PDA

View Full Version : Took the LRT BACK to GLD...

Prince Valiant
06-09-2010, 11:22 PM
And didn't quite get my 14 second time slip...but hey, it's still stock. I did put a new throttle cable on, but I need a new throttle holley throttle adapter...I might be able to make what I have work, but basically I need to shorten the length of the lever arm so that X amount of cable travel results in just a smidge more opening of the throttle.

I think just a tad more, and maybe bumping the timing a couple degrees or 4 might have touched 14's in the mostly stock truck...not that it's important, it would have just been "neat" to make the old school beast hit that relatively mundane number.

So I ended up with a 15.13 @ 89.66 mph.

But it was a good time...saw and got to talk to Plum Crazy and StealthySS, as well as an owner of a very stout AMC AMX who really really needs to work on getting traction :goof (he ran a 13.9 @ almost 113, with a nearly 2.8 60').

Great night though...9 runs in just over 1 hour with a nice 30 minute break to check out cars and shoot the shit.

Plum Crazy
06-10-2010, 03:05 PM
And didn't quite get my 14 second time slip...but hey, it's still stock. I did put a new throttle cable on, but I need a new throttle holley throttle adapter...I might be able to make what I have work, but basically I need to shorten the length of the lever arm so that X amount of cable travel results in just a smidge more opening of the throttle.

I think just a tad more, and maybe bumping the timing a couple degrees or 4 might have touched 14's in the mostly stock truck...not that it's important, it would have just been "neat" to make the old school beast hit that relatively mundane number.

So I ended up with a 15.13 @ 89.66 mph.

But it was a good time...saw and got to talk to Plum Crazy and StealthySS, as well as an owner of a very stout AMC AMX who really really needs to work on getting traction :goof (he ran a 13.9 @ almost 113, with a nearly 2.8 60').

Great night though...9 runs in just over 1 hour with a nice 30 minute break to check out cars and shoot the shit.

Yeah, Tony with the AMX has traction and tranny issues!

That_Guy
06-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, Tony with the AMX has traction and tranny issues!

I remember that car from a summer ago its bas ass