PDA

View Full Version : MotorTrend likes the Mustang GT

michelle
05-03-2010, 04:03 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/1005_magnificent_seven_pony_car_rankings/index.html
(http://www.motortrend.com/features/performance/1005_magnificent_seven_pony_car_rankings/index.html)

Prince Valiant
05-03-2010, 04:10 PM
pfftt..bwuhahaha!

What was up with Rob Kino ranking the Challenger SE (ie, v6) over the camaro SS?!?

going to have to read each guy's reasoning, I guess....

BAD LS1
05-03-2010, 04:15 PM
They were all fired up about the Camaro last year too, they get all amped up over anything new it seems so their story gets pretty lofty regardless of the vehicle. Weight has shifted this year, thats already understood and the real world stories will filter in.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
How in the hell can the Genesis be considered a pony car? Fucking thing is Korean

WhatsADSM
05-03-2010, 04:52 PM
How in the hell can the Genesis be considered a pony car? Fucking thing is Korean

x2.. can't imagine many who buy a gen coupe thinking

"I just picked up this bad ass pony car" :chair:

Although with that said seems the Gen Coupe is a very nice car, especially for the price.

Prince Valiant
05-03-2010, 04:54 PM
In all fairness, the new mustang is a good car...lighter than the one it replaces with a nice high reving v8. I'm actually shocked to see the SRT8 above the camaro since it's bigger, not as nimble, etc.

But rankings such as these are a little superfluous since virtually 90% of the people who are buying these things are buying it with either brand loyalty or looks in mind...if I was in the market, I'd be getting a challenger regardless of what MT says, likewise Tom got his Camaro, and ford guys their mustangs...

...and who the hell would get a genesis that's looking for any of the above? It is a different class, no doubt.

Karps TA
05-03-2010, 05:01 PM
As much as I love the Challenger, I can see myself picking up a '11/'12 Mustang V6 next year if they are anything close to as good as the reviews are looking to be. More then enough power to keep my happy driving to and from work everyday, with a decent MPG number. Even better is if they offer any kind of lease deals on them.

T-Bag
05-03-2010, 07:29 PM
As much as I love the Challenger, I can see myself picking up a '11/'12 Mustang V6 next year if they are anything close to as good as the reviews are looking to be. More then enough power to keep my happy driving to and from work everyday, with a decent MPG number. Even better is if they offer any kind of lease deals on them.

Hell yeah! 13 second V6? What is there not too like. They even tempt me...although I think I'd have buyers remorse knowing that there is a V8 option :rolf

FoxStang
05-03-2010, 07:59 PM
...and who the hell would get a genesis that's looking for any of the above? It is a different class, no doubt.

Import crowd, lots of people out there that wouldn't dare drive an American car are willing to plop money down for one of Asia's only RWD offerings that's reasonably priced, not considering buying used.

Never understood that when the American offerings are more bang for the buck though...

I like my Mustangs, but if the right priced Camaro came along I wouldn't hesitate.

x2 for the Genesis being a pretty decent car, though the interior's are horridly cheap still.

1320PNY
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Ironically I like the Challenger. I was a die-hard GM guy up until 2006 when I bought two Mustangs. The Camaro wasn't ready yet and I switch to the dark side. Now I would probably NEVER get another Chevrolet. I actually like most of the Ford offerings and really have enjoyed my Mustang.

I have always hated Dodge because my neighbors were die-hard Dodge and we were a Chevy family. So it was deep rooted from early on to argue with my best friend.

I think my Dad finally getting a 1970 Challenger R/T with a 440 changed my mind. He sold that car and it broke my heart.

I'm getting old enough to want a comfy vehicle with an auto tranny. :crying

TraceDaddy
05-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I like the way the Challenger looks from a distance but...We parked next to one during the Power Cruise and I swear it felt like we were next to the Queen Mary! I really do like them all. I wish they'd do something else with the back end of the Mustang though.

Reverend Cooper
05-03-2010, 10:21 PM
^ exactly what i said to ben this last weekend

GTSLOW
05-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Just goes to show you how retarded motor trend is. BTW I still think the new 5-0 is awesome, but I'm talking about all their other ratings.

Waver
05-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Well I never put much faith into Motortrend's reviews because they always seem to favro the newest vehicle in th test. I am a Ford guy, and I will probably always have a mustang in my possession, however, as I get older, I find my self thinking that it might be nice to get a nice late 80's GTA or Iroc if I cant find that 87 or 88 mustang gt t-top car that I would love to have as a weekend/sunday driver.

Exitspeed
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
You certainly can't deny the new Mustang's are nice cars.

I'd buy a Genesis over the Mustang though, even though it's not as quick and a little more expensive. But that is more my style.