PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody else see this? The MMA fighter that freaked out a while ago?

Nix
06-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Very disturbing read...

http://www.helium.com/items/1849690-mma-fighter-jarrod-wyatt-charged-with-torture-and-murder

84hurst
06-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow that's fucked up! Guess that's what shrooms can do to someone

DRK
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Guess that's what shrooms can do to someone

:rolf

Prince Valiant
06-04-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah...saw that a little bit ago. Have a tough time believing that he was conscious for while his chest cavity was being opened up. But that's beyond f'd up.

BR3W CITY
06-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't believe pretty much ANY of the explanation.
First of all, even on a high-dose Psilosybin (spelled wrong I'm sure), a trip that "hard" is pretty much not gonna happen. His explanation is far too lucid, and a consistent belief like that (including taking action) is even less likely. Hallucinogens tend to reveal latent psychoactive issues; the "ability" to perform such an act was already inside of him, the mushrooms may only have acted as a catalyst.
Second, if he was a "tripped" as he claims, the actions which he took would have been somewhat difficult to actually carry out, both physically and mentally.
I think there is more to this than just "took drugs = killed someone", as the article seems to report.

badass88gt
06-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I dont think he's gonna get very far with Jimmy Fallon being his lawyer. That guy's a douche. ;)

What kind of knife did he use to cut through his chest? I wouldnt think a knife one would find laying around could cut through a person's sternum?

Prince Valiant
06-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I don't believe pretty much ANY of the explanation.
First of all, even on a high-dose Psilosybin (spelled wrong I'm sure), a trip that "hard" is pretty much not gonna happen. His explanation is far too lucid, and a consistent belief like that (including taking action) is even less likely. Hallucinogens tend to reveal latent psychoactive issues; the "ability" to perform such an act was already inside of him, the mushrooms may only have acted as a catalyst.
Second, if he was a "tripped" as he claims, the actions which he took would have been somewhat difficult to actually carry out, both physically and mentally.
I think there is more to this than just "took drugs = killed someone", as the article seems to report. I'd disagree with this since the guy seems as if he was pretty emotionally unstable to begin with...a persons emotional state of being go a long way in determining a good or bad trip...likewise, that there was a religious context to it is consistent with certain psychedelic drugs. Let's face it, this guy was likely bipolar to begin with, which throws in an even higher level of uncertainty to which direction his trip goes.

Likewise, the dose isn't always the indicator of the intensity of the hallucinogenic effect. Psilocybin is a pro-drug that itself is metabolized into an active drug within the body. Therefore, the time that one is affected and the time that the dose is active is affected by the rate that person metabolizes the pro-drug component...if he is a high metabolizer of this particular class of pro-drug, then the same dose that causes a mild effect for most can cause an intense psychedelic effect for him, albeit for a briefer period.

As far as trying to absolve the mushrooms contribution to killing the guy, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. As if he was always a psychotic murder that the drug just nudged him over the edge a little? I doubt that...it's true, the drug probably wouldn't make you do something you aren't already capable of....but if your perception of reality is altered so much that one actually believes one is in danger, you may certainly be capable of defending oneself...far and away most are.

This guy, due to the mushrooms, actually believed he was participating in armageddon...in his altered reality, this is what he thought he needed to do to save himself, and again, because of the drugs effect on him, probably the proverbial "all of mankind." Hell, I could kill because I thought someone would be a mortal threat to my dogs, much less the world.

This isn't a defense of him by any stretch. I think the guy should either face the death penalty, or at best, rot in jail for the rest of his life...and then rot in hell thereafter.

It just bizarre though when people try to downplay the role of psychedelic drugs in psychotic behavior. :confused

DRK
06-04-2010, 04:15 PM
As far as trying to absolve the mushrooms contribution to killing the guy, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish. As if he was always a psychotic murder that the drug just nudged him over the edge a little? I doubt that...it's true, the drug probably wouldn't make you do something you aren't already capable of....but if your perception of reality is altered so much that one actually believes one is in danger, you may certainly be capable of defending oneself...far and away most are.

It just bizarre though when people try to downplay the role of psychedelic drugs in psychotic behavior. :confused

wait so alcohol made me to get a owi and mcdonalds made me fat.

The dude butchered somebody. No matter what he ate or drank before the fact it takes a fucking psycho to cut someone up like that. Only people like you a tipper gore would think the shrooms made him do it.

T-Bag
06-04-2010, 06:28 PM
Why do they keep on insisting calling this guy an MMA fighter when he had one lousy fight for some local ma-and-pa gym? The fucking liberal media keeps wanting to bury MMA and make every fighter look like a fucking savage.

BR3W CITY
06-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Ya I think you missed my point prince. I was merely trying to get around the "blame the drugs for the person" mentality that I felt the article displayed. I feel the media likes to demonize the drugs, NOT the person when something like this happens.
I get that 'boomers affect each in a different way, but I still have to disagree that the drugs actively contributed to the murder. If you do pcp and kill someone, the argument may be better, as complete alterations of reality etc are known. I guess my point is, I've been there before, and from my experiences it would be some SERIOUS craziness to push you this far over.

fivonut
06-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I dont think he's gonna get very far with Jimmy Fallon being his lawyer. That guy's a douche. ;)

What kind of knife did he use to cut through his chest? I wouldnt think a knife one would find laying around could cut through a person's sternum?

Ever gut a deer and cut through the sternum? It takes some force but your average hunting knife can do it.

Prince Valiant
06-04-2010, 10:32 PM
wait so alcohol made me to get a owi and mcdonalds made me fat.Well, it's pretty hard to get an OWI without alcohol causing your drunkeness, therefore it certainly contributed. Your laziness, excessive calorie consumption, and poor choices made you fat.

Notice, I never absolved the guy of responsibility nor suggested his punishment should be any less harsh...

But God did make you dumb, so your absolved of all responsibilities there.

If someone chooses to do drugs, they are responsible for their choices while under it's influence, just as if someone drank or whatever...and the choices you make under the influence of a mind altering substance, be it alchohol, pcb, marijuana, huffing certainly contributes to one making different choices than if they were sober.

True, dumbasses like yourself probably make stupid choices no matter your sobriety or lack thereof.

Ya I think you missed my point prince.Your point was "Don't blame the drugs!"

So it appears I didn't; see?
I was merely trying to get around the "blame the drugs for the person" mentality that I felt the article displayed.Except no where in the article does it portray the accused as an innocent victim of evil drugs. It actually portrays the accused as an unhinged psycho who committed demonic acts of depravity. Yes, it certainly noted the user's use of drugs and how it contributed to his state of mind...beyond that, there was no mention of, or moralizing about the use of drugs in the article.

I guess my point is, I've been there before, and from my experiences it would be some SERIOUS craziness to push you this far over.Yeah, perhaps...but then you don't have his brain, do you? You don't know his relative chemical make-up and how it affects his thought process, nor how psychotic drugs affect an already suspect, emotionally unbalanced, head-case. Use of drugs doesn't confer any expertise on a drugs effects, only experience in how it affected you the times you used it.

To believe that mushrooms didn't contribute to his behavior is like DoRK believing that alcohol doesn't contribute to the drunkeness that helped lead to an OWI.

DRK
06-05-2010, 01:17 AM
To believe that mushrooms didn't contribute to his behavior is like DoRK believing that alcohol doesn't contribute to the drunkeness that helped lead to an OWI.

your a waste of oxygen and I've had enough of your incoherent drivel you just made the ignore list

70 cutlass 442
06-05-2010, 02:34 AM
wait so alcohol made me to get a owi and mcdonalds made me fat.

The dude butchered somebody. No matter what he ate or drank before the fact it takes a fucking psycho to cut someone up like that. Only people like you a tipper gore would think the shrooms made him do it.

Alcohol is not a hallucinogen, it didn't make you do anything... It may have impared your decision making process, but you knew that before you drank it.... Same thing with this... This made him do uncontrollable things, but it was his choice to drink the "tea" therefore i feel he is guilty. I dont even know how you can begin to compare two completely different drugs that effect different parts of the brain in different ways.

DRK
06-05-2010, 09:52 AM
I dont even know how you can begin to compare two completely different drugs that effect different parts of the brain in different ways.

I'm not. What I'm saying is that it would be as absurd to blame a alcohol for a blackout that lead to a owi as it is be for this guy to claim "the mushrooms made me do it".

The drugs didn't make him a psycho he is a psycho

Prince Valiant
06-05-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm not. What I'm saying is that it would be as absurd to blame a alcohol for a blackout that lead to a owi as it is be for this guy to claim "the mushrooms made me do it".

The drugs didn't make him a psycho he is a psychoYes, psychedelics don't contribute to psychotic behavior! Of course, drugs are completely harmless. He did this shit all the time sober!

Further, it would not be the alcohol that causes a blackout in your OWI example! Something else did!

DRK is pricelessly stupid...drugs apparently have no affects on the human body. That's why the're harmless and people do them. Because they do nothing :rolf

your a waste of oxygen and I've had enough of your incoherent drivel you just made the ignore list :D:D:D:D Your precious world view would collapse around if you kept me around :banana

-though I wished you had at least came up with a half-way decent zinger to *ignore* me with, lol.

Al
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
your a waste of oxygen and I've had enough of your incoherent drivel you just made the ignore list

You should un-ignore him. Like him or not, you will miss out on lots of thread info.

The fucking liberal media keeps wanting to bury MMA

Do you really want to go there this early on? I know more church-going conservatives who oppose MMA than Prius-driving liberals.

BR3W CITY
06-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Yes, psychedelics don't contribute to psychotic behavior! Of course, drugs are completely harmless. He did this shit all the time sober!

Psychedelic and psychotic are not, related words, just because of the PSYCH prefix. Sure, that means they both pertain to the brain, but the two words really have nothing to do with each other.

Being a psychotic nutjob is what contributes to that behavior, he could have been drunk and gone on a rage and done the same thing...
I have to ask the final questions; have you actually ever tried a hallucinogen? The ONLY drug that I've ever seen cause any though pattern that would cause someone to go off like this, is PCP and thats not really even a trip-drug.

No, I was not in his brain at the time, but I just feel you have a fundamental lack of understanding about psychedelics.

DRK
06-06-2010, 02:18 PM
I just feel you have a fundamental lack of understanding .

I agree