PDA

View Full Version : Cops came today

BR3W CITY
05-01-2010, 07:52 PM
Got the cops called because I was workin in my driveway, using a 4-1/2in grinder with a wire wheel to strip some paint. I had been going at it for a while, and at about 2:30 a cop showed up because of a complaint.
He told me that there was an ordinance that said you couldn't use power tools on weekends....wtf???? I asked about the limitations and he didn't have any answers, just kinda gave some generic answers. He hesitated for a few moments, and then proceeded to ask me about the truck and all the work i was doing. Even ended with "man that will be sweet when its done"

Fuckin neighbors called the cops for some noise on a saturday afternoon.. :fire:fire
I checked out the state database of local ordinances and found out that the cop pretty much made it up. The ordinance the cop referenced was a construction ordinance, preventing contractors from making shit tons of noise. The pertinant ordinance for vehicles and machinery states only the restriction of usage during 10p-7a...which is pretty much normal noise hours.
I contacted the police dept and had the admin on duty check out the ordinances in question. He confirmed my thoughts, the cop was wrong and I have every right to work on my project. :headbang Im happy that the system actually HELPED me this time.
btw i live in shorewood.

HY35F2T
05-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Cop was just didnt wanna deal with whatever cunt called.

Yooformula
05-01-2010, 08:08 PM
dude did you go back out and get back to grinding? even turn up the music too! With all the shit I do in my driveway and garage, thank God nobody has any issues with me or have called the cops yet.

Lash
05-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Yep.... after 7 a.m. and before 10 p.m. (some areas are 9 p.m.) all week long is fine.

pOrk
05-01-2010, 08:28 PM
haha, I would have sat there and argued with the cop or asked him to send his supervisor if he couldn't recite ordinance numbers.

0TransAm0
05-01-2010, 08:58 PM
thats some bullshit right there. i would have kept grinding away with the cop in the driveway...

lilws6
05-01-2010, 09:00 PM
dude did you go back out and get back to grinding? even turn up the music too! With all the shit I do in my driveway and garage, thank God nobody has any issues with me or have called the cops yet.

especially when you fog the neighborhood with seafoam ive done it no one seems to mind out here :thumbsup

Yooformula
05-01-2010, 09:16 PM
seafoam a 250k mile jeep ftw!!!

FoxStang
05-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Cop was just didn't wanna deal with whatever cunt called.
Yeah, probably saw you were the reasonable one. At least he gave you a complement on your project.

hrsp
05-01-2010, 11:23 PM
seafoam a 250k mile jeep ftw!!!

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

BR3W CITY
05-02-2010, 12:46 AM
I was sunburned anyway so packing up for the day was no big deal. I wanted to do some research before I shot my mouth off at a cop again. I havn't been arrested in 5 or so years, and im hoping to keep it that way.
I'm going back out tomorrow to do some more work on the filler and such. At least I have my information to back me up if they come around again. This just makes me that much more focused on getting a house within the next year or so; somewhere where i have a little more space and privacy.

animal
05-02-2010, 01:43 AM
You should needlessly cut some 2x4's with a circ saw and chainsaw some tree branches into little 6" pieces.

jbiscuit
05-02-2010, 08:07 AM
^ what he said. That the lugnuts on and off with an impact all afternoon

FoxStang
05-02-2010, 12:43 PM
^ what he said. That the lugnuts on and off with an impact all afternoon
Make sure you use a loud air compressor, that's got just enough to run the gun, but needs to stay on constantly.

jakedrew
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
man that sucks. some people are just dicks.

< nearest neighbor is a half mile away. :)

good luck and keep us updated!

Red97GTP
05-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I say you have a "Power Tool Party." Just have a bunch of friends stop over with their projects and have at it all day. Chain saws, drills, impacts, miter saws, saws-alls, air ratchets, air chisels, etc. Possibly have a few generators running all day, multiple air compressors and really, really loud cars.

Ricky Bobby
05-02-2010, 09:46 PM
if u would like i can come over with my derby car nothing like a 350 singing out of 24"pipes out the hood :thumbsup or i need a lot of grinding done so i can weld all the doors shut

BR3W CITY
05-02-2010, 10:50 PM
i pulled the truck out to work on it again today. I printed the ordinance that applies on a big sheet of paper and taped it to the bumper.
Did a few hours of body work; had the 7" sander out, the palm sander and a couple others. No one said anything.

bustedcadillic
05-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Same thing happen to me i was cuttin my down stairs neibors cadillac converer off with a cordless sawzall damn pigs rolled up said i coulnt use the sawzall at 4 in the mornin said i live on 22nd and burleigh think i give a shit beside my neighbor wake up fo work at 7 , cops took my damn sawzall said somethin bout that shit bein stollen , guess i gotta find me a new job or sumthin

Myles
05-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Same thing happen to me i was cuttin my down stairs neibors cadillac converer off with a cordless sawzall damn pigs rolled up said i coulnt use the sawzall at 4 in the mornin said i live on 22nd and burleigh think i give a shit beside my neighbor wake up fo work at 7 , cops took my damn sawzall said somethin bout that shit bein stollen , guess i gotta find me a new job or sumthin

You should probably just kill yourself.

Wait.

Shiiit, you done better just off yoself. Othewise dem pigs be hatin on you till ya die.

I think you might be able to understand that.

British_Ben
05-03-2010, 10:23 AM

You were using a sawzall at 4am? I'm glad the cops came.

What's a cadillic?

GRNDNL
05-03-2010, 10:27 AM

Oh My.....:rolf

84hurst
05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
4 am cutting your neighbors CATALYTIC converter off. Wow, you're a fucking moron. Had to get the $60 to go smoke some rock huh? And you blame the cops? Mods... please ban him!

Waver
05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
That has to be a joke, there is no way that someone can be that stupid, have you seen his profile?

British_Ben
05-03-2010, 03:31 PM
That has to be a joke, there is no way that someone can be that stupid, have you seen his profile?

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous.

BR3W CITY
05-03-2010, 03:45 PM
4 am cutting your neighbors CATALYTIC converter off. Wow, you're a fucking moron. Had to get the $60 to go smoke some rock huh? And you blame the cops? Mods... please ban him!

$60? thats expensive crack...or alot of it. :wooo
Sad part is, when I worked at napa I got alot of folks asking me for "cadillac converters" or even better "the cadillac convertible" (isn't that an Eldo?)

84hurst
05-03-2010, 05:14 PM
$60? thats expensive crack...or alot of it. :wooo

LOL, sorry I'm a little unfamilar with the going price of crack! :rolf

Jeff
05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Lol

TheRX7Project
05-03-2010, 05:29 PM
LOL, sorry I'm a little unfamilar with the going price of crack! :rolf

Usually about $10 for a rock, or $20 in food stamps / 5 12-packs of soda or 4 packs of Newports. Don't get Newport lights cuz I... errr, the dealers don't like that light shit. :rolf

Dasred
05-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Yeah, there are definitely some stuck-up folks in Shorewood, I work in the School District and see where it could be a problem. I could understand them sick of the noise, with all the construction on Capitol and elsewhere, but they could at least have the decency to come over and ask you to quiet down, not that that should stop you, but then you can put a face to the caller.

HY35F2T
05-03-2010, 06:07 PM
hahahahahahaha

Slow Joe
05-03-2010, 07:44 PM

Shi mayng u waz werkin on yo mutha fuckin 6-4 and da pigz rolled up and say dat u can't use a sawzall at fo in da monin! Das wak! If i be u i be cuttin dat mutha fucca off at 3am... Gots ta fix da 6-4... gots da hav da cadilac convertible foo!

Korndogg
05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Someone please tell me this is just Chris being racist again...

LIL EVO
05-03-2010, 08:23 PM
wow, I thought I was the only one with neighbor problems

Waver
05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Shi mayng u waz werkin on yo mutha fuckin 6-4 and da pigz rolled up and say dat u can't use a sawzall at fo in da monin! Das wak! If i be u i be cuttin dat mutha fucca off at 3am... Gots ta fix da 6-4... gots da hav da cadilac convertible foo!

Thats racist lol

BR3W CITY
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
wow, I thought I was the only one with neighbor problems
At least I don't own the house. Nothing has been said since, I don't think it will be an ongoing problem, but we'll see as the project continues.

bustedcadillic
05-04-2010, 05:33 PM
got me 2 rocks a 4 pack of 211 and a sack but i lost my sawzall i gave dayday one them big face hunards for that mofucker after he stole my battery. now i gotta get me a job damn racist pigs only took that shit cause im black and they knows i got no job . and a cadillic is like a cadilllac but without the convertr cause i scrapped that one too

Myles
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
got me 2 rocks a 4 pack of 211 and a sack but i lost my sawzall i gave dayday one them big face hunards for that mofucker after he stole my battery. now i gotta get me a job damn racist pigs only took that shit cause im black and they knows i got no job . and a cadillic is like a cadilllac but without the convertr cause i scrapped that one too

Well no shit they knew you didnt have a job, your fucking retarded ass was up too early stealing shit.

rally_scort
05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
So when did Obama register????

bustedcadillic
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
not up 2 early didnt sleep yet up all night smokin crack with larry jacocks and these 2 tricks from up the block

badass88gt
05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
Someone needs to run an IP check on this clown, theres no way this can be a real person.

badass88gt
05-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I ran an IP check myself, all I came up with was bustedcadillic making a sammich and an ad he put in da newspaper for his party...

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID11484/slideshows/tyrone.jpg

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/object/1712/21/n2204827307_23000.jpg

rally_scort
05-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Someone needs to run an IP check on this clown, theres no way this can be a real person.

oh shit, now we have fake people registering? Maybe its George Washington's ghost :rolleyes:

HY35F2T
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Maybe if he leaves for a few weeks then comes back everyone will miss him.

Waver
05-04-2010, 06:55 PM
So when did Obama register????

that is funny as hell lol