PDA

View Full Version : Must see show quality 1985 iroc rolling chassis w/cage and t-tops 45,000 original mi.

FourEyedFord
06-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm trying to help my brother sell his car, and it seriously is one of the cleanest third gens I have seen:

Hi everyone! After much debate I have decided to sell my 1985 Camaro IROC. I have owned her for over 6 years. Currently the car is a rolling chassis. I DO HAVE TO ADMIT IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST THIRD-GEN ROLLING CHASSIS ON THE MARKET!!!

A little history about the car...it was originally purchased in Milwaukee, Wisconsin by a woman on August 30, 1985. The car was eventually sold to a gentleman, who also lived in Wisconsin, and purchased it for his wife. A few years after the LT1 motor was released, the gentleman decided to swap out the original 305 and upgrade the car with an LT1 (around 95 or 96). In late 2002/early 2003, that couple was ready to sell and upgrade to a fourth-gen LS1 car. That is where I come in...I purchased the car around that time and have owned it ever since.

The moment you see the car you can tell that she has been cared for for her entire life. NEVER DRIVEN IN WINTER AND ALWAYS COVERED! The gentleman I purchased the car from was very well to do and was able to store the car in his heated basement. Keeping up with that tradition, I too have stored her in a heated garage over the summer and winter months for the last 6 to 7 years paying over $1200 per year.

A few years back I started to have big plans for the car and pulled out and sold the LT1 motor. After that I took the car to Tom Ljujic at OTE design and fabrication in Waukesha, Wisconsin (www.otedesign.com). Tom is well-known for his pro-street Impala that was on the cover of Summit magazine. He designed and fabricated a custom 8-point chromoly cage with a halo and swing arms making sure that the t-tops and rearview mirror are still fully functional. He also installed custom chromoly subframe connectors. Both were painted a flat black and the work cost me about $1700. The work and welding he does is definitely worth the wait and is absolutely amazing! After that the project seemed to come to a halt because my job and working became my life unfortunately.

I have through the years purchased a few parts for the car. I love the styling of the original IROC rims so I went out and purchased a set of restored 1988 IROC rims. The rims are in PRISTINE condition! The rims are also wrapped with Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3’s and have about a 1,000 miles on them. The rim and tire combo totaled about $1200. I will also include the original set of IROC rims as well and they too are in very good condition with minimal scratches. Finally, I purchased an original 1LE spare tire back in the day and will include that as well. It appears to never have been used and is probably worth around $100.

Exterior..ORIGINAL T-TOP CAR...The color of the car is just beautiful. The pictures don’t do her justice! Obviously blue, the car has been repainted and redecaled once by the previous owner and a date of when escapes me. At the time the paint job set him back about $5000 and is the car’s best attribute. Definitely show ready! There is one light scratch on the molding of the driver’s side door and two small chips on the driver’s side quarter panel, but that is it! The size of the chips are very small! The car is ALWAYS covered and I will also include the cover. It is a California Car Cover and I purchased it for around $250.

Interior...Currently the interior is out of the car (not the dash), but I have every piece except the carpet. All the hardware is individually bagged and labeled. All the plastic is black and is great condition. I purchased a complete set of early fourth-gen gray leather seats for the car, driver’s side is power and is still in great working condition with NO tears and have the usual but minimal leather wear. I will also include the original set of seats. They are a deep navy blue and have the feel of “velvet” and are also in great condition. Being the perfectionist that I am, I also purchased new power window/ power door lock/ hatch release buttons because the graphics on them were starting to fade a little. Everything will be included.

Other..factory suspension, no engine wiring harness, but still retains all other electrical, Eaton posi unit with 3:73 gears.

CLEAN TITLE
45,000 ORIGINAL MILE CAR
FACTORY IROC
LOCATED IN WAUKESHA, WISCONSIN
READY AS A SHOW/STREET OR STRIP CAR...all it needs is a motor and transmission

$5000 OBO and will consider all reasonable offers

CALL ANDY AT (262) 993-0508 or private message me with any questions or a date and time to come take a look! E-mail works too...andrew.grasch@hotmail.com Thanks!!

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/YellowNotch/Other%20stuff/andycar.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/YellowNotch/Other%20stuff/andycar2.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/YellowNotch/Other%20stuff/andycar5.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/YellowNotch/Other%20stuff/andycar4.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b208/YellowNotch/Other%20stuff/andycar3.jpg

WickedSix
06-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Seen it at the shop def the nicest 3rd gen i've had the pleasure of seeing

FourEyedFord
06-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Seen it at the shop def the nicest 3rd gen i've had the pleasure of seeing

Thanks! I would love to see someone do something with it. Everytime I look at the car, I think it's sad to see something so nice just sitting.

PonyKiller87
06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
If its not already, post it on Thirdgen.org they will probably rag about the price being to high but it will get alot of views from people that are looking for this type of car.

FourEyedFord
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
If its not already, post it on Thirdgen.org they will probably rag about the price being to high but it will get alot of views from people that are looking for this type of car.

My brother has an account there, so I am sure he will post it up.

-stew-
06-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Sex on wheels! If I didn't have two projects waiting...

loud91rs
06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Beautiful car! It's nice seeing one that survived. If only I didn't have a thirdgen roller sittin around already... Good luck with your sale!