PDA

View Full Version : Fs-sbc305 & th350

drrodder
06-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I have a garage that needs a bit clearing out. Lying around is a TH350 trani (was working when pulled, but not in new condition) and a 305 cid (The block casting number is "355909" 1976-1985 305cid 2-bolt) that was running in a 65 Malibu that I bought. The block, heads and trani are not 60's vintage. The engine is mixed with I believe a late model 305 block, 60's intake, short water pump and mics valve covers. A runner, but needs work. Complete oil pan to 4brl carb. w/balancer & water pump.

Looking for: $50 on the trani & $100 on the engine.

loud91rs
06-12-2010, 05:19 PM
What does the engine need? I am very interested so I can get my junk moving again. Thanks!

drrodder
06-13-2010, 08:41 AM
What does the engine need? I am very interested so I can get my junk moving again. Thanks!

Depends on what you mean by "Moving". It was running when it came out. I test drove the car and drove it on the trailer in N. Carolina when I bought it. Then around town a little after it was back. Pulled the engine as I had a better one sitting around to use. I would guess the min is a tune up and oil change. A bit more might be gaskets and if you want a long lasting one, a full rebuild. I'm selling it with the oil pan to carb (air cleaner was junk) and distributor (and coil) to water pump all still intact and installed. Also included is the starter and automatic fly wheel (off the engine). Not included is the exhaust manifolds, motor mounts (they were broke) or alternator. Spark plugs are gone.

loud91rs
06-13-2010, 09:03 AM
My definition of "moving" for this car is to be able to pull it out of the garage and back in the garage, or maneuver it around without pushing it. Sounds pretty good, i'll let you know.