PDA

View Full Version : Cant wait for the traffic reroute to be done...saw a horrible accident today too.

Yooformula
05-23-2010, 05:14 PM
Passed by an accident on the opposite side of the 94w today and was a bit puzzled by how a grown ass man could put his old ass lincoln backwards front side up in the air in a ditch with no rain, snow or ice..I was then glad that I didnt have to drive on that side with the rubber neckers until I had to drive back.

So driving back I thought the wreck would be gone but the traffic was so bad I thought maybe not. I get up to where the old fucker was and his car was now out of the ditch but nobody there....1/4 miles up the road, a honda wagon is approx 15' up the embankment after clearing the ditch. I thought it stupid that these 2 young kids were standing there and thought nice job assholes and I proceeded to take a pic while waiting for traffic to move until I saw the rest of it, about 1/8mile later...2 minivans. 1 on its side after rolling SEVERAL times and another front end down in the ditch with the roof crushed, the side smashed in and all windows broken. A single trooper was there setting up road blocks but it was horrible to see. Thank God nobody appeared seriously hurt but there was debris everywhere! By debris I mean, kids toys, car seat, clothes, ball and various other child related items. I snapped a pic as I passed by but wish I hadnt, that image was bad thinking about what could have been. From the looks of it, the 2 douche kids were speeding and clipped the 2 vans trying to merge over causing them to both roll. Fucking people...

Lash
05-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Yoo = rubber necking picture taker

03CVLX
05-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Wait about 10 days to 2 weeks and go on the county sheriff website. You should be able to pull up the full accident report showing how it all played out. Sounds like a really bad one. Same with MPD now, you can pull accident reports by date. Don't need a name, case number or anything. I honestly didn't realize just anyone could get these reports so easily.

HITMAN
05-23-2010, 05:50 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for this shit to be done. According to what I heard on the news the total time for this project is.... 8 FUCKING YEARS!:flipoff2: to the state for not pushing these road building assholes for a more realistic completion date.

Lash
05-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Don't hold your breath waiting for this shit to be done. According to what I heard on the news the total time for this project is.... 8 FUCKING YEARS!:flipoff2: to the state for not pushing these road building assholes for a more realistic completion date.

Would you rather have the interchanges shut down completely? Thats what it would take. It's crazy enough that those guys have to work 5' from people driving 75 mph while texting with just a concrete block between them.

And...
It's not going to be 8 SOLID years of the type of construction that is currently going on.

Doc Brown
05-23-2010, 06:37 PM
If the recent zoo interchange deterioration has taught us anything, it's that road crews can work hella-fast and build new bridges in a week if they have to/want to.

8 years seems like a really long time for these projects, but when you combine the fact that most workers are paid hourly along with the fact that I still see 5 guys standing around while only one is working, these guys really have very little incentive to bust their ass to get done.

Unfortunately, only when these projects have dragged on for long enough and enough accidents have occurred in these constructions zones (or re-routes) because people are fed up with them will the public and media outrage level be sufficient for elected officials to step up and call for an expedient end to the road construction madness.

IcePickFreak
05-23-2010, 07:04 PM
8 years sounds about just right so they can start over resurfacing it since the road will turn to shit in 4 years.

BigSnailBuick
05-23-2010, 07:53 PM
I was in that stopped traffic for 45min!!! I actually shut my bike off and just foot pedaled for 3miles. That was the longest jam ive been in in a long ass time:chair:

Yooformula
05-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Yoo = rubber necking picture taker

WHOA! I've been called alot of nasty stuff but do NOT call me a rubber necker!:goof I had no place to go and I never took my eye off the road otherwise it would have been a good shot of the accident. I took a blind:chair:shot and got the van on its side and the bigger carnage was on the other side. Either way, hope nobody was seriously hurt.

GTSLOW
05-23-2010, 08:42 PM
I had to driv thru today going to Madison. I hope to god that no one is going the opposite way on I94 that shit it a fucking mess!

Lash
05-23-2010, 09:16 PM
I had to driv thru today going to Madison. I hope to god that no one is going the opposite way on I94 that shit it a fucking mess!

I'm sure Automotion didn't help things...lol. I saw a lot of cool looking cars sitting in the zoo interchange 'parking lot' @ around 4:00p.m. today.

Lash
05-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Honestly,

I think people should be more pissed at the fact that Wisconsin hired an Illinois based company do do the road work from the Mitchel all the way to Ill. Apparently the Wisconsin based company was too expensive even if it could have made some longer term temporary employment opportunities for Wi. people.

95mustang302
05-23-2010, 10:08 PM
i saw that accident too, and I couldn't believe how west bound traffic came to almost a halt for just that 500 feet and then left. I wish people wouldn't have to look at that crap all the time...

Russ Jerome
05-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Accident are good, weed out the weak and retarded ones.

I hate my job because they make everyone use jack stands and wheel chocks, I say make all that stuff optional and let god sort them out. Stupid people should die, dont want them reproducing with my kids.

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 12:44 AM
In this case, its my opinion that the guys driving the honda caused this accident. in the 2nd pic, there is another overturned van directly in front of the one on its side which btw rolled several times as the upside and roof sides were all caved in!

lilws6
05-24-2010, 10:13 AM
two different wipers on your tahoe? back to thread that does look bad i never understand why its so hard to drive these days i've never had a problem and i've done some stuid stuff in my days. only ditched my blazer once but it was snowing real bad sooo.. don't have any idea what there excuse is.

Yooformula
05-24-2010, 10:20 AM
lol. the winter blade cleaned better than the michelin blade on that side so I left it in. Dumbasses driving too fast and not paying attention to merging roadways and trying to cut people off is why the douchecanoes hit the vans and ditched their pos. The 2 idiots would have been dead or in the process of if they had just put my family upside down.