PDA

View Full Version : 2005 2wd Ram SLT hitch question

05caddyext
05-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I am trying to find a hitch for my ram. When I go on Reese's website and put in 05 ram, nothing comes up for hitches. Summit has about 20 different ones to choose from. I want whatever is the closest to what the original equipment hitch would have been. Truck has tow package with overdrive override, and tranny cooler, just no hitch. Anyone help? Would like to order asap. Truck is a 2wd Hemi extended cab.

Red97GTP
05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Go to hitching post on 68th and Oklahoma. They retail and install hitches. If you have them install they do great work. There was a hitch post not too long ago. I'm just too lazy to find it. It's prolly on page 2.

Plum Crazy
05-05-2010, 10:52 PM
the mopar Class 4 bolts right up, costs about 90-110 bucks

http://dodgeparts.mopar.com/dodge/ram-accessories.html

Crawlin
05-05-2010, 11:13 PM
yep, i posted up and Donny at AER hooked me up great. In and out. Mine was just for an Impala. I find it strange you can't find anything for a big truck like that, haha.

wrath
05-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Blain's has Curt stuff on sale for 10% off. They probably have one in stock.

05caddyext
05-06-2010, 08:13 AM
I can find plenty. I want the right thing. I have never owned a truck before, only a lot of different cars. When you search for hitches for the ram there are a lot of different ones, I want whatever the factory offered.

05caddyext
05-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for info.

wrath
05-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Uhm, why did you bother posting if you wanted what the factory offered? Go to the farkin' dealership.

Chances are the factory hitch is made by Cequent.

PureSound15
05-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Uhm, why did you bother posting if you wanted what the factory offered? Go to the farkin' dealership.

Chances are the factory hitch is made by Cequent.

Why bother posting if you're going to tell him to go to the dealership?

I'm sure they would be the cheapest option:rolleyes:

05caddyext
05-06-2010, 11:01 AM
The dealership is a rip-off. And the dealership is not the style that I want. You know what? Fuck all you pieces of shit on this website. I would like to be banned. Im sick of the stupid bullshit on here. How do I cancel my membership.

Prince Valiant
05-06-2010, 11:37 AM
The dealership is a rip-off. And the dealership is not the style that I want. You know what? Fuck all you pieces of shit on this website. I would like to be banned. Im sick of the stupid bullshit on here. How do I cancel my membership.
Lol...dude, what's up? The only D-bag post in the thread is from Wrath...just ignore him.

wrath
05-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I can find plenty. I want the right thing. I have never owned a truck before, only a lot of different cars. When you search for hitches for the ram there are a lot of different ones, I want whatever the factory offered.

Why bother posting if you're going to tell him to go to the dealership?

I'm sure they would be the cheapest option:rolleyes:

What. The. Fark.

So you want whatever the factory offered but the dealership is not the style that you want? Are you looking for the purple chicken towing package?

Lol...dude, what's up? The only D-bag post in the thread is from Wrath...just ignore him.

It's not a douchebag post. He asked about a hitch. When he wants whatever the factory offered. But he doesn't want the dealership one because it's a rip-off and not the style he wants. What. The. Fark.

Curt is going to be the cheapest because they're Cheeseheads, the Cequent umbrella is going to be the next cheapest vs quality, then it goes up from there.

http://cequentgroup.com/

Plum Crazy
05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
what just happened?? I think a page got deleted somewhere. I could probably get you a good price on the mopar ones, unless im too big of a dealership douchebag.

Prince Valiant
05-06-2010, 02:13 PM
It's not a douchebag post.
Uhm, why did you bother posting if you wanted what the factory offered? Go to the farkin' dealership.:rolleyes:

You're best bet to get what the factory offered is the dealership. They probably offer Cequent hitches, so if the dealership doesn't work for you, you could try other vendors that offer these hitches as well

wrath
05-06-2010, 02:20 PM
:rolleyes:

So you're suggesting he gets the factory one from where... the not-factory dealership in the sky? Summit Racing? Jeg's?

It doesn't matter since that's not what he wants. But it is. But it isn't. It's like saying you only want to have kids when they're not crying or pooping themselves. Good luck.

There are tons bumper-pull hitches from the stealthy-ish Hidden Hitches to the monster 2.5" 15,000lb Curt hitches.

Prince Valiant
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
So you're suggesting he gets the factory one from where... the not-factory dealership in the sky? Summit Racing? Jeg's?

It doesn't matter since that's not what he wants. But it is. But it isn't. It's like saying you only want to have kids when they're not crying or pooping themselves. Good luck.
So now you're saying that the only option you had was to be a douche-bag then...see, you know no other way.

There are tons bumper-pull hitches from the stealthy-ish Hidden Hitches to the monster 2.5" 15,000lb Curt hitches.but this is a start in the right direction...help him sort through his options and find perhaps the closest to what he wants or needs...because it sounds like he really doesn't know what he wants.

meh, moot point anyways.

lordairgtar
05-06-2010, 06:00 PM
All of you be nice or I'm turning this car around right now!:fire