PDA

View Full Version : Lets play a game

lilws6
06-12-2010, 08:33 AM
I now own a 04 and a half chevy 2500hd duramax. looked it completly over when i got home. no chip is visably installed to the harness like i thought there was. theres a ton of wires going every where, where there should be a chip. but none are connected there all dead end wires. theres an egt sensor in the manifold not hooked up. and a munch more wires all just laying under the hood. also theres a place where i could put a boost gauge on but no line so i may order up a boost gauge. Now for the game. the truck is no slouch. You put the hammer down and she smoke real hard in the low end. Then once it clears up she goes like hell. if i were to gues i'de say low 15's high 14 sec. 1/4's. just by feel :goof. What the hell is still done to the truck that i can't find? A hypertech wouldn't put that much powa in it would it? its over fueling down low and seems like the trans is not stock but what do i know?

Anakonda69
06-12-2010, 09:52 AM
no it wouldn't and if it is tuned with a handheld and you don't have the tuner you will have to have it dealer reflashed before using any other handheld programmer with it. i would guess it has been tuned with a handheld or some sort if your laying smoke down. what kind of exhaust does it have?

Anakonda69
06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
does the truck have stock front end? like stock tie rods and such? if your gonna do any 4x4 playing around you need to get tie rod sleeves so you don't break them. especially if it does have a tuner on it.

emptypockets
06-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Get all the loose and bs wiring out of it, have the dealer flash the ECU back to stock and start fresh. There is no telling what the previous owner did to that truck.

lilws6
06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Its a 2wd truck and right now it has a straight exhaust with a single 6" I think single stack

lilws6
06-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Oh and it lays a GOOOOD amount of smoke :)

GTSLOW
06-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Any pics?

emptypockets
06-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Obviously you have a nice car for the summer, why would you buy a 2wd truck? Just curious. If its laying a good amount of smoke there is definitly somthing going on there. Weather it is a tune or injectors or mabey both. Id suspect it is most likely just a tune though. Injectors are a easy upgrade but its by no means as common as a simple plug and play tune. Id have the dealer you bought it from flash the ECU back to stock and see what happens from there. At that point you can choose to purchase whatever tuner floats your boat. You cannot go wrong with the PPE units though, just my .02 cents.

lilws6
06-12-2010, 11:10 PM
I really have no use for a 4x4. Hooked up a boost gauge my buddy had laying around. The gauge is accurate and it pegs about a quarter inch past 30 psi. Its a fun truck and so far I'm happy with my decision.

emptypockets
06-13-2010, 05:24 AM
I really have no use for a 4x4. Hooked up a boost gauge my buddy had laying around. The gauge is accurate and it pegs about a quarter inch past 30 psi. Its a fun truck and so far I'm happy with my decision.

Good Deal... :thumbsup

lilws6
06-13-2010, 09:41 AM
And since nan wanted pics ill have to get some soon I haven't been home long enough with it to take pictures. The back windows already black with soot and it pretty dirty but just because nan wants pics ill take some :goof

Anakonda69
06-13-2010, 10:47 AM
i would go easy on her till you get some fluids changed and really figure out what she's all got done to her. just to be safe since you don't know what the other owner has put her thru.

emptypockets
06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
i would go easy on her till you get some fluids changed and really figure out what she's all got done to her. just to be safe since you don't know what the other owner has put her thru.

I agree.... Assume that the previous owner was the typical ignorant diesel owner that was obsessed with nothing more then blowing black smoke and stupid looking stacks that beat the ever living hell out of that truck every day he owned it. :rolf