PDA

View Full Version : Headed to GLD tonight 5/18

Crawlin
05-18-2010, 07:15 AM
just in case anyone else is down there. black ImpSS w/ the busa on the back

Chris

wheelsofsteel
05-18-2010, 08:08 AM
Tuesdays are street tire nights. Not sure that there will be any big hp cars there. Might be a nice night for you to get a bunch of runs in if not alot of people are there.

WickedSix
05-18-2010, 09:01 AM
kinda wish the bike had a working battery..... and i had a snell approved helmet..... I'm wonderin what the big twin can muster in the quarter

Josepy
05-18-2010, 09:23 AM
If i can run the busa I will come.

Crawlin
05-18-2010, 09:45 AM
hahaha, that's ok Joe. I'd prefer to make sure I know how to run the busa, haha.

that's what i'm hoping for brad. because it's the street tire night that it's less crowded. I know i'm going back on thursday with some of the guys i race with in the class since i think that's slick and bike night.

Josepy
05-18-2010, 10:02 AM
dammit i want to get on another bike. lol

scaleracer
05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
hahaha, that's ok Joe. I'd prefer to make sure I know how to run the busa, haha.

that's what i'm hoping for brad. because it's the street tire night that it's less crowded. I know i'm going back on thursday with some of the guys i race with in the class since i think that's slick and bike night.

Thursday is is now the rain date for last Thursday's RSD..

Crawlin
05-18-2010, 12:59 PM
even better

Beagle
05-18-2010, 05:02 PM
Its also ladies night and usually not alot happens there. You'll get plenty of runs in.

Crawlin
05-18-2010, 08:04 PM
waste of time. plenty of runs aborted for sure.

I don't understand how a DRAGSTRIP even with NO prep can be WORSE than a city street with oil and residue left on it. SERIOUSLY!

I was warned, and should have listened to that warning. Will not be going back on Tuesdays. I swear the thing was still spinning at the 1/8 when it did the 2-3 shift

scaleracer
05-18-2010, 11:36 PM
Its also ladies night and usually not alot happens there. You'll get plenty of runs in.
I'm pretty sure they moved that to Wednsday nights.

waste of time. plenty of runs aborted for sure.

I don't understand how a DRAGSTRIP even with NO prep can be WORSE than a city street with oil and residue left on it. SERIOUSLY!

I was warned, and should have listened to that warning. Will not be going back on Tuesdays. I swear the thing was still spinning at the 1/8 when it did the 2-3 shift
Yeah I agree the Mustang and Tbird hook better on the street than they did tonight. It sounded like whenever you were into it, it just spun. Alot of people were having traction problems tonight.

GTSLOW
05-18-2010, 11:44 PM

So there should be alot of subies there? :goof

Beagle
05-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Nah mostly Stock evo's haha

1997 Trans-Am
05-19-2010, 06:44 AM
GLD is always like that. It doesnt matter what day it is, its always terrible as far as track prep goes.

Crawlin
05-19-2010, 06:47 AM
I've had alot of good experiences on the MidwestMustangAssociation days when I would go with them.

True Street race are always hooking,

RSD nights are especially hooking.

The old black camaro went 1.39 60' on a weekend test and tune. So it will hook sometimes, but DAMN last night sucked.

Scaleracer, it looked like you guys were having fun though! So that's a good thing. I just got so frustrated I packed up and left.

scaleracer
05-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I've had alot of good experiences on the MidwestMustangAssociation days when I would go with them.

True Street race are always hooking,

RSD nights are especially hooking.

The old black camaro went 1.39 60' on a weekend test and tune. So it will hook sometimes, but DAMN last night sucked.

Scaleracer, it looked like you guys were having fun though! So that's a good thing. I just got so frustrated I packed up and left.

Yeah I agree they have some good and bad days like every other track but our car is slow and still spun.. It was fun and my first time officially down the track but neither car ran/hooked well. Yeah I looked over and noticed you were gone I figured that was the reason and I don't blame you lol!