PDA

View Full Version : Saw a cool car today

Rocket Power
06-19-2004, 08:46 PM
It was a green 67-8 fastback mustang. At first I thought it was just a nice older stang. But the I noticed the Torque Thruts looked a little large. Hmm must be like 17's look a little closer and it's got Baer disc brakes all around on it with the front discs the size of a large pizza :goof
Very nice looking, wish I would had a camera with

Journier
07-26-2004, 10:36 PM
yea alot of people are doing that now, they are replacing the old drum brakes with 4 wheel disc brakes, etc, alot of people now are making the old cars handle extremely well, some better than new cars out now.

its all about how much more money you want to drop into a fairly expensive classic car :) drop $1500 more into the suspension and handling of the older cars and you would be amazed at the difference in technology from then to now :)

the old boys had the great acceleration on our old crappy ass tires back in the day, confuses alot of people now thinking "wow i bet that huge engine pulled like 9's all day long back in the day!" but then they see the numbers for the cars back in the day and its like.... wtf? thats all the rubber.

with just the latest rubber on these cars they handle alot better and accelerate better and stop better :)

i have yet to change any of my brakes on any of my older cars from drum brakes to disc brakes.

i really dont notice the difference :)