PDA

View Full Version : On our way to Sarasota, Florida on Saturday

pOrk
05-20-2010, 07:00 PM
to get married, for those of you that know me its a long time coming. Due to some unfortunate circumstances, Lisa and I are getting married on our own without family.

Anyways, we are looking for ideas on some fun things to do while we are there to stay cool. Its been 95 ish degrees down there the last few days, and humid ofcourse.

Anyways, we are going to do disney one day, rent a water ski for another, and have a few days open to do other things. We've been to Sarasota once a year for the last few years, and I've been there a bit more so we've done a lot of the normal stuff. Any suggestions? Wish us luck, we need it as nothing as gone right thus far.

Also, looking for a BCM photographer to come to our wedding reception to shoot on June 19th. If anyone is available, shoot me a pm with a price and I'll let you know if I can afford you. Its from 5-10 pm downtown Milwaukee.

michelle
05-20-2010, 07:32 PM
Bummer about the family, but know how you feel! Psycho mother-in-law that I am very thankful is no longer in our lives after all the crap she pulled.

Not sure on what to do in FL, but I hope you two have a wonderful time and things go smoothly for your trip.

URLOZIN
05-20-2010, 07:45 PM
I've been to the Sarasota, Northport, Venice Beach area when I was younger. Definately check out Venice beach. It's a very nice beach, and You can find a lot of sharks teeth. My parents, brother, and I found well over 200 in two afternoons. It was an awesome time for us kids. I remember it like it was yesterday.

CATNHAT
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Our condo is on Sanibel, I could see if it is rented and you could hang there for a day or two?

Lido, Siesta Key, Longboat are close by and have some of the worlds best beaches.

Otherwise, go to Key West and party!

Can I use your bike while your gone?

Cryptic
05-21-2010, 10:32 AM
I think I picked up my white (now blue) RX7 from Sarasota...

Anyways, Congrats!!

nismodave
05-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Congrats Pork!!!

Maybe go here? http://sarasotakennelclub.com/

or here
http://www.desotosuperspeedway.com/ or here http://www.bradentonmotorsports.com/

Have fun!!

Prince Valiant
05-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Busch Gardens is always a good time...but like disney, expensive.

One surprisingly fun thing to do that's not that expensive (20 bucks for 2?) is the "Big Cat Rescue" up in Tampa...it's like a 1 hour tour, but you see and learn a lot...and hear some great big cat stories. You usually feel like you did a good deed going there that day supporting them too. http://www.bigcatrescue.org/

I used to like Kayaking at Fort Desoto (across tamper bay)...there's some inexpensive kayak/canoe rentals down that way...plus there's some good walking along the way too.

I usually eat myself sick on local bbq there...that's always a good time. Fred Flemming's is a local favorite on the weekends with their smoked corned beef special w/ honey mustard bbq sauce, lol. Again, my wife wasn't into that either....

b4mytm
05-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Congratulations to you and Lisa! Sorry about the family problems. :( We are really very happy for you both!!

Yooformula
05-21-2010, 05:12 PM
congrats!

2006wrxtr
05-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Sarasota is great. A bit south of there is Siesta Key Beach. When I was 19 took the bus from Milwaukee to Atlanta, hitch hiked form there to the Sarasoata area. Slept a Siesta Key Bch for a week. At that time it was rated one of the top 10 beaches in the world.
I hitched from there to Key West, Back up to Miami Bch. Got a job and stayed down there for 2 yrs. Boy it was nice to be young and have only myself to be worried about..

pOrk
05-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Siesta Key is awesome, as are all of the keys. The horse track is less then 2 miles from where we are staying. The big cat thing looks great, def. going to check it out!

Wish us luck, everything is falling apart but we are trooping it through

Prince Valiant
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Well, best to the both of you...you've always seem to make the most of what you've got, and you'll have a lot in each other. Family might not be going down or helping, but hey, you'll have a new family coming out of it.

The big cat rescue is nice because it virtually completely shaded by old oak trees loaded with spanish moss, so it is a bit "cooler" than the typical FL environment out in the sun, which also makes it feel less humid. When you first get there your first thought will be "this can't be it...." as it's unimpressive looking to begin. But once you're done with the tour, you'll feel as if you've got to visit every trip down...

enjoy yourselves and congrats!

lilws6
05-22-2010, 07:51 AM
go pick up my driveshaft while your down there lol

Holeshot
05-22-2010, 07:58 AM
Congratulations. Sometimes its better with out family involved. They fight and make demands even after you die.

lordairgtar
05-22-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't know how expensive it is, but maybe a fishing boat hiring to go fishing for big fish in the gulf.

Russ Jerome
05-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Just read this! Cool, must have talked to you just before leaving the other day!

Dont suppose Lisa wants to know about all the cool snakes in local parks there, Eastern Diamondbacks and Coral snakes everywhere thru that area!

lordairgtar
05-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Just read this! Cool, must have talked to you just before leaving the other day!

Dont suppose Lisa wants to know about all the cool snakes in local parks there, Eastern Diamondbacks and Coral snakes everywhere thru that area!
...and 'gators!!

GTSLOW
05-22-2010, 10:37 AM
Wholy shit eric congrats man!!!

pOrk
05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
thanks guys finallymade it u tof atl this morning, onboard wifi works great and is free via tmobile for somereason. Will be in sarasota by noon hopefully

GTSLOW
05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Good luck man! :D