PDA

View Full Version : Gus' on Hwy 100

carcrazy
05-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Stopped at Menards last night and the restaurant across the street was jam packed with cars. I saw cars that I have never seen before. There were to awsome big block Vegas, one had a big friggin super charger. Same DJ that used to be at the 76th street cruise night. Does anyone know if it was something special for Cinco de Mayo or is it every Wed. night. Might have to think of something to buy from Menards next week.

RanJer
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Gus' Mexican Cantina has apparently taken over for Solid Gold's Wednesday show..

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45864

I see you're new, an introduction post wouldn't kill ya. :goof

03CVLX
05-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Which Menards?? I thought Gus's was in East Troy or Elkhorn :confused

Ok, I stand Corrected.. I hadn't heard of the Mexican place.

Cryptic
05-06-2010, 10:32 PM
Which Menards?? I thought Gus's was in East Troy or Elkhorn :confused

Ok, I stand Corrected.. I hadn't heard of the Mexican place.

Gus' you are referring to, is in East Troy across the street from the high school

venm4u97
05-06-2010, 10:32 PM
yea i drove through with the cobra and seen a lot of nice cars....a few late model stangs to so i assume its open to anybody.....definitely gonna hit it up next week,should be a lot of fun.

03CVLX
05-06-2010, 11:54 PM
Gus' you are referring to, is in East Troy across the street from the high school

Got ya Andy, I remember now. Thanks!!

Car Geek
05-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Gus's Mexican Cantina Franklin is every Wednesday 5 to 9. The parking lot is huge and they are working on a area for newer cars. I believe this is a problem for a lot of shows. Only so much space and the year of the car gets limited. Won't be the case at Gus's. I was there Wednesday and I heard someone ask a show staff person and they said they would be parking newer cars in a specific area. Food and prices were awesome by the way. Owner was working greeting the customers and making sure things were running well. It reminded me of Solid Gold from a couple years ago before it was sold.

Flicktitty
05-07-2010, 11:35 AM
so there is NO MORE solid gold?

jbiscuit
05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
solid gold is still on. Just Gus's decided to challenge the Wednesday night cruise night slot by doing theirs on Wednesdays with the old Solid Gold DJ too!

lordairgtar
05-07-2010, 05:53 PM
After I got done at Solid Gold drawing the feature car, I cruised by the Gus' Show. Lots of nice cars ere there and I saw Jim Patterson as well, who was the former owner of Solid Gold.

jon_we4
05-08-2010, 06:59 AM
I work in Franklin now and drive by there every day. In fact the group of guys I work with go there every Friday for lunch. Nice place, usually dead for lunch.

If I drive the vette on a Wednesday I'll be sure to stop there on the way home.

u_say_go
05-08-2010, 08:31 AM
After I got done at Solid Gold drawing the feature car, I cruised by the Gus' Show. Lots of nice cars ere there and I saw Jim Patterson as well, who was the former owner of Solid Gold.

hmmm, imagine that.

Car Geek
05-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I've been up to Gus's on Hwy. 100 now twice. Cars of all ages and some really nice stuff. Great door prizes, great food, a real D.J. that makes it happen. For sure letting us new cars guys in. Over 200 hundred cars this week 175 last time and a big portion were newer cars. I like the nwer cars but it's cool to have the mix. It creates a real car show atmosphere.

jbiscuit
05-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Lots of new cars in the lot at Gus'. If Solid Gold is letting a ton of new stuff in, I hope Gus's sticks to mostly old stuff. Excellent car show. Probably best in the area.

IcePickFreak
05-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I'll have to check this out one week, haven't even been to Solid Gold in probably 10 years, so there's gotta be some new cars I haven't seen lol.

The weather is looking good for this weekend so I may swing by Georgie's tomorrow since it's close by. It doesn't 'officially' start until next weekend but if it's as nice as they say it's suppose to be there will probably be a turnout