PDA

View Full Version : landscaping questions. for the shed.

0TransAm0
05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
OK so basically i plan on putting some kind of border on the 2 sides and on the front corners of the shed probably about 3 feet out from the sides and kinda bubble out a little on the corners. add in some smaller dwarf bushes rose bushes and whatever i decide to make it look nice.
My main question is about the ramp i want to make. not really a question i guess but i need idea's and im more of a visual person so if you have any or can find any pictures that would be great!

i have a 6" lip on the front of the shed. and want the ramp to be 64" wide, extending about 4 feet out from the shed should be good. to about a 1/2 lip from the ground. i want some kind of "edge"...

so i was thinking about the edging stones(trench it out to get the look,angle i want) and then just fill the center with gravel or mulch.
or get the bigger paver style bricks and start away from the shed working towards the shed so its like mini "steps" so to say...

OR if you have an idea post it up!!

im not really sure what would look good but i also don't want to spend over $100 on this ramp.. the rest of the landscaping around the shed will be done AFTER the ramp as i need this to get my lawn tractor in and out. wood ramps suck and look like shit i want a nicer more PERMENENT type ramp..

pics of shed can be found here to get an idea of what im talking about..

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46330