PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth?

Dasred
05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
I know I'm still pretty new around here, I was hopping to change that and become more active this summer, but that may not happen now.

My Stepfather Don died today and my Grandfather is in hospice care, with maybe a week or two left. When they're both gone it leaves my Mother and Grandmother up in Northern Wisconsin (Amberg) with no other family closer than 3 hours away to help them. My girlfriend and I are contemplating moving there and looking at our options.

One option to buy me some time to find a job and get settled would be to sell the Impala.
Kelly Blue Book has it at about $9,000 I figure, and I've got over $5000 in modifications.

2006 Impala LT 3.9L / 85,000mi
with the following Modifications:

Exhaust
. Magnaflow Dual Catback
Suspension
. Eibach Lowering Springs
. OEM Motor Mount Bushing Rotation
. Strut Tower Braces
Brakes
. R1 Concepts Drilled / Slotted Rotors
Exterior
. MPD Hood
. Oznium Inferno Lighting Kit (flowlighting)
. PIAA 4000k lows and fogs
. Razzi Ground Effects Kit
Audio
. 2x Infinity 10" subs
. Fast and Furious Amp
Rims & Tires
. 18" Diamo 29 Karat W/ Black
. BF Goodrich G-Force T/A
Security
. Python 881 XP Alarm / Remote Starter
. RMR-C430 Radar/laser detector/scrambler
. 2x Blazer Dual Tone Air Horns

What do you think it's worth?
I'd like to get $12k, but that might be a bit high.
The Craigslist posts will crazy-high prices tend to get ripped apart on this forum and I trying not to go stupid expensive, but I don't want to look desperate and get taken advantage of due to my situation.
Thanks for any replies.

Russ Jerome
05-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear why you may have to sell a car you obviously like. Unfortunatly a cosmeticaly modified mint car is worth less than a bone stock one of the same condition...sad but true when it comes to looks unless you find another person who plans on doing the exact same mods. Mechanical mods even hurt values, hard to sell a car with an underdrive pulley, header and special tune as being "never raced".

Hopefully you find a person with similar taste, I would post high quality pics and offer the price up front so they view the ad open mindedly, dont save your asking price till after they read and see the vehicle (as with any used vehicle sale). Hope all goes well.

BoosTT
05-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Depends how quick you need to sell it

Prince Valiant
05-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Basically be hopeful for bluebook value...even a non-modded car would probably have a hard time getting the blue book on it, so perhaps the mods will help someone steer toward your car since it'll look different from the typical impala...and by keeping it at bluebook, a bank is likely to underwrite a loan for your car....making it affordable to more people.

Nix
05-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Would you be selling it just for the cash or would you be selling it for the money and to buy another car?

Maybe trade it for another vehicle you need and have the person throw some cash in on top? Im sure this dosen't help you any but either way sorry for your families hardships and good luck to you and your loved ones.

domokun
05-12-2010, 08:03 PM
mods never add value. you will be lucky to get 8-9

TheRX7Project
05-13-2010, 05:59 AM
Mods almost always remove value. Unless the car is an award winning show car or a full on race car, you'll never get money for a modded car.

Yooformula
05-13-2010, 07:37 AM
sorry to hear about the losses in your family.

maybe try a few regional import/tuner sites in addition to craigslist and make sure you get some really good pics! In know in person, that car is super clean and looks damm nice but as stated dont plan on getting $$ for mods. You might even want to part out what you can and recoup cash that way.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-13-2010, 07:50 AM
sorry to hear about the losses in your family.

maybe try a few regional import/tuner sites in addition to craigslist and make sure you get some really good pics! In know in person, that car is super clean and looks damm nice but as stated dont plan on getting $$ for mods. You might even want to part out what you can and recoup cash that way.

Best bet to get the most out of it.