PDA

View Full Version : LT1 Crank Journals

Firefighter Z
05-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Is it worth Polishing/ Reworking my LT1 crank Journals by hand or should I just get it machined?

Reason why is that one of my rod bearings has the Hour glass affect and grooved pretty good and the other bearings are pretty grooved too...

I know everyone is gonna say "well get a new crank". Well I wish I could. Trust me if I could, I'd be going with a stroker kit.

sloLs1
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
send it to a machine shop....

juicedimpss
05-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Is it worth Polishing/ Reworking my LT1 crank Journals by hand or should I just get it machined?

Reason why is that one of my rod bearings has the Hour glass affect and grooved pretty good and the other bearings are pretty grooved too...

I know everyone is gonna say "well get a new crank". Well I wish I could. Trust me if I could, I'd be going with a stroker kit.

i have an lt4 crank(bigger rolled fillets) that will take a polish,75 takes it.

Firefighter Z
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
pm'd ya Ron

GTSLOW
05-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Josh, word on the street is an LS1 is a good way to fix a dead LT1. Dunno just what I heard. :D :goof

Beagle
05-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Josh, word on the street is an LS1 is a good way to fix a dead LT1. Dunno just what I heard. :D :goof

Yup that is true :thumbsup

Unless you go bigger than 383 its not worth the stupid amount of cash to go stroker. Snatch up that lt4 crank and call it a day. Use that ridiculous amount of cash for the stroker kit and put it towards a rear end and trans. :thumbsup