PDA

View Full Version : Solid Gold - Wednesday Nights

PureSound15
05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Just so that everyone is aware -

Wednesday nights at Solid Gold McDonald's are now open to every year, make and model.

Of course they've only got so much room, so they would like to see customized/modified cars rather than a bone stock car - but I think it's pretty neat that they're doing that.

This isn't a rumor - I just received a phone call from an organizer of that show that mentioned they saw our "reviews" of that show, and they'd like to make it work for all of us.

Keep this thread clean. We all know that we've had a lot of trouble finding a "hangout" in past years, so let's take advantage of someone welcoming us over there.

nismodave
05-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Cool! Thats good news!

Yooformula
05-08-2010, 02:42 PM
wow bout time only took how many years! Are they desperate to fill the lot on wed or what?

Doc Brown
05-08-2010, 02:47 PM
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, I think this has less to do with our (BCM's) discontent towards the past exclusionary/elitist nature of their past events and more to do with the revenue the Solid Gold McDonalds will be losing to Gus' Mexican Cantina over time.

Firefighter Z
05-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Was the organizers name Debby?

PureSound15
05-08-2010, 03:15 PM
^^ No, sir. Captain Bob from Hot Rot Radio called, he know each other after Yoosof's show last year.

And yes, I'm sure they're just trying to stay busy - but who isn't?

Todd Z
05-08-2010, 04:05 PM
last Wednesday Gus' was PACKED and McDonalds was empty. Don't need to state the obvious.

Firefighter Z
05-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Well if SG is being desserted and Gus's is getting filled... Maybe BCM should maybe jump on this with sorta event? I don't know... Just a thought

lordairgtar
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I am pleased to see the change. As "resident artist", I like this. Let's see some good cars out at Solid Gold in the following weeks. You can apply for feature car by telling SG why you are "Lovin' Your Car", and you could be pick for feature.

Deggy
05-08-2010, 05:08 PM
I worked at Solid Gold McDonalds when I was 16-19 and the car shows to me got lame after seeing the same cars week after week. It was more of just an old school meet than a car show. This is a much needed change.

Car Geek
05-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Just so that everyone is aware -

Wednesday nights at Solid Gold McDonald's are now open to every year, make and model.

Of course they've only got so much room, so they would like to see customized/modified cars rather than a bone stock car - but I think it's pretty neat that they're doing that.

This isn't a rumor - I just received a phone call from an organizer of that show that mentioned they saw our "reviews" of that show, and they'd like to make it work for all of us.

Keep this thread clean. We all know that we've had a lot of trouble finding a "hangout" in past years, so let's take advantage of someone welcoming us over there.

Car Geek
05-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Newer cars were parked at Gus's the first night. My buddy and I stopped in and he had a 2007 Mustang. They didn't hesitate to let us in. Lots and lots of cool cars and a friendly place to go.

PureSound15
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Newer cars were parked at Gus's the first night. My buddy and I stopped in and he had a 2007 Mustang. They didn't hesitate to let us in. Lots and lots of cool cars and a friendly place to go.

Gus' drive in or the Mexican place?

Either way - if Solid Gold is that empty, we can easily fill that lot and have our own hang out.

03CVLX
05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
This is good to know. Once my schedule comes around and I have wednesdays off again, I will come check it out.

Prince Valiant
05-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Seems worth it to check/hang out....

Firefighter Z
05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Gus' drive in or the Mexican place?

Either way - if Solid Gold is that empty, we can easily fill that lot and have our own hang out.

Our oppritunity is knocking Ryan:thumbsup

MoCkiN U
05-09-2010, 11:46 AM
hey.....my work is right there and I will be just passing by at 4 oclock if the weather is good im down.

pOrk
05-09-2010, 01:34 PM
aka they are trying to get anyone they can get to come. Cool that it changed, but we have been kicked out of there soo many times it ain't worth it to head back when there is so much other stuff to do on Wednesdays :) Like Gus' Looks like they are getting desperate, better fire the extra 20 some people they have working on wednesdays as they dug their own grave.

jbiscuit
05-09-2010, 02:03 PM
I think you guys might be in for a treat here. The lot attendants at Solid Gold the past few summers have been letting rusted out Cavaliers and such in the lot. The new owners of that McDs have their own agenda with the cruise night so more power to them running it there way I guess. Maybe they wanted the cruise night to cater to the modern cars all along? Which is would explain why they maybe got rid of the DJ too? As an old car owner, I have to say an ALL old car event still appeals to me but I'm not an organizer either. A Ford GT or a Ferrari in a lot will still attract a ton more attention than an old car.

u_say_go
05-09-2010, 03:55 PM
this is the perfect opportunity for all the guys who have been bitchin' for years about not being able to show their cars at cruise nights. Someone needs to step up and help organize this. Here you have a well known restaurant, diserable location, and a management staff begging for cars to fill their lot on Wednesday night.
Let's see who mans up and does this.

Deggy
05-09-2010, 04:08 PM
One main reason why this may have changed is due to the new ownership of Solid Gold McDonads. Jim Patterson sold it a year or two ago now. The new owner probably decided on the change. But seems it might be too little too late to save that car show now.

I know my Uncle takes his 32 Ford coupe up there every Wed still.

pOrk
05-09-2010, 04:10 PM
this is the perfect opportunity for all the guys who have been bitchin' for years about not being able to show their cars at cruise nights. Someone needs to step up and help organize this. Here you have a well known restaurant, diserable location, and a management staff begging for cars to fill their lot on Wednesday night.
Let's see who mans up and does this.

Restaurant? McDonalds? :rolf

1siksrt
05-09-2010, 04:35 PM
thats awesome, ill have to make a trip up there this year...

TheRX7Project
05-09-2010, 05:50 PM
aka they are trying to get anyone they can get to come. Cool that it changed, but we have been kicked out of there soo many times it ain't worth it to head back when there is so much other stuff to do on Wednesdays :) Like Gus' Looks like they are getting desperate, better fire the extra 20 some people they have working on wednesdays as they dug their own grave.

This sums it up exactly. I got kicked out because they didn't want me there when I wanted to be there... I'm not going to support them now that it changed.

nutzandboltz
05-09-2010, 06:22 PM
Man when jim patterson owned solid gold that was the best damn cruies night in the city since its going downhill bigtime that guy was a very creative and generous business owner

Yooformula
05-09-2010, 06:53 PM
gotta thank solid golds for something though.....that place prompted a pissed off bunch of us to start out own late model cruises and car shows(both burger king locations and bw3 show) and this website!

pOrk
05-09-2010, 08:17 PM
Man when jim patterson owned solid gold that was the best damn cruies night in the city since its going downhill bigtime that guy was a very creative and generous business owner

You're joking, right?

I was kicked out when I went in my 62 caddy, was bagged in the rear. Douche told me its too big to park in this lot, if I wanted I could park in chi chis even though there were plenty of spots open IN the lot ( got there early ). That WAS Jim Patterson, he was saving those spots for shiny cars.

u_say_go
05-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Restaurant? McDonalds? :rolf

come on Eric, that's fine dining at it's best! ;)

nutzandboltz
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
IDK porky asking u too park in his other spaces isnt kicking you out, i think you are judging a man you never knew on a 30 second encounter

pOrk
05-10-2010, 05:59 PM
IDK porky asking u too park in his other spaces isnt kicking you out, i think you are judging a man you never knew on a 30 second encounter

Thats was one of severak unpleasent encounters, another one of which when I tried to park in the side lot where regular cars park to get food. I parked there to get a few shakes for my brothers bday thing, NOT attend the car show and I was screamed at because I was driving a bagged fullsize pickup with custom paint, NOT attending his weak same car every week car show.

He was only a friend to a few, he is a judge mental ass hole to most :thumbsup

lordairgtar
05-11-2010, 12:26 AM
So bitching about stuff that happened a while back is OK. Complain that your cars are not allowed and that they should allow you in. Complain about the same old cars showing up every week. Now that change is in the offing, you find things to complain about still. Patterson is not involved with SG any more so bringing up past experiences with him really has nothing to do with what is going on now. I never owned a cool car or old rod or expensive exotic while attending SG and yet Jim let me be, said hello to me every time I showed up and encouraged my art. I had absolutely nothing to offer him except friendship and appreciation. What ever reasons he had to deny access to your cars may not have been right, but it was his playground and his rules. Now he is involved elsewhere and you still hold a grudge on that business. I don't understand this. People now involved have been listening to myself, Captain Bob and Arlo and Don Holle about needed changes and are trying to implement them. Yes, it may be to fill up the lot again...they are a business after all trying to make a profit. Please lighten up a bit and try and see what is going on here is a benefit to all car owners, even if for business reasons. Some of you cried "let us in, let us in"! Well now they have and you bitch about that. I don't understand this at all. What happened in the past is in the past. We need to look into the future. I can see when Gus' in Franklin starts getting a bit more crowded, they will block out the newer stuff just like at other places in the area. I might be biased because I get paid to be there, but I also enjoy all the people and the cars and if I thought it was not fun, I would have said no way to the management. Now all they need is to get a DJ instead of the XM feed. BTW, every car cruise has the same old regulars there, it's the nature of the beast.

Voodoo Chick
05-11-2010, 01:11 PM
I love going to Solid Gold on Wednesdays......I'm glad it's the "same old cars, same old people," as they are all becoming like extended family. I'm also glad there's a year limit on the cars being shown. I don't know if it's being enforced this year or not, but I support those limits at any shows........if there were no limits, half the shows would end up looking like a Pick 'N' Save parking lot.....not a car show. Real simple, for those that don't like it, DON'T GO.

PureSound15
05-11-2010, 01:20 PM
I love going to Solid Gold on Wednesdays......I'm glad it's the "same old cars, same old people," as they are all becoming like extended family. I'm also glad there's a year limit on the cars being shown. I don't know if it's being enforced this year or not, but I support those limits at any shows........if there were no limits, half the shows would end up looking like a Pick 'N' Save parking lot.....not a car show. Real simple, for those that don't like it, DON'T GO.

Did you read the thread?

lit666
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
anyone up for this tomorrow?

Yooformula
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
thinking about it. maybe Ryan can get them onboard for a weekly sponsor site!

PureSound15
05-11-2010, 02:44 PM
I'll see what I can do!

nismodave
05-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Weather looks crappy 4 tommorow.

lordairgtar
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm not liking the weather outlook as of now. I'll be there if it's dry even if cold. If the feature car shows up, I gotta draw it. Sunny, changes are afoot and they have to be if SG is going to compete with Gus' Cantina. Although newer stuff will be there, it wont be just a bunch of stockers. Some kind of mod will have to have been done to the car. I like the fact that you are always there.

lordairgtar
05-18-2010, 05:14 PM
These are the things that will be given as door prizes Wednesday Night at Solid Gold. F&F Tire is the sponsor and they came up with some good stuff.

- Edelbrock Signature Series Chrome valve covers
- Bell 61pc Emergency Roadside Kit
- Sun Pro Style Line Chrome Gauge Kit
- Actron Pocket Scan Plus OBD2 Code Reader
- Camo Multi-Tool with Case
- 5 LED Flash lights with Multi-tools
- Digital Tire Gauges
-Uniroyal & F&F Tire World Soccer Balls

lordairgtar
05-20-2010, 12:18 AM
Awesome night! The feature car was a 68 GTO in Verduro Green with black top. Thanks to all the BCM people who came, especially Nismodave. Sorry about the befuddled look, but I'm like that. I have a shit memory for faces and names. Of course, that isn't all bad...it's like sleeping with a new girl every night.

ricksws7
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Was treated like dirt so many times by this place I hope they go under!!! Would never spend a dime to help this place out. Rick

lordairgtar
05-21-2010, 02:38 AM
Was treated like dirt so many times by this place I hope they go under!!! Would never spend a dime to help this place out. Rick
So, in other words, you are blaming the new management for what the old management did to you? And by wishing they would go under, you are wishing me to lose some income?

PureSound15
05-21-2010, 09:31 AM
So, in other words, you are blaming the new management for what the old management did to you? And by wishing they would go under, you are wishing me to lose some income?

I think that's a bit extreme. You can't expect people to flip like a switch because it's "new management." It's a great opportunity, but you're not going to win over everyone.

Don't take it personally.

TraceDaddy
05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I may need to stop by some week just to get a new LordAir rendering of my new look. My old picture is out of date.

ricksws7
05-21-2010, 05:57 PM
No comment. Just stating solid gold is not top on my list. Not wishing anything bad on anyone. Rick

johnny--2k
06-08-2010, 05:03 PM
anyone going tomorrow? i may stop by if it's nice out! it's been years since I've been to SG! Last time I was there I had my S2000 :eek:

DurtyKurty
06-08-2010, 07:39 PM
I would like to take my wreck down there tomorrow. It would be nice to get a few more BCM'ers down there too.

johnny--2k
06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Well, I just found out it's our company dinner tomorrow so I wont be able to make it...next week though!

JC70SS
06-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I can start next week

u_say_go
06-09-2010, 09:30 AM
the guys who ran the show at Pistol Pete's have a new location, it's at the Gasthaus in waukesha, wednesday nights. outdoor beer/food and live music.

Car Geek
06-09-2010, 09:32 AM
Beautiful night tonight. Gus's on Hwy. 100 is the place for showing. All years, all cars, D.J., clean, great food with a discounted car show menu and they want you there. They're nice and huge quanity of door prizes that you don't have to wait until 8 p.m. to win. Hope to see you there.

PureSound15
06-09-2010, 11:27 AM
Beautiful night tonight. Gus's on Hwy. 100 is the place for showing. All years, all cars, D.J., clean, great food with a discounted car show menu and they want you there. They're nice and huge quanity of door prizes that you don't have to wait until 8 p.m. to win. Hope to see you there.

I'm confused why we would want to go there when solid gold has now asked us to come there?

Doc Brown
06-09-2010, 12:11 PM

What time does it "officially" start?

lordairgtar
06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
It was pretty nice at SG tonight. Beautiful weather. Great stuff from the Star alignment people and a Chiropractic clinic. Hmmm, get your ride aligned, and your back. A real nice 69 R/T was the feature car. A group of three MGBs showed up as well as a couple of AMC cars which I like very much. Saw Sunny with her Z28. Hot Rod Radio did their show taping from the patio, too. More cars are showing up. I totally enjoy the "shills" from Gus' Cantina that show up trying to get me to answer if I knew where the other show was. I just feign ignorance. They seem to forget that I stop in at Gus's afterward and seen these same people there before...so they know about the show.

jbiscuit
06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
Gus's was great last night. Really nice showing of cars! The lot was packed. IMO, Gus's has been great so far. I agree, they seem like they actually appreciate the cars being there. Can't wait for next week already!!

Car Geek
06-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry for the late response I was working a few days stright through. The have two reasons:

-Gus' started out welcoming our cars right away. It' a "car show" for everyone. They have tons of room and we won't get kicked out. Gus is car classic car owner and loves cars. 1969 Firebird Convertible.
-Solid Gold got blown out by Gus' show so in panic they started allowing new cars. They have no cars and no people so now we're good enough. The new owner has no interest in cars and is doing it because it was there. It probably will be done soon. They don't care.

Car Geek
06-11-2010, 10:10 AM
What time does it "officially" start?
Gus' Cantina Show hours are 5 to 9:30. They set up and start parking at 4:00. The show will run every Wednesday through October.

Car Geek
06-11-2010, 10:11 AM
I'm confused why we would want to go there when solid gold has now asked us to come there?
Response below. Sorry

b4mytm
06-11-2010, 04:19 PM

Why are you confused? You don't want to go to Gus' now that SG asked you to come to their show?
Why not check both out why does it have to be one or the other.
I am not for or against either show and even though I have been at Gus's the last couple of times out, it doesn't mean I won't go to SG anymore.

lordairgtar
06-12-2010, 12:53 AM
It's really nice that in this country (while we are still allowed to own cars) we can choose to go any where we want. SG was good and will have to rebuild now. Gus's is good and I am sure they will have great success. There is room for the both, and even though I am paid to be at SG, I try to make it up to Gus' when I am done. Unless someone does not absolutely want me there, I try to make all the cruise nights. Of course there are my faves, but I ain't hatin' on anyone's shows. Right now at SG, some of the co-sponsors have come up with some great drawing prizes...and so what if you have to wait until 8PM. At my own cruise night in Muskego I have certain times when I give out the prizes with the ones that are worth more going out at the latest point of the show...and that show welcomes all years as well.

b4mytm
06-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Anybody heading up to Solid Gold tonight?

Steve03CVPI
06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
I might, I have to go to Southridge anyway.

johnny--2k
06-16-2010, 04:06 PM
i hope so. get out of work at 6.

lordairgtar
06-16-2010, 11:10 PM
I was there tonight drawing the feature car, a beautiful 1958 Buick four door sedan. Never was there a car with as much chrome as this. Drawing the grille was a challenge with all 164 chrome square buttons that make up the grille. Saw Johnny2k and others there. They had Ronald McDonald there doing his show on a portable stage. Some lucky little boy won a bicycle during a free raffle. Was pretty fun! Sunny had her neat Oldsmobile there too.

FourEyedFord
06-17-2010, 01:42 AM
Gus's was awesome tonight, the lot was packed! The food was good too!

Steve03CVPI
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Went to both McDonalds and Gus', McDonalds was pretty lame, Gus' was 1000 times better.

jbiscuit
06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Gus's was packed! Parking cars on the grass even! Saw a lot of new cars out there last night. That pale yellow and white 55 with the BBC and the Tremec was my favorite.

Karps TA
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Gus's was packed! Parking cars on the grass even! Saw a lot of new cars out there last night. That pale yellow and white 55 with the BBC and the Tremec was my favorite.

My fav was the younger blonde in the red tube top and big cans that was taking pictures of the cars.

JC70SS
06-17-2010, 12:41 PM
J I must have missed you. What time did you get there?

jbiscuit
06-17-2010, 01:08 PM
We got there about 6 maybe? Went and ate inside and then hung around for awhile afterwards.

FourEyedFord
06-17-2010, 03:04 PM
We got there about 6 maybe? Went and ate inside and then hung around for awhile afterwards.

It was good to see you, and the three taco deal was great for the money! :thumbsup

jbiscuit
06-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Car looked great Bobby!

FourEyedFord
06-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Car looked great Bobby!

Thanks! Maybe later this year we can get together for some photos, I always want to every year and this year it will happen. Fall sometime?

jbiscuit
06-17-2010, 09:12 PM
The fall would be a great time to shoot it. Count on it!

b4mytm
06-17-2010, 09:12 PM
Hope to see you at Borchardts Bobby!

FourEyedFord
06-18-2010, 03:09 AM
The fall would be a great time to shoot it. Count on it!

Sounds like a plan!

FourEyedFord
06-18-2010, 03:17 AM
Hope to see you at Borchardts Bobby!

I'm planning on going, as long as the weather holds out that is!

lordairgtar
06-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Come to Solid Gold McDonalds in Greenfield Wi tomorrow night !
Kilpatrick Engines & Transmissions will be giving away some really cool Snap-On stuff. All ya gotta do is bring your ride to Solid Gold McDonalds this Wednesday night, June 23rd. Each vehicle gets a raffle ticket for a chance to win.
Kilpatrick’s is your one-stop-shop for automotive repair and performance. They are specialists in Muscle Car restoration and performance. And if the name sounds familiar it’s because the Kilpatrick family has been into drag racing for years. Remember “Bad Judgment”? Jim Kilpatrick and Dennis Stegall teamed up in 1995 to form Bad Judgment Racing. With its unique 1963 Polara body style and it’s Methanol burning 526 C.I. Hemi.Jim Kilpatrick will be at Solid Gold with one of his convertible Mopars . Come and check it out and maybe you could be a winner.
See you there!....and yes, I'll be there drawing the feature car.