PDA

View Full Version : Physics got PWNED!!!

Crawlin
05-28-2010, 08:27 AM
I probably failed my physics final along with the other 20 people in class, but these guys WIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbBcZjI7RA&feature=player_embedded

SilverHorse
05-28-2010, 08:44 AM
Mythbusters was going to see if that is even possible. Did anyone see if that episode aired yet?

TheRX7Project
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
It's FAKE it even says so in the description... seriously...

Xephona
05-28-2010, 09:27 AM
Yea, I saw that episode of Mythbusters. They built the ramp to the specs that they "somehow" determined from watching the video, and then had the ramp pointed at the lake so they wouldnt die.

Results were, people in video needed to be going 60mph down the ramp in order to make it the 120ft distance. Jamie only was able to achieve 40mph down the ramp and ended up short. So result was "busted" for distance.

However, they put a foam ring into the water, and with basic speed calculations they were able to land almost dead center in the ring. So, plausible on the targeting.

If nothing else... it looked fun

Crawlin
05-28-2010, 10:09 AM
It's FAKE it even says so in the description... seriously...

I know but I was still laughing my ass off hahahaha. more along the lines of this is something that would have been expected to accomplish on my final exam, haha

WickedSix
05-28-2010, 11:55 AM
which physics? what teacher?

fivonut
05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Yea, I saw that episode of Mythbusters. They built the ramp to the specs that they "somehow" determined from watching the video, and then had the ramp pointed at the lake so they wouldnt die.

Results were, people in video needed to be going 60mph down the ramp in order to make it the 120ft distance. Jamie only was able to achieve 40mph down the ramp and ended up short. So result was "busted" for distance.

However, they put a foam ring into the water, and with basic speed calculations they were able to land almost dead center in the ring. So, plausible on the targeting.

If nothing else... it looked fun

They also said they looked into the video itself and determined it was CG.

Crawlin
05-29-2010, 07:15 AM
which physics? what teacher?

Physics 2010

Mayer was my professor. I had the best professor out of all of them, unfortunately he had no input on the final, hahaha.

LOTS of it had to do with astrophysics and mass/rotational kinetic energy of a moon vs. the planet(saturn), etc....

When I left at the very end of the exam period, 2/3 of the class was still in there with a ton of blank pages

WickedSix
05-29-2010, 07:22 AM
thats pretty much every major test at msoe :rolf at least mayer is a good guy and super willing to help...tho it usually takes him a moment to regear his brain to explain in simpler terms lol gawd i hated 2 hour lecture classes tho...

WhatsADSM
05-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Mayer is one of the best teachers at MSOE for sure!

Crawlin
05-29-2010, 12:34 PM
oh yeah for sure! i heard some of my buddies and what they had to go through for that class and it was rediculous.

funniest part is he would never look at you or anyone in class when lecturing. it was like he was trying to talk to the wall in the back of the room or look into the skylights above, haha

hrsp
05-29-2010, 10:39 PM
seen it before...looks like it would be fun...until you landed

GTSLOW
05-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Fake or not that video is still pretty cool. They did a good job editing it.