PDA

View Full Version : New apartment...no dog.

lordairgtar
06-07-2010, 11:23 PM
Well, I finally have my internet up and running and the phone and TV too. Seems the new management heard about Paris' biting a neighbor and told me now I cannot have her in the new place. HAWS won't rehome the dog so she will be euthanized. I am quite saddened by this and having no internet, phone and all that, I could not try and get her somewhere to live or let you guys know what was up. Although a very protective dog, she was the sweetest dog to us and never bit us or anything like that. She never bothered anyone we brought in the house, only outside or the hallway. Once you were in the apartment, she figured you belonged there. Letter from management said that if the dog was seen on the property, we would get a notice to vacate in 5 days. I could not go through that again. So with great sadness I had to tell HAWS to euthanize. They did call work today and ask if I had found someone to take her and I had to say no. If by any chance she is still alive and someone wants her, call HAWS and inquire about Paris. I doubt that she is with us at this time however. RIP Paris...I hope your days are filled with Scooby Snax and Tennis balls.

letsrunem
06-08-2010, 03:11 AM
So the dog bit someone?

michelle
06-08-2010, 05:25 AM
Very sorry to hear, but she will have all sorts of fun at the bridge.

VroomPshhTsi
06-08-2010, 08:37 AM
Words can not describe how unfair I believe all of this is. Seems that your new landlord called past landlords for references and the old one mentioned about the dog. They should at least take a look and meet your dog before labeling it as too dangerous based on one bite. My girlfriend's parents have an English Setter that would have been put down if they did not adopt it because it bit ONE kid ONE time and that was because the kid was teasing the dog. Their dog turned out to be the gentlest, nicest dog that even jumps on on the couch and cuddles with you. Hell my dog can be a huge bitch compared to their dog, but because their dog was put in a tough situation by being provoked, it came that close to being put down.

Sorry for your loss. I think the current rules about a dog biting someone is a load of crap. I know there are behavior tests out there for dogs and your current landlord should be looking into that instead of the testimony of one person.

Prince Valiant
06-08-2010, 10:46 AM
This is so sad....sorry to hear this greg :(

Russ Jerome
06-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Makes me wany to snipe someone, that sucks Greg.

wrath
06-09-2010, 07:05 AM
Does that give you the ability to move again? If you can't have the dog, I don't think you have to stay there. I'd move on because that just sets the tone of a douchebag landlord.

Plus, around here, housing with pets is about $300/month more.

xxsn0blindxx
06-09-2010, 07:11 AM
My sister works at HAWS. I saw her yesterday(her name is Angela) and she had talked to you and felt really badly for you and Paris. The people there are obviously all very big animal lovers and hate having to put dogs down.

lordairgtar
06-09-2010, 10:53 PM
My sister works at HAWS. I saw her yesterday(her name is Angela) and she had talked to you and felt really badly for you and Paris. The people there are obviously all very big animal lovers and hate having to put dogs down.
Angela was nice. I just feel so bad about Paris. Still hard for me. I was hugging every dog that came through the car show tonight.

Prince Valiant
06-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Angela was nice. I just feel so bad about Paris. Still hard for me. I was hugging every dog that came through the car show tonight.
Hey Greg, I hope you can make it out to the next doggie playdate, whenever it may be...I know it'd be bittersweet, but we'd love to see you out there :thumbsup

Slow Joe
06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
I don't even know what to say.

That sucks.

Just becuase a dog bites once it's not a bad dog. My dad's dog Gunner bit a kid one time as a reaction. Gunner has turned out to be the best dog ever.

I'm sorry this happened to you! I don't even know how I'd react if this happened to me.

HITMAN
06-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Wow dude, that completely fucking sucks. I read your last thread about this and thought you had resolved the problem. It seems as though your last landlord had it in for you and your pup. I'd lean on the new landlord to find out how they got the info on your pooch and if it turns out the source was your last landlord, I'd sue the bastards.