.. just an awesome sleeper.

pjturkey
06-23-2010, 12:47 PM
I love seeing shit like the early '90s escort.. turbo setup, 8 fuel injectors, junky looking. Ran bottom 13s.. just an awesome sleeper.

Ya, I love sleepers....guess that's what I was after with the Cutlass.....it's cool to beat up on cars that LOOK way faster than yours! :thumbsup

Waver
06-24-2010, 10:23 AM

Wait, that is not the green gt with the black fender, is it?

GHOSST
06-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Be a sleeper all you want. I'll still tell you your car looks like a piece of shit. :loser