PDA

View Full Version : Any police officers on these forums?

pOrk
06-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Just wondering - I want to upgrade all my lights to LED's so I can be brighter then the fuzz :rockwoot:

9C1 Driver
06-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Not a cop... but I know a little bit about cop cars and equipment... you serious about LED lights?

pOrk
06-23-2004, 03:39 PM
What do you mean am I serious? Confusing question.

Right now I have 2 Whelen Strobe Tubes in my headlights ( on a 60 watt power supply ) and I want 2 more. I will be purchasing the 6 output power supply that Federal Signal makes that handles the 6 strobe accessories and up to 12 amps of draw for LED strobes as well. I just picked up a SHO ME slim lighter kit and mounted those to my rear bumper on a seperate strobe supply, but eventually everything will be wired to the bigger power supply once I purchase it.

I want to get some Sound off lights, they have 2 sets of Stage 3 LED lights and a Stage 4 that I am very interested in. I wanted to get info on where I could find this stuff for a bit cheaper then, perhaps, General Fire and Safety on 60th st.

y2kws6
06-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Call Jacki my wife at 414-305-6530 to get her work number. They might sell them there.

No calls after 9pm please.

Tell her that Dan gave you the number.

Dan

pOrk
06-23-2004, 11:33 PM
What company does she work for?

9C1 Driver
06-23-2004, 11:50 PM
LED's on strobe power supplies? What??? LED's are direct wire to the cars power system, just gotta throw a switch on there somewhere. Do you mean switchbox?

The Whelen corner strobes are nice, but the SHO-ME LED's are sorta junky.. I don't like them at all.

If you want quality LED equipment, check out 911 EP ( www.911ep.com ) or Code 3 ( www.code3pse.com )

Online, Strobes For Less carries good strobe equipment for great prices: http://stores.ebay.com/STROBES-FOR-LESS

Otherwise... well it's all expensive no matter what. Ebay usually has good deals on equipment though. Your best bet for good deals isn't with any of the local retailers though.

Is this stuff just for show, or are you on a fire department somewhere?

pOrk
06-23-2004, 11:55 PM
CODE 3 - cheapest brand out there. Able2 makes some nice products for their prices. I will eventually be purchasing Sound Off LED strobes - but at 200 each I must hold off. The Able2 SHO ME's were 120 for the PAIR :rockwoot:

And I did mean what I said - Federal Signal makes a power supply that has a left and right channel so leds can go with the same flash patterns as strobe tubes.

Bad-TSi
06-24-2004, 12:11 AM
If their were, they prolly wouldn't admit it.

pOrk
06-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Also - I want the Bodygaurd Deal that seperates the front and back seats that they have in the squads. I found a GREAT deal on one but it doesnt come with any brackets. He has like 10 of them to choose from. Where do these bolt up to? How difficult are they to install? The guy said he wants 50 - 75 for one...

9C1 Driver
06-24-2004, 12:28 AM
Brackets will run ya something like $30 from Galls (www.galls.com) They're easy to install. You remove the upper seat belt mount and they fit on there, and you bolt the seat belt mount back over it. However this prevents the upper mount from adjusting, it'll be locked into the top most setting. The bottom of the cage normally bolts into the floor pan. What brand cage is this? At least the Setina prisoner cages are easy to work with.

As far as Sho-Me.. the units themselves are well constructed, but it's all GEN-I LED equipment which sucks as far as true warning capability goes. Code 3 and 911EP are generally using GEN-3 equipment which has much better off center visibility as well as brighter output to prevent sunlight wash out.

Sound Off makes great headlight and tail light flashers, if you're looking for some of those.

pOrk
06-24-2004, 03:44 AM
Brackets will run ya something like $30 from Galls (www.galls.com) They're easy to install. You remove the upper seat belt mount and they fit on there, and you bolt the seat belt mount back over it. However this prevents the upper mount from adjusting, it'll be locked into the top most setting. The bottom of the cage normally bolts into the floor pan. What brand cage is this? At least the Setina prisoner cages are easy to work with.

As far as Sho-Me.. the units themselves are well constructed, but it's all GEN-I LED equipment which sucks as far as true warning capability goes. Code 3 and 911EP are generally using GEN-3 equipment which has much better off center visibility as well as brighter output to prevent sunlight wash out.

Sound Off makes great headlight and tail light flashers, if you're looking for some of those.

The cage's there are actually several types. He has a few with the mesh in good condition and he has the one with the plexi glass window that goes up and down in great condition. It has a lever that you pull and the window FLYES up. Pretty neat if you ask me. Only wants 75 bucks for each one. But thing is, he told me the bracket kit would cost 80 bucks or something crazy. It is the Setina brand as well if I am not mistaken, since that is the site he told me to refer to. Would you be interested in helping install it if I picked one up?

Jeff from General Fire told me that the Slim Lighters were Gen II, one of the only reasons I bought them. Are they only Gen I?

And siwht Sound Ooff - have you seen the new preditor series? They are WICKED - and the GEN 4 windshield piece is amazing.

pOrk
06-24-2004, 04:04 AM
Transfer kit is 74.99 it looks like

http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=SS006&cat=30

y2kws6
06-24-2004, 12:39 PM
She works for Bendlin Fire Epuipment Inc.

www.bendlin.com

Dan

pOrk
06-26-2004, 04:17 AM
^ Bump so the 9C1 guy sees it.

9C1 Driver
06-30-2004, 05:06 PM
The cage's there are actually several types. He has a few with the mesh in good condition and he has the one with the plexi glass window that goes up and down in great condition. It has a lever that you pull and the window FLYES up. Pretty neat if you ask me. Only wants 75 bucks for each one. But thing is, he told me the bracket kit would cost 80 bucks or something crazy. It is the Setina brand as well if I am not mistaken, since that is the site he told me to refer to. Would you be interested in helping install it if I picked one up?

Jeff from General Fire told me that the Slim Lighters were Gen II, one of the only reasons I bought them. Are they only Gen I?

And siwht Sound Ooff - have you seen the new preditor series? They are WICKED - and the GEN 4 windshield piece is amazing.

I havn't seen the new Sound Off LED's...

All of the Slim Lighters I've seen were GEN-I, but I just checked around and indeed there are GEN-II slimlighters now. They should have this clear reflector type piece over the actual LED's.

Also, I checked on the bracket kits for Setina cages and they are about $80. I must of been thinking about lightbar bracket kits (about $30). They're actually pretty easy to install but if you think you need some help I might be able to lend a hand. About the only tools you will need are a socket set and a drill.

Pig Pen
07-01-2004, 04:45 PM
If their were, they prolly wouldn't admit it.

This isn't Hirev, I think there's a few on here. Also, I don't believe, since your wife is considered a first responder and her personal vehicle needs to have distinguishing lights on it in case of calls, that there are any regualtions on the light bars. I read through my D.O.T book and looked at the Trans 305 codes that could have been dealing with this situation, and nothing was stated regarding a vehicle that has fire plates (I'm assuming you have) and running different types of lights on them.