PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Go To the Wilmot Circle Track Races?

Smokey1226
05-23-2010, 09:15 AM
They got a race tonight and want me to bring our stuff down tonight. Just kinda dont know what to expect. Ive heard great things and was hoping to run into other friends there.

anyone?

GTSLOW
05-23-2010, 10:29 AM
http://www.wilmotraceway.com/

Smokey1226
05-23-2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.wilmotraceway.com/
i knew that much! But turns out i got all worked up and nervous for no reason. Those racers were a super great group of guys and the racing itself was awesome. But the Sprint cars up close was simply amazing. Ive been next to some of the baddest cars out there on the line at the strip....but this was a step above that! Unbelieveable stuff :thumbsup

awsomeears
05-23-2010, 10:18 PM
i knew that much! But turns out i got all worked up and nervous for no reason. Those racers were a super great group of guys and the racing itself was awesome. But the Sprint cars up close was simply amazing. Ive been next to some of the baddest cars out there on the line at the strip....but this was a step above that! Unbelieveable stuff :thumbsup

Those 410 cars fucking haul ass.........

Allot of people don't realize the gearing in those is so tight, the power is put to the ground immediately. If the track is nice those cars will do some power wheelies :headbang

Ive never been to Wilmont and its funny Chad you made a post about it, I created one a week or so ago asking if anyone goes there.

I'm definitely going this year.....

I can't think of any other type of racing that takes more skill then Sprint Cars, 3 or 4 wide going around turns probably in the high 70's and not even bumping each other is just awesome. Definitely a sport that everyone should attend at least once just to see ......

Smokey1226
05-23-2010, 10:30 PM
The nice thing about the wilmot racing is theyhave races just about every week. And its only $25 to get into the pits (i had my trailer) or like $5-$10 for the grand stands.

And hell ya about the power wheelies, out of the corners still drifting sideways they would pull the front tires almost half way down the straights!!! There was quite a few wrecks, but because of the design of the cars with the huge top wings, every driver walked away without a scratch! Simply amazing.

And i agree, dont get me wrong im a drag race guy at heart.....but to watch these guys have to not only worry about going fast, but side by side, the track surface is different in every corner, and picking the right time to throw the car sideways!
unbelieveable! We'll be back probably in 2 weekends

awsomeears
05-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm assuming you bring down your race gas stuff right ?

Let me know when you go, I'd meet you down there.......

Smokey1226
05-24-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm assuming you bring down your race gas stuff right ?

Let me know when you go, I'd meet you down there.......
yup, they wanted us down there. I will for sure, i ran into a bunch of old friends and customers that i never got to meet untill they seen the trailer! It was a lot of fun!