PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle parking downtown

LIL EVO
05-03-2010, 08:19 PM
What's the situation with it?

I see scooters parked on sidewalks and stuff.

Where can motorcycles park and do they have to plug meters? I'm talking about downtown like near the Bradley Center, etc.

eyeball
05-03-2010, 08:57 PM
You are supposed to park on the street like a car, but you can park up to three bikes in a single car spot if there is room(some baggers are too big to fit three). If you don't plug the meter or it expires, all three can get tickets. I've sandwiched in the large gaps between parked cars outside the Bradley center probably a dozen times and never gotten a ticket though. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I do.

WickedSix
05-03-2010, 09:07 PM
fwiw it is legal to park a scooter anywhere a bicycle can be parked...at least according to public safety at msoe :rolf

88Nightmare
05-04-2010, 12:14 AM
fwiw it is legal to park a scooter anywhere a bicycle can be parked...at least according to public safety at msoe :rolf

my motorcycle endorsement handbook from the DMV confirms this. And also confirms parking 3 motorcycles in a parallel spot and paying the meter. If the meter runs out, all bikes in the spot will get a ticket.

kornholio788
05-04-2010, 08:55 AM
The reason is becuase if a scooter is under 50cc's it legally doesn't require a cycle license to drive which means it is considered a bike with a motor. So as I am sure many of those scooters are 150cc or something but cops don't care. But they will ticket your bike I am sure.