PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Dog, care to help?

Firefighter Z
05-24-2010, 09:53 PM
My Fiance has been looking for a Dog(not puppy) ever since she had hers put down a few months ago due to age. She's been pretty much heart broken ever since.

She has been having her eye on Labs and Chows... (I personally want a Lab)
The last dog was a Chow/ Sheperd mix, so shes been keeping an eye out for that too.
She wants a basically trained dog, like her old dog was with UTD on shots. (I know you can find them at the Shelters)

We've tried Shelters, but they call my Landlord and the landlord tells them we can't have pets when it states so on my rental agreement i can , in which I bring in everytime but still will not allow me to adopt!

All the help would be great.:thumbsup

Prince Valiant
05-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Go to petfinder.com (http://www.petfinder.com/index.html) and look until your hearts content. It'll give pictures, history when known, temperament, pet/children compatibility, and let you select based on age, breed type, size, etc.

If you select chow, not only does it give you purebred chows, but chow mixes...of which shepherd is a fairly common mix (I think it's one of the few breeds with the guts enough to mix it up with a chow...)

Meg and I found Dudley on Petfinder and couldn't have been happier with the process. We selected an old dog because they often have a tough time placing them...but really, even though we KNOW he's not for this earth too much longer, we got a dog that really knows his place, very housebroken, etc...the only thing I'd change is his need to eat so damn early in the morning, but that's a result of a health issue that we were aware might be a problem getting him.

With duds my wife basically went out and found the homliest, funniest looking dog...he's always a hit wherever he goes:

http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad349/sweetroscoe/Dogs%20and%20Pet/downloads339.jpg

xxsn0blindxx
05-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Try Humane AnimalWelfare Society by the airport in Waukesha. My sister works there and they always have dogs going in and out of there. I think they all get shots and spayed/neutered. Not sure about the landlord no pets thing. Have you talked to your landlord about not telling the places that pets aren't allowed?

Firefighter Z
05-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Ya she's been looking on there but hasn't found anything . I don't know why so I can't explain. But I think shes looking for a dog thats protective of it's owner cause the neighbors let their dogs roam around here and is not to sure about the other dogs.

I found a few I like, but that gets shot down right away...

Thanks for the help btw.

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 10:47 PM
waukesha humane society has a bunch of older nice dogs. I saw a few labs, 1 rott, 2 lab/pitbull terriers and they are really nice to deal with.

PureSound15
05-24-2010, 11:30 PM
Couldn't you just give them the wrong number (your buddy or something) for the landlord?