PDA

View Full Version : Thank you New Berlin PD

OxmanWI
05-17-2010, 06:40 PM
I got pulled over near Moorland and Cleveland for doing 57 in a 40 with a warning! Lucky! I guess my super fast Cobalt LS doesn't like to be tamed. Would have been a easy $300 ticket if not more. Feels like I won a $500 lottery ticket, I need to get some beers. :thumbsup

Karps TA
05-17-2010, 06:42 PM
I've had good luck always with NB Police. They've always been pretty lenient with me.

I remember way way back in high school a NB cop trying to race me at the stop light on Moorland and National. He kept reving the engine at me when I was in my Cutlass coming home from work. He even chirped the tires at green and gave me a thumbs up when I laughed at him while shaking me head no way.

VroomPshhTsi
05-17-2010, 06:59 PM
x2, NB police is cool beans

OxmanWI
05-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Yea he was pretty cool, he might have been in a good mood or getting off shift, IDK. Ether way I was respectful to him with "Officer" and "Yes sir" along with the license ready and showing him where my hands where at, that always helps I guess.

PureSound15
05-17-2010, 08:08 PM
Wow! Not at all the experience I've had/heard of with NBPD.

pnad
05-17-2010, 09:31 PM
Muskego cop let me off on a 50 in a 35 a few weeks ago. This continues my 6 year record of no tickets in the Talon. I get pulled over at least twice a year with only warnings.

They usually compliment the car, comment on the loud exhaust and tell me to slow it down.

brotherbenn83
05-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Wow! Not at all the experience I've had/heard of with NBPD.

+2...for my two "non-warning" run-ins with the NBPD.

PB86MCSS
05-17-2010, 11:10 PM
My only run in with NB PD was a crappy one, a few years back. I posted here about it too...they, like Muskego, will often tail people and get up behind them to follow late at night which is annoying in itself.

My situation was dropping a friend off after softball one night, apparently his apartment complex off Moorland (north of National, forget the name) must of had some recent car break ins. So I get pulled over right after dropping him off and basically accused of being the theif.... "So we won't have any break-ins tonight will we?" is the line I was given. I would of loved to say my peice or call in to complain about how I was treated but I knew better. I guess driving a Monte and looking kind of W/T in my softball stuff helped them profile me as a thug or hoodlum(?) :rolleyes: . /rant

This is coming from someone who has had family members as officers (including my father) and friends who are current ones and works very close with a department, so there isn't any anti-cop bias here :) .

But hey, glad you got a warning. I know most officers are good guys, but there are some d-bags too just like any line of work.

Cryptic
05-17-2010, 11:42 PM
I'd rather run into a New Berlin officer way before a West Allis or Muskego one.

My single NBPD experience (and I live in New Berlin) was a slight rolling stop and then getting on it pretty good in my Grand Prix GTX.

He asked if this was my car. I said "yes sir, just got it". He told me to slow it down.
Yeah I felt like a won the lottery and it did slow me down. Last thing I wanted was a ticket with a new car.

VroomPshhTsi
05-18-2010, 01:03 AM
I'd rather run into a New Berlin officer way before a West Allis or Muskego one.

So true. NBPD > WAPD x100

Karps TA
05-18-2010, 06:49 AM
Muskego police have been amazing to me. They've ignored plenty of stupid things I've done. Last Oct/Nov time frame I took the car out to try a different tune in it. Car ran like dog crap and I was kinda ticked off about it. I was on the corner of Janesville and Racine ave, turning North on Racine towards my house, which is like 2 blocks down. There was a truck next to me so I couldn't see the cars on the south side of the street. I make the turn rather aggressively. As in tires spinning and ass end sideways. The I got out of it. I'm driving forward and noticing cars all pulling over to the side. Look in my rear view mirror and sure enough, Rollers. I just turn onto my road and pull into my driveway. The cop comes and pulls in. I was out of the car already and just put my hands out and said "I'm an idiot". Cop laughed, said "don't worry I'm not giving you a ticket. But you did it right in front of me, I had to do something" Then he asked me a bunch of questions on the car and told me the thing sounded awesome.

Waukesha is the only police that I've had issues with. 25mph, means 25 there.

EvolvedRegal
05-18-2010, 06:58 AM
NBPD blows.

Once I get enough time at work today Ill have my story wich lasted over 6 months to get a ticket dropped since I was driving 1 of the first Evos in the area and they had no idea what it was...

More to come later.

Rocket Power
05-18-2010, 08:41 AM
This is coming from someone who has had family members as officers (including my father) and friends who are current ones and works very close with a department, so there isn't any anti-cop bias here :) .

Whatever cop hater:goof J/K

I have never had problems in the 20+ years I've been driving, I've gotten breaks and I've gotten tickets. When I've gotten tickets, I deserved them. I got my first ticket in New Berlin when I was 17, and got my ass chewed out by the judge in court:rolf

Rocket Power
05-18-2010, 08:46 AM
NBPD blows.

Once I get enough time at work today Ill have my story wich lasted over 6 months to get a ticket dropped since I was driving 1 of the first Evos in the area and they had no idea what it was...

More to come later.
You got a ticket for driving an Evo? Those Bastards:rolf
I drove 1 of the first ones in the country when we tested (crashed) them for Mitsu, before they sold them here, at my last job. I liked the car, not in my budget though:goof

EvolvedRegal
05-18-2010, 09:34 AM
It all had to do with the wing, spoiler whatever you want to call it.

I got a ticket for imparment of rearward vision although I had the rear mirror and 2 side mirrors. I literally had the car for 3 days when it happened and tried to show the cop the original window sticker but he said he didn't need to.

I had to get MMCA involved with the ticket and have a show of proof that the wing was DOT legal to the judge my 3rd visit to court. In the end it all got dropped, nothing went on my license. All I wanted is to prove the officer wrong...and I did.

Mind you I have all the respect in the world for police since my family is full of them, but sometimes theres the a-hole out there.

British_Ben
05-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I have never had luck with any police officers. Every time I get pulled over, I get a ticket (and I usually deserve it). I'm respectful and keep my hands in plain view, every time. I think the issue is that I got my first ticket 2 months after I got my license. Every time I get pulled over they see at least one old ticket on my record and decide that I haven't learned my lesson yet.

Although, this July will be one full year since I've been pulled over. *knocks on wood*

1997 Trans-Am
05-18-2010, 06:20 PM
never had any issues with Muskego PD. Got pulled over once for no front plate but thats it. To me, they seem more laid back compared to other departments.

PB86MCSS
05-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Whatever cop hater:goof J/K

I have never had problems in the 20+ years I've been driving, I've gotten breaks and I've gotten tickets. When I've gotten tickets, I deserved them. I got my first ticket in New Berlin when I was 17, and got my ass chewed out by the judge in court:rolf

Any ticket I've had I deserve, if/when I get pulled over I understand it. I don't play the why me game and want to hire a lawyer but rather own up to what I do. Always polite and honest, I won't pretend I didn't know I don't have a front plate/speeding/not wearing a seatbelt. Just the NB incident and once an unmarked (which I knew was a squad) pulled me over for doing 6-8 over on Forest Home on my way to work maybe 6-7 years ago. He flashed the lights after passing me up, I could of slowed down but decided not to since I wasn't even at 10 over and he gave me a little attitude after pulling me over, with a warning. :durr I could of played nice and slowed but I think the officer was at least as much of a beyotch as I was.

I was born and raised in Muskego, lived there until I was right about 25 then New Berlin for 2 years then almost 3 now in Stallis and still often driving through/in Muskego/NB so my personal assessment of each isn't too far fetched, IMO of course. :)

jakedrew
05-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Yea he was pretty cool, he might have been in a good mood or getting off shift, IDK. Ether way I was respectful to him with "Officer" and "Yes sir" along with the license ready and showing him where my hands where at, that always helps I guess.

that is the truth.

jakedrew
05-18-2010, 07:39 PM
Forgot to add. I grew up in new berlin and when i got into cars/ driving. The cops would follow me alot. I used to live near the VFW/ calhoun park. But never had a run in with them.