PDA

View Full Version : She's alive!!!

Scales
06-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Well after a lot of sitting, and a lot of working, I finally got a vid of my car with the new parts. It still needs to be tuned, and I'm still trying to track down those pesky oil leaks, so this is the best way to show it off since no one will be able to see it for a while... It's running REALLY rich as you'll see in the vid. Hopefully, the tuning will take care of all of that!!! Enjoy.. Dial-up beware!! (13 Mb)

p.s... the first part of the vid, the exhaust cutout is open, then you can hear it close, the it opens again for pretty much open headers!! :D

My "new" toy (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/~scales/Car%20Photos%20095.mpg)

Brian98GTP
06-20-2004, 08:52 PM
Cool!! :thumbsup

Whatch y'all got in there??

Scales
06-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Thanks!! :thumbsup I guess the easiest way to put it would be a heads, cam, intake swap.. If you wanna see the pics or details, you can see all that here (http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4235) ...

SlowStee
06-20-2004, 09:01 PM
thats quite the sic idle! :thumbsup

BAD LS1
06-20-2004, 09:09 PM
See thats how a v8 is supposed to sound!! :shades

Why the hell does my 2 out the left have to be so qiet at idle for me :yawn:

It only sounds that good with open headers.

Scales
06-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Wow!! Thanks guys!! I can only get the cutout about 98% closed because of the way it mounts on the phlange, but even then, it's a lot louder then I excpeted!!!

Drcut96
06-21-2004, 12:34 AM
You suck a fat one! I wish my car would run so i could show it off and drive it. Instead it just backfires like i am shooting off guns! We will race one of these days Becky! :banana

Scales
06-21-2004, 05:36 AM
You suck a fat one! I wish my car would run so i could show it off and drive it. Instead it just backfires like i am shooting off guns! We will race one of these days Becky! :banana

Unless you're sponsering a dust colectors race, I think I might have a leg up on ya... My car has seen the road this century.... :punch: :guns1 :rolf

SMS 1
06-21-2004, 10:25 PM
Fockin sweet man :rockwoot:

This might make me sound like an old fogey but I kinda like the tone through the muffs a little better :sleep

Oh well sweet ass idle either way, good to hear her runnin again!

Scales
06-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanx Ben. I agree, the tone through the Borla sounds awesome, but I had to drive it wide open the whole way home!!!! :rockwoot: