PDA

View Full Version : Fox Lake Firefighter's car show July 24, 2010

xFullThrottlex
06-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm making a thread for my uncle, the chairmen of the Fox Lake Firefighters car show. For those of you that turned out last year, thank you! For those of you that couldn't make it last year I hope you can this year.

Here's the info on it this year...

Saturday, July 24th 2010, Fox Lake Fire Fighters 9th Annual Classic Car Show and Swap Meet,
Firemen's park 248 E. State Street, Fox Lake, Wisconsin.

119 Giant trophies given away in 37 classes, 3 or more trophies given away in each class. Concourse style judging, plus 13 special trophies with the Grand Champion trophy standing more than 6 feet tall. No class trophy less than 39 inches tall. This is an all makes, all years welcome show. Gates open at 8:00 A.M. sharp, rain or shine. Free for spectators and free cash drawing for all show entrants. Free cash drawing for all spectators. Nice concession stand serving all of the summer favorites, also serving ice cold Bud and Miller all day. Solid gold music all day, generous parking spaces, security provided on grounds all day. Dash plaques given away to the first 500 vehicles thru the gate. Car Corral available for a $15 charge. No for sale signs, unless in Corral or paying $15 fee. Swap meet vendors wanted for $30 each, 15 x 15 area (sorry no food, snack, or beverage vendors) Seeking vendors, selling new and used auto parts, crafts, collectibles, and general merchandise. Price breaks on multiple spots for Car Corral and vendor spots. Following trophy presentation we will have a muffler rapping contest, and a wet and dry burnout competition with trophy's and prizes. Free to car show entrance to get into any contest with your registration or if coming off the street there will be a $10 charge to cover all contests. Once again this year we will have a trophy for the best display, best club participation, and best tear-drop trailer just to name a few. This is the one show not to miss. Pre-register is $6 judged and show only, day of show is $10 judged and $6 show only. All proceeds used to purchase equipment for the Fox Lake Volunteer Fire Department.

PM me or email at Mariop663@yahoo.com for a free flyer with more information on how to book your vendor or corral spot.-- I will be distributing flyers on Holz's 4th of July show, Borchardt's fathers day show, and many of the weekly shows/ cruises... if you see me walking around please Stop and say "Hi."

xFullThrottlex
06-09-2010, 03:51 PM
If you need to reach my uncle for anything his contact information is as follows... Tony Pipia (920)928-2158 or (920)210-8016
rocket88@centurytel.net

xxtremeteam
06-09-2010, 10:35 PM
really want to get out to this

xFullThrottlex
06-10-2010, 09:24 AM
It's worth the drive... you see a lot of different cars not just cars from this area

xxtremeteam
06-10-2010, 09:29 AM
i work at this point i will see if i can make a trade

xFullThrottlex
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
^sounds good!

STANMAN
06-10-2010, 08:39 PM
With that many trophies, you know I am in:rolf

I will be there though, seems like an awesome show.

Fondy13
06-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Im going. will be my 3rd year. just a great show to go to. lots to see.

xFullThrottlex
06-15-2010, 01:20 PM
Hey guys thanks to everyone who has called my uncle and registered.. he told me that there were quite a few BCM guys... it looks like it's going to be a HUGE show this year and I wanted to thank each and everyone of you guys (and maybe even persuade a few that are on the fence.)

Josepy
06-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Man I wish I did not have a bachelor party that day. :(

Fondy13
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
yup im signed up trying to get more of my modern mopar guys involved

xFullThrottlex
06-15-2010, 11:08 PM
Man I wish I did not have a bachelor party that day. :(

No worries, Have a good time and raise some hell at the bachelor party!

xFullThrottlex
07-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Spots are going fast guys!

Remember pre register to be judged is $6
Car Corral available for a $15
Swap meet vendors wanted for $30 each
day of show is $10 judged and $6 for show only

This all happens in twelve days!

CobaltSSTuner
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a blast! I'm taking off work for it

STANMAN
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Spots are going fast guys!

Remember pre register to be judged is $6
Car Corral available for a $15
Swap meet vendors wanted for $30 each
day of show is $10 judged and $6 for show only

This all happens in twelve days!

Sent in my registration slip this morning, looking very forward to this event:thumbsup

xFullThrottlex
07-13-2010, 07:52 PM
Sounds good guys, thank you very much and I know you'll have a great time!!

CobaltSSTuner
07-14-2010, 10:41 AM
took off work to go! SoOOO jacked!

xFullThrottlex
07-15-2010, 08:09 PM
^nice!!

Boosted01GT
07-15-2010, 08:45 PM
hmmm im tempted to go to this! BUT, that would mean i would have to leave here by 6 to make it there by 8.

xFullThrottlex
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
haha, Thats your call. If it makes you feel any better i'm going to be leaving at 4am to help setup at 6am!!

lit666
07-15-2010, 11:05 PM
anyone want to meet up to cruise down to this?

CobaltSSTuner
07-15-2010, 11:16 PM
Sure as long as we are one of the first ones there so I can get a dash plaque :)

xFullThrottlex
07-17-2010, 01:19 AM
^they do go fast!

STANMAN
07-17-2010, 11:08 AM
If you're pre-registered you automatically get one right?

xFullThrottlex
07-17-2010, 09:52 PM
If you're pre-registered you automatically get one right?

All pre registers are guaranteed one:thumbsup

lit666
07-17-2010, 11:05 PM
Don't care about a dash plaque, just want to make a cruise out of it.

nismodave
07-17-2010, 11:13 PM

I might be up 4 that.

STANMAN
07-17-2010, 11:22 PM
Don't care about making a cruise out of it, just want a dash plaque.:goof

xFullThrottlex
07-18-2010, 07:49 AM
^haha you guys are great... this show is going to be a blast and BCM looks like it's going to be well represented (Who knows maybe we will win the trophy for most club members in attendance)

STANMAN
07-18-2010, 12:12 PM
^haha you guys are great... this show is going to be a blast and BCM looks like it's going to be well represented (Who knows maybe we will win the trophy for most club members in attendance)

We might! Do we all need to park together or something, or do we put it on our dash display sheet?

xFullThrottlex
07-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Last year the clubs parked together but I believe if you write the club name in the display sheet it will work just as fine

CobaltSSTuner
07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
is it too late to pre-register?

xFullThrottlex
07-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Hey Cobalt, did you get a hold of my uncle?

outlawgibbs
07-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I wouldnt mind cruising down with some people, What time and where were we thinking of leaving.

STANMAN
07-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Is there a rain date for this event, or is it rain or shine?

Fondy13
07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
rain or shine show. hoping for shine planning for rain.

xFullThrottlex
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
rain or shine, there will still be tons of vendors... the burnout contest, muffler rapping, trophies and the whole nine!! Remember guys, real car guys will tough out a little rain!!

STANMAN
07-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Drag radials + rain=do not want.

Hoping for a better forecast!

xFullThrottlex
07-22-2010, 09:02 PM
^haha thats about the only reason i'm going to accept

Let me rephrase

Remember guys, real car guys who are not on slicks/drag radials will tough out a little rain!

Fondy13
07-22-2010, 11:03 PM
I just swapped out my good tires for my almost bald ones for the burnout contest. should be a fun drive down. LOL

xFullThrottlex
07-23-2010, 04:08 PM
haha sounds good!

t-minus less than 20 hours!!

STANMAN
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
How late can I be and still be judged? Slip says noon, will that time change if the weather clears up late and more cars show up later than expected?

Fondy13
07-24-2010, 02:39 AM
started raining here in fond du lac. god I wish I had a garage. at least the car has a good coat of wax on it. LOL

michelle
07-24-2010, 06:15 AM
How late can I be and still be judged? Slip says noon, will that time change if the weather clears up late and more cars show up later than expected?

Stop down here and grab our big pop-up canopy we have used to cover my car during rainy track events. The judges will love you for the canopy more than those mints you put out. :goof

STANMAN
07-24-2010, 07:31 AM
I am switching out the tires as soon as I get done posting this and heading up!

xFullThrottlex
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Thank you everyone who came and made this a success!
Attendance was down this year (We did eclipse 400 cars though)

Stanman your car looked great!

Fondy you sure can smoke those tires!

We hope there's better weather next year but once again thanks guys!!

Fondy13
07-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Still don't know how I lost kinda really bummed.

STANMAN
07-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Great show, lots of cars that I hadn't seen before!! For those of you who plan for next year, make a full day out of it. It's an all day event for sure, and you won't mind, trust me!!

xFullThrottlex
07-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Still don't know how I lost kinda really bummed.

I was surprised as well... the mustang really cooked em, but I thought you had him.

STANMAN
07-25-2010, 08:32 PM
Just a question, was this year the "normal" time frame? We had to leave right before the burnout contest because I wanted to see my daughter before she went to bed. I mean what time did the whole she-bang end?

xFullThrottlex
07-25-2010, 09:14 PM
^we were pushed back a little later because of weather... but the show is done before dark. Registration is done by noon and then after judging is complete and scores are determined trophies are presented (typically by 4pm) after the trophy presentation and 50/50 raffle the muffler rapping contest is underway then dry burnout and wet burnout takes us out on a high note. Some people stick around for an hour/ hour and half but the show is technically done after wet burnout. Sorry to hear you missed the burnout contest Stanman... next year you have to stick around for it!

400+ cars showed up this year and if the weather would of cooperated,we should of had another 300 there.With what we had ,I will take it as a success
Last years teardrop trailer and traditional hot rods/rat rods class were huge and that was not the case this year (once again bad weather leading up to the show)
But I guarantee that next year's show will be bigger and badder as my uncle is continuing to grow the swap meet and vendors portion and we hope to continue to have high quality show cars, projects, daily driven machines, new and old school rides and everything else you can imagine come out and continue to support the firefighters.

From the bottom of everyone's hearts we would like to thank you so much for attending, as this show would not be anything without you, and we look forward to seeing you next year!

STANMAN
07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
^we were pushed back a little later because of weather... but the show is done before dark. Registration is done by noon and then after judging is complete and scores are determined trophies are presented (typically by 4pm) after the trophy presentation and 50/50 raffle the muffler rapping contest is underway then dry burnout and wet burnout takes us out on a high note. Some people stick around for an hour/ hour and half but the show is technically done after wet burnout. Sorry to hear you missed the burnout contest Stanman... next year you have to stick around for it!

400+ cars showed up this year and if the weather would of cooperated,we should of had another 300 there.With what we had ,I will take it as a success
Last years teardrop trailer and traditional hot rods/rat rods class were huge and that was not the case this year (once again bad weather leading up to the show)
But I guarantee that next year's show will be bigger and badder as my uncle is continuing to grow the swap meet and vendors portion and we hope to continue to have high quality show cars, projects, daily driven machines, new and old school rides and everything else you can imagine come out and continue to support the firefighters.

From the bottom of everyone's hearts we would like to thank you so much for attending, as this show would not be anything without you, and we look forward to seeing you next year!

I will for sure be back next year, hopefully with the big meats on the back. The car looks odd to me now with the "small" tires out back. If 275/40/18 is small.:rolf

Also, is there a way we can see our scorecards so we know where to improve? I was not there when my car was judged, I was out looking at everything else, I have seen my car more than enough, lol.

xFullThrottlex
07-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Haha if 275/40/18s is small I can't wait to see the car in person with the big meats.

We do not show the scorecards (years past spoiled this practice)
However, you can get your judges name and ask to speak with them after all judging of their class is done. Or another idea would be to find a judge from a different class and ask for his/her honest opinion as this would not affect the actual judging of your car. This is a good practice and I actually spoke with a gentlemen who was in my class after all judging was complete and I let him know what I looked for, what I noticed about his car that was different from others, what he could improve upon, etc. A main thing to remember is we do not judge underneath the wheel wells (no frame, no floorboards, etc.) and that a car is judged upon a 150 point scale.

In my experience, it is best to talk it over with an impartial party and see what feedback they give you and take their advice with a grain of salt. Stanman, you have a very nice Stang and I wouldn't be too worried about it though.

MoCkiN U
07-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I am not meaning to start a pissing match but I am truly curious bro. Often times plain text on internetz doesnt come off as sincere especially when saying something that can be taken negatively so take with a grain of salt but why on earth would you really want to know how you scored on the judges card?

Would you really put more money into the car in that area to compete better at a local show? does that thought process even make sense in your brain? Maybe it does I dunno.

I just found that thought curious. For all of us who do shows I think in the back of our head we acknowledge that we are NOT true show cars that would compete in national shows even though personally I have tried and failed miserably.

I had a great time at those shows but never left thinking my car should have won.

Maybe in the end its non of my business and I have never been a stanman hater or supporter cause I dont know you for shit yet but just curious what you would get out of it man?

STANMAN
07-26-2010, 05:34 AM
Actually I won in my class, which was 93 and up Mustangs and Vettes. I am being sincere. The reason I was asking was for my interior. My shift light and boost gauge are both hidden in vent pods and I often wonder if that makes me score lower than readily visable items. And no, it's not like if I scored low in the underhood portion that I would go to full chrome (God bless you Kelley for making that choice, I would never have that much energy to keep all that looking that good). I have gone a certain way with my car, and I wouldn't change the "concept", but if there were small things that I could change (cleanliness that I missed for example) then yes, I would like to hear about them. As far as more money, God I hope not, lol.