PDA

View Full Version : I fucking HATE gm shit clutches/hydraulics!!

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 01:19 AM
not even 5k miles and ANOTHER slave or t/o bearing is dead....my pedal was really soft and not getting into gear and I thought it was the master in need of a rebuild. So I bust some knuckles and get the pos out to find that it wasnt bad at all and certainly not the cause of the issues I have been having so the only thing left was the bearing. I take the old out to look it over and then I remember why the last one had to be changed...cracked spring and busted plastic clip. fucking pos. I didnt even beat on this clutch setup this time around...new master, new clutch, pp, flywheel and slave cylinder/to bearing and still something goes wrong. :flipoff2::chair::mad::fire

letsrunem
05-24-2010, 02:31 AM
GM hydraulics are even worse in a Ford vehicle. Stalled autos ftw!

wrath
05-24-2010, 07:14 AM
I've never had a problem with GM OEM clutch parts but I've had plenty of problems with Autozone cheapies.

Every time I have a clutch out it gets a new throwout bearing...? I tend to buy Perfection stuff.

GTSLOW
05-24-2010, 07:56 AM
Oh I hear ya on this one. I haven't had any failures but god damnit. Fresh fluid in my clutch and I still get the occasional sticking pedal under WOT. I'd love to hang the guy that designed this setup with one of his clutch lines.

Josepy
05-24-2010, 09:12 AM
I am still on my original master and slave. 73k and still going.

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
I am still on my original master and slave. 73k and still going.

love the consistency:rolleyes:! I have lost track of how many slaves and masters this car has been through with only 80k miles and every time a new slave was put in it was always a GM part.

floaters
05-24-2010, 10:37 AM
love the consistency:rolleyes:! I have lost track of how many slaves and masters this car has been through with only 80k miles and every time a new slave was put in it was always a GM part.

yoo have you tried the mcloud master? when i had my fbodys i ran that with the stock slave on a pretty hard clutch with no issues. may be worth the extra hundred bux or so to pick that up?

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I have had 3 versions of their pieces of shit and the latest supposedly greatest version sucks donkey asshole! they cant get a bore polished right to save their lives which is why so many have seal failures and for the last several months they stopped making them. I have been on a list to get my new warranty replacement mc replaced again but they havent found a suitable manufacturer for the units(from what I was told by Billy) so they keep sending me rebuild kits every other month or so. Both Coop and Jeff at LMT have tried to hone out the cylinder but it was so badly scored and out of spec top begin with there isnt much that can be done and when I told them about it, they already knew!

lilws6
05-24-2010, 11:00 AM
i'm on muy original slave master as well. (73k) completly stock just has a ls2/ls7 clutch in it now tom put it in for me :)

floaters
05-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I have had 3 versions of their pieces of shit and the latest supposedly greatest version sucks donkey asshole! they cant get a bore polished right to save their lives which is why so many have seal failures and for the last several months they stopped making them. I have been on a list to get my new warranty replacement mc replaced again but they havent found a suitable manufacturer for the units(from what I was told by Billy) so they keep sending me rebuild kits every other month or so. Both Coop and Jeff at LMT have tried to hone out the cylinder but it was so badly scored and out of spec top begin with there isnt much that can be done and when I told them about it, they already knew!

well it may be time for a th400 then :goof

SSmike1
05-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Yoosof,
time to get a TICK installation?
Also, that Monster Clutch Stage 1 or 2,
with all the trimmings, Tick MC, Hydraulic line, SLave Cylinder,
and Clutch PP and Flywheel.

I think your Pressure Plates you are buying, must be too strong for the Hydraulics?

???

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-24-2010, 09:48 PM
lack of operating skill???????

or not?

nismodave
05-24-2010, 09:55 PM
greatest version sucks donkey asshole!

I LOLed.:rolf

Josepy
05-24-2010, 09:57 PM
Yoosof,
time to get a TICK installation?
Also, that Monster Clutch Stage 1 or 2,
with all the trimmings, Tick MC, Hydraulic line, SLave Cylinder,
and Clutch PP and Flywheel.

I think your Pressure Plates you are buying, must be too strong for the Hydraulics?

???

LOL yeah thats over grand worth of parts. Very nice stuff though. I have the monster stage 3 now.

Reverend Cooper
05-24-2010, 09:59 PM
Joe your stock hydrolics seem to work slicker that seal shit in a ice flowage.

Josepy
05-24-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm just lucky. Wonder when it is going to run out.

Reverend Cooper
05-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Run out? psshh on the T/AOTC not likely

wrencher
05-24-2010, 10:28 PM
If it's tearing up slave cylinders/throw out bearings somethings got to be up.
I have had a few cars over the years that where a pain & gave me fits.

More than one had a bellhousing issue. The bell was distorted & didn't line the trans up properly. Those usually blow slaves out or break the mounting plate on them.
Others had shim issues that caused all sorts of problems.
Kinda weird it's breaking the spring....

The design cant be blamed on GM though, it's a purchased patent from Tremec.
Ford was using it long ago before the LS1 cars.

wrath
05-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Are they actually GM parts, right from a GM dealership? Or is it a reman junker from Advance or a McLeod LOLcopter polished turd?

The biggest problem I've had is with the firewall bending (figured this out when it cracked from fatigue) causing a side load on the master, causing it to prematurely fail. But it was caused by a ridiculous clutch.

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 10:50 PM
Mike I am running a Spec stg 2 now with EVERYTHING was replaced with this new clutch and it still shit out. I talked to Billy at Mcleod and they sent me another rebuild kit and I am in line for their newest redesign master which from what I was told is a copy of the tick. So hopefully it works and save me the $350+ on a tick master. wrath nothing was from autozone, all new parts were either from GM, Spec or Mcleod.

Slow Joe
05-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I'll second GM Hydrolics sucking... The slave cyl went out on my '98 S-10 (5 years ago) with 50k on the clock...

SSmike1
05-25-2010, 12:27 PM
mee too, Lucky so far!
since the day i bought my 2000 SS Camaro,
i have been beating the living $hit out of it! Ask Tom BADLS1 or Nathaniel,
That car has MORE Shifting gears, and more miles on the race track,
than any 25 of the cars here on this BB added together!

I run the car at Time Trials events, for 2 Hours a day, for about 20 days a year, since 2001. 2hrs x 20days x 9 years, thats about 360 HOURS of Constant Red Line shifting, up & Down 7 to 14 times a lap!

my stock GM Hyraulics having been working fine!

McLeod MC, stock GM Line w/ drill mod, Stock Slave Cylinder, Stock LS6 clutch/PP/flywheel.

jusy a FYI, i have Stock Pressure Plates = not loading the Hydraulics as much as a Stronger PP.

I'm just lucky. Wonder when it is going to run out.

SSmike1
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
well, yoo, if ya need help, let me know.

I can change mine in my sleep now. My wife helped me get my Tranny back in!
wooo weee, that was treat! Nan would not come help me, Dork! :goof

Mike I am running a Spec stg 2 now with EVERYTHING was replaced with this new clutch and it still shit out. I talked to Billy at Mcleod and they sent me another rebuild kit and I am in line for their newest redesign master which from what I was told is a copy of the tick. So hopefully it works and save me the $350+ on a tick master. wrath nothing was from autozone, all new parts were either from GM, Spec or Mcleod.

lilws6
05-25-2010, 06:55 PM
mines sorta stock pressure plates lol there gm at least :)