PDA

View Full Version : Boating Questions

BoosTT
06-01-2010, 11:41 AM
1. If I get a speeding ticket, what does it mean? Does it affect my driving reccord? About how much are they? Are there different levels of speeding (like 10 mph over, 25 over, ect).

2. I never have correct change to pay the boat launch fees. What kind of fine would I be looking at if I didn't pay? And how often do they check?

3. Is there anything I need to carry with me on the boat? Like registeration card or ID? Im on a jet ski, so there is litterally no room.

4. Does anyone know what the local police boats look like?

DynoTom
06-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I think most recreation area users in Wisconsin as seen as "cash machines " for the DNR and Police departments that patrol them....

T-Bag
06-01-2010, 12:58 PM
speeding tickets dont effect your driving record

launch fee's are a gamble...theres been times ive thrown blank envelopes in there

have your registration card on you or in the vesspolice boats are obvious single console with police written on them usually

Crawlin
06-01-2010, 04:10 PM
well, after your first trip to the launch, you SHOULD know what the launch fees are, so write it down and actually pay and don't be an ass. Kinda one of those check off lists... "fill boat with gas, get $20 from ATM for launch fee", etc...

kinda a no brainer on that one

STANMAN
06-01-2010, 04:16 PM
"It's like Deadlist Catch, without the crabs":rolf

Sorry, just had to throw that in.

LIL EVO
06-01-2010, 07:27 PM
1. If I get a speeding ticket, what does it mean? Does it affect my driving reccord? About how much are they? Are there different levels of speeding (like 10 mph over, 25 over, ect).

2. I never have correct change to pay the boat launch fees. What kind of fine would I be looking at if I didn't pay? And how often do they check?

3. Is there anything I need to carry with me on the boat? Like registeration card or ID? Im on a jet ski, so there is litterally no room.

4. Does anyone know what the local police boats look like?

2) Stop at the gas station. I always break a 10. Weekends there is usually someone taking money and can make you change cause they're so damn busy. Depends on the lake

3) I stick my reg card in a ziploc bag in the fire ext tube. (Kawasaki stand up)

4) They say POLICE on the side :) They usually just help tow dead boats in and get a nice tan in the middle of the lake.

IcePickFreak
06-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

The only area you have to worry about speed is in 'No Wake' zones. That and keep away from guys fishing. It's not beyond them to cast treble hook lures at you if you go ripping close by them.

Goat Roper
06-01-2010, 09:35 PM
And ladies and gentlemen this is why I ride my R12 on Lake Michigan, no police and wide open spaces to avoid idiots.

Like lil evo said, keep the registration in a ziploc bag, works great.

Launching down at Bender is $9 and they always have change. Jim is usually man-ing down there and is easy to get along with. My wife miscounted how many ones she gave me before I left one time, leaving me a dollar short, but he was nice enough to put it in for me.

*SNOOP*
06-01-2010, 10:35 PM
I love boating..... ok carry on..

Rocket Power
06-02-2010, 12:44 AM
avaSdC0QOUM

shawn
06-02-2010, 04:13 PM
when we use to go out to the lake all the time we always paid the launch fee....because in the end the lake i fish/ski/ or do watever on has a nice launch and shit like that. to me payin the lauch fee helps keep the lakes nice for us to enjoy....my opion.

flyin_blue_egg
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Bust
Out
Another
Thousand

The only area you have to worry about speed is in 'No Wake' zones. That and keep away from guys fishing. It's not beyond them to cast treble hook lures at you if you go ripping close by them.

no true on the speed...most lakes have speed limits after dark.

BoosTT
06-03-2010, 01:16 PM
no true on the speed...most lakes have speed limits after dark.

Nearly every lake as a 45mph speed limit during the day, atleast near me. And like 25 mph during the day during the weekends from 11am-4pm.

Gotta open up the jet ski every now and then.

Goat Roper
06-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Nearly every lake as a 45mph speed limit during the day, atleast near me. And like 25 mph during the day during the weekends from 11am-4pm.

Yeah, when you have a 70mph ski it is really tough to not scream around.

We should really have a water day for BCM'ers

Slow Joe
06-03-2010, 11:26 PM

25 During the day on the weekends? Never heard about that one.

I know Okauchee is 45 mph sun up to sunset every day of the week. After that it's no wake til sun up.

Personally I've never been pulled over for doing over 45mph... As Jeff (SlowC5) knows, our old boat does more than 45mph, and we use to run it wide open from one end to the other end of the lake.

Cop boats... Well there are a few. There's a new sheriff boat on Okauchee that don't look like a police boat, it's a standard speed boat with a few small visual modifications... The actual police boats are pretty easy to pick out.

flyin_blue_egg
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
when it comes to getting a speeding ticket on the water it's pretty hard....this is due to the fact that in order to get a reading on a radar gun, the boat you're trying to get must be come directly at you or going directly away from you. otherwise the radar gun won't work. and most of the time if you are in radar range of a boat you aren't (unless you're stupid) going directly at it.

BoosTT
06-04-2010, 02:06 PM
when it comes to getting a speeding ticket on the water it's pretty hard....this is due to the fact that in order to get a reading on a radar gun, the boat you're trying to get must be come directly at you or going directly away from you. otherwise the radar gun won't work. and most of the time if you are in radar range of a boat you aren't (unless you're stupid) going directly at it.

Good point. I never thought of that. I wonder if the police can give tickets based on their judgement though (like they can on the road).