PDA

View Full Version : Any HR managers here?

Xephona
05-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Is there anyone here in charge of hiring for your place of work? Or... know anyone who is? Preferably in a hospital/nursing setting. I have a rather serious question to ask (and no.. it isn't to beg for a job). I would just like to see what a HR would do or think under certain circumstances.

Thanks

xxtremeteam
05-26-2010, 10:31 PM
I work in a hospital maybe I could help but I do not do the hiring or firing

Z28Envy
05-26-2010, 10:32 PM
I stayed at a Holiday Inn express once so I can help as well! LOL

73MACH
05-26-2010, 10:34 PM
:rolf:rolf

wrath
05-26-2010, 10:52 PM
What is it? Confidentiality problem?

At my last job I was sphincter deep in SOX, FERPA, and HIIPA. Kind of sucked during the hiring process. I only hired students though. The friend-of-a-friend or my favorite was "the relative of someone who worked there being strongly suggested" hiring part sucked. But I'm an asshole and integrity is about all I've got left. Certainly didn't make any friends doing that.

My new philosophy is that I think hiring should be done with a Ouija board and talent management should be done by firing the bottom 10% every year. If you've got a pulse and you show up on time sober you're farkin' hired. Keeps the HR tards sharp, gets rid of underperformers, and keeps everyone doing what they're supposed to for fear of being shitcanned.

Xephona
05-27-2010, 12:16 AM
:P Thanks for the replys, PMs sent to the two of you who I figured might be helpful with advice.

STANMAN
05-27-2010, 05:40 AM
while i am thankfully not in hr, as a supervisor i am involved in many of their reaponsibilities, especially the hiring/firing process.