PDA

View Full Version : Need a Tow. Please Help.

Deggy
05-06-2010, 06:58 AM
My Jeep is stuck on like 1st and something right off of Howard.

Rear end is blown for sure, need a tow, or a trailer. It'll still move to get it on one. I don't really have any money or anything at the moment. But I could really use the help. I wanna tow the car back to the shitty dealership I bought it from. That is on Howard and Forest Home. If you could help me I would greatly greatly appriciate it. I will do whatever possible if you help me.

Call me 414-520-0510 or reply to this. My name is Nick. TIA.

Dr.Buick
05-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Call Dr ford. he is down that way and has a tow truck 414-483-8850

Car Guy
05-06-2010, 08:08 AM

kornholio788
05-06-2010, 09:10 AM
You are wasting your time bringing it back to the dealership. They won't do jack shit. Car is sold as is for every used car in this state. I worked at a dealership. Trust me. They will laugh and hand you a bill if you want them to fix it for you.

Car Guy
05-06-2010, 09:13 AM
You are wasting your time bringing it back to the dealership. They won't do jack shit. Trust me. They will laugh and hand you a bill if you want them to fix it for you.

Not always.....:thumbsup

kornholio788
05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
I worked for a dealership. They won't do anything.

Slow Joe
05-06-2010, 09:20 AM

So did I, and I work with them on a daily basis. Most will as long as you're nice to them.

If you're going to be a dick to them, I'd recomend to not even waste your time.

Edit: I'd also call them before towing it there, and ask if they'll help you out. Most don't like it when a vehicle they sold just appears back without prior conversation.

Car Guy
05-06-2010, 09:27 AM

You may have worked for a dealership which would not do anything in a situation like Nick's but I can tell you from personal experience some dealerships stand behind the vehicles they sell regardless of the as-is clause. I am not stating the dealership Nick bought the Jeep from will fix the issue for free but to assume they will laugh at him and hand him a bill for the full repair price is premature. Some dealerships care about more than just making $$$ on one sale.....;)

Lash
05-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Some dealerships care about more than just making $$$ on one sale.....;)

:rolf

Car Guy
05-06-2010, 10:17 AM

Deggy
05-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Dad saved me with a tow strap. Dealership is going to work on me with the problem. Hopefully cut me a deal. Went in explained that I had it there right after buying it for a noise, they remembered. So I'm hoping they will work with me on it. I think they mis-diagnosed what was wrong originally, now it just got worse. You win some you lose some.

Prince Valiant
05-06-2010, 10:35 AM
generally if working with the dealer, you can do well to try to get parts at dealer cost, labor free or half cost.

Silver350
05-06-2010, 10:58 AM
You may have worked for a dealership which would not do anything in a situation like Nick's but I can tell you from personal experience some dealerships stand behind the vehicles they sell regardless of the as-is clause. I am not stating the dealership Nick bought the Jeep from will fix the issue for free but to assume they will laugh at him and hand him a bill for the full repair price is premature. Some dealerships care about more than just making $$$ on one sale.....;)

I agree with Justin. When I bought my truck the next day the fan belt was making noise and there was a banging sound in the back end turned out to be tailgate bushing. The dealer took care of it with out any cost to me.

Slow Joe
05-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Some dealerships care about more than just making $$$ on one sale.....;)

Exactly. The dealerships that will have longevity will be the ones that go by this. The guys looking to make a quick buck selling cars will be gone within a few years... Bad reputations don't help sell cars...

hrsp
05-06-2010, 11:37 PM
yikes man that sucks...anyword from them yet? what dealer is it from?

Deggy
05-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Took the car back to the dealership I bought it from. It's located on Forest Home and Howard. Smart Dollar is the name I think. Yeah my first mistake was buying a car from a shit hole dealership..but oh well. Basically he said that first and second gear are gone. He's gonna call me Monday morning/afternoon and let me know what the transmission shop he uses will charge to fix it. He's going to work with me on a price. So hopefully I won't be spending and arm and a leg to fix this.

I really like this Jeep, it's fun to drive and it's got a little kick to it also. I've taken care of it since I got it, changed the oil to high mileage and did a tune up. Guess something was bound to go wrong with 141,xxx on it.

Prince Valiant
05-08-2010, 05:12 PM
normally that little aisin trans is fairly reliable...that's tough luck dude.

Deggy
05-08-2010, 05:19 PM
normally that little aisin trans is fairly reliable...that's tough luck dude.

You win some, you lose some.

Wanna run me in the LRT when I get in back in action. :goof

RanJer
05-08-2010, 06:35 PM
That sucks man, I sold my Cherokee with 190K on it with no issues other than the rear main leaking, standard 4.0 issue. Never any major maintenance done to it, and it was never even taken care of :goof

What can ya do though, best of luck, hope they work something out with ya to get it back on the road soon.

wrath
05-08-2010, 07:48 PM
The AW4 is a stout transmission, especially behind a 4.0I6. It's probably been beat and/or neglected to die before the body rots out. It's no 727, 904, or 999 (all of which I've run water in ATF wheeling and they shifted fine after replacing it) but still decent.

Reverend Cooper
05-08-2010, 08:04 PM
Our dealership has taken care of lots of issues for customers,some not even the dealerships fault. Its called goodwill. Its a must for return customers. Justin can prolly attest to this at my dealership. WE take care of people.

Prince Valiant
05-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Wanna run me in the LRT when I get in back in action. :goof
you bet :thumbsup

hrsp
05-10-2010, 11:09 PM
any word on pricing?

hrsp
05-16-2010, 12:34 AM
is it fixed?

Deggy
05-16-2010, 07:53 AM
The transmission place I am taking it to was booked up all last week. Dropping the Jeep off tomorrow.

Deggy
05-19-2010, 09:52 AM
So...

Called the transmission shop yesterday and got some good news. I don't know if I mentioned that the car would drive and shift fine, it was just making a "grinding" noise in first and second gear. But on my way to the shop the trans didn't wanna shift out of first gear and wouldn't pull. So I limped it to the shop since it was close. I talked to the guy from the shop yesterday, said he took the car for a spin, once he got up the block, it did the same thing it did to me. He dropped everything down when he got the Jeep on the rack and said something was loose and that was causing the problem. Something with the filter inside. He said he tightened everything up and make sure nothing was damaged. Took it for a spin and it drives and shifts like its brand new. And in regard to the rear end noise in reverse. I guess 2 bearings in the rear end are out. And that is like a $500-$600 repair, but the shops gonna do it for $400 because the guy at the dealership I bought it from said he'd help me out the best he can. So I guess $400 is better than what I thought I'd end up paying for a new trans. Should have the Jeep back by this weekend. :headbang

Prince Valiant
05-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Should have the Jeep back by this weekend. :headbangGood kill...

Deggy
05-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Good kill...

I'll be ready to run the LRT this weekend too. :wow :goof

Prince Valiant
05-19-2010, 10:00 AM
I'll be ready to run the LRT this weekend too. :wow :goofThis might happen, lol. But I don't run for free. Burgers.

Deggy
05-19-2010, 10:02 AM
This might happen, lol. But I don't run for free. Burgers.

No cheese tho! Just kidding. Culvers butterburger or Oscars? You choose.

Prince Valiant
05-19-2010, 10:04 AM
No cheese tho! Just kidding. Culvers butterburger or Oscars? You choose.Oscars...

Deggy
05-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Deal, I'm guessing you aren't going to Automotion then? So we will be one of the few people still in town this weekend.

Plum Crazy
05-19-2010, 10:46 AM
you guys thinking of doing HWY this weekend??

Deggy
05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
If I get the Jeep back for sure then I'll probably make an appearance. It's gonna be slow with AutoMotion going on in the Dells.