PDA

View Full Version : lost vehicle title

SmokinRAM114
05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
I had a title magically disapear on me for a vehicle before I registered it in my name. I have a old registration for the vehicle and I bought the vehicle from my friend. Does he just have to go with me to get a new one??

Xephona
05-28-2010, 09:30 AM
Pretty sure it isn't going to be transferred from his name without his signature on it. So, you can probably have him request a duplicate title be sent, and then sign and transfer that way, or yea.. probably gotta take him with you for quicker service.

Feature Pony
05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
yeah your buddy will have to file for a second title which will cost you about $20. I would take him with and do the whole process there, and I would probably take the guy out for lunch for his time. I can't believe how many horror stories I have heard about people loosing titles in the other parties name and the other party not helping them get a second title.

Waver
05-28-2010, 09:58 AM
yeah your buddy will have to file for a second title which will cost you about $20. I would take him with and do the whole process there, and I would probably take the guy out for lunch for his time. I can't believe how many horror stories I have heard about people loosing titles in the other parties name and the other party not helping them get a second title.

agreed, and depending on what dmv service center you go to, you can get the title that day

-stew-
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
There is a form you can have your buddy fill out to sell the vehicle with out a title, but you still gotta pay the $25 duplicate title fee. Go to the DMV, and talk to the people at the counter who hand out the number. They should be able to give you the paper work you need and help you out. Seeing as you know the guy and are in contact with him it's relatively straight forward.

SmokinRAM114
05-28-2010, 10:48 AM
I did one of those I'm going to put it here so I don't forget it n well I forgot.. I ended up finding it in a location I never would have guessed I put it so all is good thanks guys

Car Guy
05-28-2010, 10:49 AM
I ended up finding it in a location I never would have guessed

I hate when that happens.....:goof

hotshift13
05-28-2010, 10:15 PM
I just found three titles ive been looking for...one of those "This is a great spot" Should just put them in the TITLE file in the cabinet..

lordairgtar
05-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Remember, it will always be in the last place you look.