PDA

View Full Version : Bear sighting in Kewaskum

u_say_go
05-31-2010, 10:20 PM
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/95276009.html

This hits close to home (literally).

awsomeears
05-31-2010, 10:41 PM
In all honesty its the Bears land 1st so we should be concern about that, that won't happen given the growth of the towns and such. I hope they shoot him with a sleeping pill and take him back up north.

Take care of the guy.......

Prince Valiant
05-31-2010, 10:44 PM
I remember being late to work ~5 years ago because a bear was on the freeway, lol.

That_Guy
05-31-2010, 10:59 PM
In all honesty its the Bears land 1st so we should be concern about that, that won't happen given the growth of the towns and such. I hope they shoot him with a sleeping pill and take him back up north.

Take care of the guy.......

Get use to seeing this. The bear population is slowly getting up there. They don't issue enough permits imo. It shouldn't take 8 years to get a freakin bear permit. Also get ready to start hearing about wolves making there way down here. Thank you very much wi dnr. " do nothing right"

theavenger333
06-01-2010, 01:35 AM
bear have been down on this side of the state for a long time. you just don't see them. there was one in between mequon and germantown like 2 years ago. as for wolf? doubt them getting this far minus a stray or two. btw justin, it doesn't take that long for a bear tag. it's about a year in advance

That_Guy
06-01-2010, 07:09 AM
bear have been down on this side of the state for a long time. you just don't see them. there was one in between mequon and germantown like 2 years ago. as for wolf? doubt them getting this far minus a stray or two. btw justin, it doesn't take that long for a bear tag. it's about a year in advance

Ived applied the last 6 year and this next year will be the first time a get a tag. Yes it take that long.

Lash
06-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Yeah... it typically takes a few years. Guy at worked waited almost 4 years.

And I agree on the Wolves working their way south. Just a matter of time.

PureSound15
06-01-2010, 08:51 AM
Wolves and bears I believe. Seems to be more sightings of big cats lately, too, which scare the living shit out of me.

theavenger333
06-01-2010, 07:19 PM
i applied for a bear tag and got one the next year.... ?

Reverend Cooper
06-01-2010, 07:33 PM
thats why i have lots of guns capable of stopping all said listed animals

That_Guy
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM

Lame.

Lash
06-01-2010, 08:26 PM

How long ago?

SmokinRAM114
06-01-2010, 08:47 PM
thats why i have lots of guns capable of stopping all said listed animals

:thumbsup

badass88gt
06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Wow, glad I dont live in the big city. We see bear in the neighbor's backyards, we have coyotes crossing the street, fox running around, deer absolutely everywhere, jeez, it wouldnt seem normal if I didnt see this stuff every other day!

Al
06-02-2010, 02:04 AM
Wolves and bears I believe. Seems to be more sightings of big cats lately, too, which scare the living shit out of me.

Isn't the DNR trying to reintroduce big cats into norther WI?

Wow, glad I dont live in the big city. We see bear in the neighbor's backyards, we have coyotes crossing the street, fox running around, deer absolutely everywhere, jeez, it wouldnt seem normal if I didnt see this stuff every other day!

There are foxes all over Milwaukee, even downtown.

River Hills has coyotes running all over the place. In fact, my aunt's dog was attacked by one two weeks ago.

As for the deadliest animal in the US, that would be deer.

Russ Jerome
06-02-2010, 04:33 AM
I remember being late to work ~5 years ago because a bear was on the freeway, lol.

I remember that one:
http://www3.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=321820
Right on Burleigh and 45, think there was video near the watertower.

theavenger333
06-02-2010, 09:06 PM
How long ago?

last time i had a bear tag was 3 years ago i do believe. i could be wrong, it was about 3 years

SilverHorse
06-02-2010, 09:20 PM
I don't blieve wi is trying to reintridufe big cats into Tue state but could be wrong. A cougar was spotted on our land north of menomonie. It was seen after our renters heard what they thought was a small child scream. No pictures of the actual cat but do have piftures of the paw prints the same size as an adults hand.

The wi dnr has this website set up.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/mammals/cougar/hoaxes.htm

SilverHorse
06-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry about the terrible typing - fat fingers and a small phone!