PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

Sexy83TA
06-25-2004, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to get some suggestions. I've been wanting to get a tattoo for a good 2 years now and I think I'm finally ready to do it. But I wanted to get any suggestions of places to go, or even better, a name of an artist you trust.

Any suggestions from those who have tattoos would be appreaciated.

JohnnyT
06-25-2004, 09:12 AM
I have two. One was done at Black Dragon in Waukesha and I am VERY happy with it as far as color and quality. I don't remember the name of the artist though, he was a big Indian guy if I remember correctly

The second one was done at Body Ritual on the east side of Milwaukee (In the basement of the Prospect Mall). I am NOT very happy with how that one turned out, so I would tell you to stay away from there.

Sexy83TA
06-25-2004, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=2KSS-4027]I have two. One was done at Black Dragon in Waukesha and I am VERY happy with it as far as color and quality. I don't remember the name of the artist though, he was a big Indian guy if I remember correctly
QUOTE]

Ive heard mixed results about Black Dragon. Some people swear by them, and others seem to think their less then great. I've walked in there a couple times to check it out. And if it was an indian looking guy who did yours then it was George.

Thanks for your imput though.

SSmike1
06-25-2004, 10:19 AM
Hey Heather,

I can Install that Tatoo for ya!
and if ya let me pick the spot!!!!!!! :)

it will be free! :wooo

j/k :-P

Sexy83TA
06-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Hey Heather,

I can Install that Tatoo for ya!
and if ya let me pick the spot!!!!!!! :)

it will be free! :wooo

j/k :-P

"Install" Very nice wording.

But I already have a spot picked out, though you might get a peek at something at the location I want. :shades

Wouldnt trust a free tattoo though

BAD LS1
06-25-2004, 10:24 AM
Im thinking of getting one too... like on my back or arm...

Just like the "SS" on the rear valance of my car with the bowtie infront of it... might be kinda cool

Sexy83TA
06-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Im thinking of getting one too... like on my back or arm...

Just like the "SS" on the rear valance of my car with the bowtie infront of it... might be kinda cool

You going to be a man and step up to the plate or what? Lets go Saturday and get our designs drawn up and make an appointment.

What do you say?

JohnnyT
06-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Ive heard mixed results about Black Dragon. Some people swear by them, and others seem to think their less then great. I've walked in there a couple times to check it out. And if it was an indian looking guy who did yours then it was George.

Thanks for your imput though.

Yep, I think George would have been the one... I think ultimately it is more the artist than it is the place. Good luck.

JohnnyT
06-25-2004, 10:28 AM
You going to be a man and step up to the plate or what? Lets go Saturday and get our designs drawn up and make an appointment.

What do you say?

I agree Tommy... Be a man and have the $hit done! :thumbsup

Sexy83TA
06-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Do you remember if Black Dragon charges by the hour of by the design?

wikked
06-25-2004, 12:01 PM
My brother has gotten a few at Black Dragon, no complaints.
I'd stay away from Body Ritual as well, I got a chinese symbol above my belly button, not too much bigger than a postage stamp, solid black, $65!
Live n' learn :)

Crawlin
06-25-2004, 12:29 PM
i love mine. tribal design of my initials CDM on my back right in the middle right under the shirt collar area. got alot of compliments on it. i had it done at American Tattoo which is right down the street from black dragon. the guy doing it was funny as hell and gave me a good discount. even did some "extras" that i hadn't thought of like shadowing. i want to get another one, but my arms are too skinny, and having the one centered on my back, another one in that area would throw it off.

Chris

DocDave
06-25-2004, 12:33 PM
I also have had good luck at American Tatoo. I have a custom drawn dragon that covers about 25% of my back. The artist drew it to fit around and existing tatoo I had. It turned out great. Don't rember the artists name though. It was more than a few years back now.

HITMAN
06-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Tattoos = Crowd Follower = :lame:

Just my $.02

JohnnyT
06-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Do you remember if Black Dragon charges by the hour of by the design?

Well, it was a few years ago, but I believe they charged by the time it took to complete the design, so kinda both...

Crawlin
06-25-2004, 02:50 PM
Tattoos = Crowd Follower = :lame:

Just my $.02

and there are alot of people who feel the way you do, so you are a crowd follower as well :argue

Knyghtmare
06-25-2004, 02:52 PM
My roomate has about 3 or 4 all done at Black Dragon, he loves that place, keeps trying to get me to go and get one with him.... my only problem is that I dont have a clue what to get.

BAD LS1
06-25-2004, 03:04 PM
My roomate has about 3 or 4 all done at Black Dragon, he loves that place, keeps trying to get me to go and get one with him.... my only problem is that I dont have a clue what to get.

Get:

"CAN YOU SAY LS1?" :rolf

pOrk
06-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Shannon is god like, although I forget where is he working out of now. Also, try and get ahold of Cannonball. That guy goes some wild ****...

SSmike1
06-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Hey Heather,
you caught that!

Other Than driving my LS1,
Installations are my Favorite thing to do!
:-P

"Install" Very nice wording.

But I already have a spot picked out, though you might get a peek at something at the location I want. :shades

Wouldnt trust a free tattoo though

Knyghtmare
06-25-2004, 11:58 PM
Get:

"CAN YOU SAY LS1?" :rolf

:rolf The question is now, where? :cool2:

HITMAN
06-26-2004, 01:14 AM
and there are alot of people who feel the way you do, so you are a crowd follower as well :argue

Not really. I've never followed the crowd, epsecially the trendy, fashionable crowd. What's cutting edge today, is tomorrow's "Can you believe people used to dress and act this way?" laughable behavior. Maybe you should try and lead instead of follow, for a change... :rolleyes: But, you go ahead and do what you want, Oh Hip One, I was just adding my own thoughts to the mix... :slap

Knyghtmare
06-26-2004, 10:12 AM
You know your a redneck if you have a "3" or and "8" tatood on your body...

Crawlin
06-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Not really. I've never followed the crowd, epsecially the trendy, fashionable crowd. What's cutting edge today, is tomorrow's "Can you believe people used to dress and act this way?" laughable behavior. Maybe you should try and lead instead of follow, for a change... :rolleyes: But, you go ahead and do what you want, Oh Hip One, I was just adding my own thoughts to the mix... :slap

I didn't mean it as an insult to you. Just as a joke, but I guess that last smiley face didn't show up next to the arguing one.

I just find it funny that people(just making a generalization right now) have this habit of saying that certain things are "crowd following" while in their own life they make plenty of decisions that follow other crowds. To make a generalization that all people who get tattoos are just following a crowd is absurd. About 90% of my friends DO NOT have one, so does that make me a crowd follower? I'm proud of my name and wanted something on my body that showed that fact. And I'll do it again whenever I have kids. I'll have another tattoo with their names inked in on some backdrop. But you have a right to your own opinion. As do I. And telling me how to lead instead of follow? It's impossible to "lead" in today's world. How about I make fun of you because you went and bought a mustang notch to build? Like you are the first to do that :wtf

Tragically Unhip

A B4C Z
06-27-2004, 02:30 AM
If its the same Shannon his brother works with me. I can find out ware he works and ware he did work. I want to say he works at something called like "deep skin...." but im not 100% sure.

Kyle

Sexy83TA
06-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.