PDA

View Full Version : TorqueFlite TF-727 / A-727 Transmission Parts and Information Needed

twicks69
05-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey guys, I am looking for a couple of parts for a project of mine.

I am in need of a TorqueFlite 727 output shaft -- post 1968 is preferred.

As well, what is the differences between the early and late versions of the output shaft (1966-1975 vs. 1976-1995)

Which one is better? I am in need of the long version.

I am going to be machining the output shaft down, so I don't need an aftermarket output shaft.

I do NEED an extra-heavy-duty driveshaft slip yoke that can mate to the Torqueflite 727 output shaft.

I also need the output shaft bushing and Torqueflite 727 output shaft seal.

I currently am looking at: http://www.tsr-racing.com/shop/chrysler/A-727pricelist.php for information and pricing.

If you guys have any information as to where to get the best pricing on the OEM parts, as well as where to find the upgraded slip yoke, all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Russ Jerome
05-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I've got a colosal mess in moving but have lots of 904/998/999/727 parts to dig thru, should know about tailhousing sat eve or sunday, Im available all day Sunday off Greenfeild and 894.

Built my own one-off hybrid not long ago so should be able to offer some advise (not necassarily right!). Have ATSG books for you to look thru to Tim.

twicks69
05-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Sounds good Russ, PM me your number and I will give a call and stop on by.

I am actually making an upgraded transfer case for my Eclipse, and the 1 1/8" 29-spline output shaft is a nice piece that can be machined down to be frankensteined into the existing Mitsu stuff.