PDA

View Full Version : Concrete question

u_say_go
05-01-2010, 08:35 PM
I've got a concrete patio in the backyard. Two of the slabs are tilted toward the house and water pools up whenever it rains.
I got a few mudjacking estimates, but have heard that's just buying you a few years before it sinks again.
The other day I saw a show on the DIY Network (Yard Crashers) and they layed 18"x18" pavers over a concrete patio.
If I could level the slabs with sand or concrete and lay pavers over the top, instead of busting up all that concrete...that would be IDEAL.

Your thoughts on this? Would this work or not even?

Reverend Cooper
05-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I had a issue with my old driveway at another house,the cut a one foot section out and put a grated drain that went to a pop up away fromt the house,it was a permanet and awesome fix as i then could wash the car in the garage in winter squeege to grate that i put heat tapes in so it wouldnt freeze

Yooformula
05-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I've thought about laying pavers but will end up with a floating deck over my lifting concrete patio pad instead. If you lay the pavers down, you would have to use ALOT of sand to level it out and to hide the mismatched levels of the crete beneath it. For now, a nice outdoor rug hides the cracks.

GRNDNL
05-02-2010, 06:34 AM
I had a couple of concrete approaches mudjacked a few years ago at my shop. They where maybe 4 ft wide and 30ft long, they have not moved at all..

If the slab is moving around wouldn't pavers just move with the slab?

jamest
05-02-2010, 10:01 AM
I had mudjacking done and it hasn't moved. The work that was done carries a 5 year warranty.