PDA

View Full Version : Good lake for a 3 y.o.?

Lash
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
My Dad and I are taking my 3.5 year old out fishing on a lake for his first time. What are some of the smaller lakes in the Waukesha area that you guys have had luck on this year. I was thinking maybe Phantom since it's so close, but I've never fished that lake...lol. The few times I went on Beulah last year it sucked ass...plus the launch is an effing mile from the parking lot. Nagawicka? :confused
Not looking for just pan fish either. Daddy has to have some fun too :banana1:.

Holeshot
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Okauchee is a good pan fish lake. Fish the island on the north west end of the lake.

RanJer
06-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Potters Lake is a good time. Easy launch access, close to Mukwonago. I've caught perch, gills and bass there.

Lash
06-06-2010, 09:06 PM
I fish Okauchee a lot..... but if you're not there at 5 a.m. good luck getting on. Plus, once the boats start flying around (it gets crazy on that lake) it might get a little too choppy for the young grasshoper.

I was thinking about Potters or Eagle Springs too. Haven't been on Eagle Springs in a while so I'm not sure how busy the launch is.

GTSLOW
06-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Fuck nagawicka. I took a week of leave last month and went fishing with my dad. We killed it at Buela. The last two days between us we got 96 Large mouth one day and 105 the next. That's not counting the bazillion blue gill, rock bass, and a few small mouth, perch, etc...

We fished nagwicka the first day and caught 5 fish total. Went to buela and it was 100000x better.

Adamsy87
06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
96 Large mouth one day and 105 the next.

That's CRAZY! What were you catching them on?