PDA

View Full Version : Pressure plate bolts????

SilverHorse
05-28-2010, 01:01 PM
I am installing a new clutch this weekend and the service manual says not to reuse the pressure plate bolts. They are M10-1.5x28.5 mm. I cannot get any from the dealerships for this weekend. Can i run down to the hardware store and pick up some regular bolts is there something special about these? If I can get regular bolts, what grade? Or if anyone knows of a place that has them for the weekend, please let me know.

Thanks

hotshift13
05-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Don't use Home depot crap, Go to an ACE if you have too they have a nice selection of bolts and shit like that...look at the markings, if you don't know what they meen, go find the oldest guy in the store and he should be able to help you...

SSDude
05-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Your bolts should have markings on them like 8.8 or 10.9
Google "metric bolt grades" and read up on it, like said before get them from a reputable hardware store.

SilverHorse
05-29-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the help, just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything special about the bolts. Now we will see how my first clutch install goes!

2002 WARHAWK
05-31-2010, 12:15 AM
how many times you planning on having the trans out of the car??? pretty sure you hold the record of many times having the bumper off!:thumbsup

Yooformula
05-31-2010, 12:28 AM
how many times you planning on having the trans out of the car??? pretty sure you hold the record of many times having the bumper off!:thumbsup

umm I am pretty sure my trans and clutch has been out of my car more time than most have changed their oil:rolf