PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up to the Milwaukee Police Dept.

Prince Valiant
05-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Remember the thread about my home being burglarized?

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38477&highlight=burglarized

Well, almost a year later, I got a friendly call from an officer about it.

Now, before I continue, I must admit...my first thought was "am I getting cased," since the caller wanted to know if I was around, and when I'd be around. I must admit, your first instinct when asked by someone you don't know if your home might be to ask what this is about...but since it was an officer, and it could have been something related to a call TO my house, I said "no" without hesitation. After I had hung up, with no return call number to call back, I was a little leery.

I ended up calling the detective who originally investigated my case afterward and spoke with him...he checked the files, and though he had nothing to offer, he did reassure me that I probably wasn't being cased. He offered to drive by the house, which he did, called back to let me know everything was in order...even complimented my truck, lol.

So back to the first call: the officer calls up and ask if I'm around, (I wasn't) and then when I'd be home...as he wanted to show me a picture of the suspect, so I could attest that alleged perp had never had permission to be at my house, or could have elsewhere come into contact the objects that his prints were found on.

While at Tom and Meg's (BAD & GOODLS1's) I got a call back asking me to actually come down to the precinct....so I did. From there, he pulls out the file to show me the picture of the suspect. Yep, didn't know him. Just some young punk who from the picture even looked like he'd be trouble...

After 1 year, after having actually taken prints, they finally got the prints back with a positive match...so the officer says that with my testimony, the prints, etc, they have enough that they'll actually likely make an arrest tonight!

Got to say, thanks for the hard work MPD! :thumbsup

u_say_go
05-02-2010, 05:18 PM
that's cool stuff!!! I bet you thoght they had completely forgotten about your case.
keep us posted on this

PB86MCSS
05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Awesome...good to hear. Maybe this guy was doing some more of the same since then and everything matched up with your break in(?).

michelle
05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Nice!

GOOD LS1
05-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Awesome news Chris!

0TransAm0
05-02-2010, 07:04 PM
thats awesome.

CATNHAT
05-02-2010, 09:04 PM
Wow that is good news! How did you know the perp? Are you going to press charges?

Prince Valiant
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
It is cool...my mother was a deputy for more than a few years was even surprised that the city police has gone through this amount of effort.

Maybe this guy was doing some more of the same since then and everything matched up with your break in(?).
I actually thought that they picked someone up who would later match the fingerprints they had collected. But instead, once they got it back from the lab (apparently a LONG process for a non-homicide/rape type crime), and they identified a match...no telling if they collected this kids prints elsewhere...

but one KNOWS that this kid has been involved in many others...say conservatively 20 other break ins....that's a lot of crime off the street by pursuing this one case! And lets face it, the kid (and his bud's) were probably involved in much more than just 20 other.

The cops who responded were actually surprised that a detective even came, much less that evidence had been collected. But like I said, because they went through the effort, that's a lot of crime that was pulled off the street :wow

Wow that is good news! How did you know the perp? Are you going to press charges? Sorry, I didn't...just some random punk kid. I mean, this kid looked every bit like a punk. Since he ostensibly did NOT have a weapon, he's lucky he got chased off by my dog, and not me, lol...if I had caught him, ouch.

They wanted to make sure that this wasn't someone that I might have had over at a party, or maybe had bought the stuff that had his prints on it from him, or any identify any possible reason that his prints would be on my stuff.

Cryptic
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Tell them you want your skies and boots back too.

Prince Valiant
05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Tell them you want your skies and boots back too.lol...i mentioned that I recently realized they were gone, and asked if that's something to add to the report/etc. The cop looked and said, "if you aren't 100% sure that's when they were stolen, then I don't want to know,"

oh, AND I want my old trek 6700 mountain bike back too :mad:

BadAzzGTA89
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
Glad to see the system is working!!!

Exitspeed
05-03-2010, 09:53 AM
Wow that's good to hear. Fuckin hate thieves.

Myles
05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
I hate mpd didnt do nothin when my crib got busted into but they pulls me over everytime i cruise sherman

they pulls you over? shiiiiit

HITMAN
05-03-2010, 10:14 AM
What, you mean to tell me they couldn't run those prints through the FBI's data base in ten seconds like they do on CSI?

Waver
05-04-2010, 06:52 PM
pulls me over cause they hatin on my el dog or the fleetwood racist ass pigs

Really dawg, that haz to sux fo sheezie

still waiting to see what the hell a cadillic is.......is that something that a cow licks?