PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor has went over the edge

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Bringing this one back, I'm about to lose half my cars.

Bought my house just about three years ago. Old piece of shit next door has been giving me hell ever since.

Things that happened the past 3 years:
1) Called the police numerous times about music being too loud IN MY HOUSE
2) Called the police when my car was idling in the driveway.
3) Called the village when I started building my fence
3) Last week he cut down 8 full grown pine trees (on his property) acting as a 40 foot fence between my driveway, garage, and property in general and his house
4) Just called the county and complained that I was running an auto repair business and had unlicensed, non running cars. None of this is visible from the street.

So I have to get rid of three cars because they are either not running or not plated or move them in the garage. I also have to send a statement to the inspector saying Im not running an auto shop. I also have to do something with the various car parts and tires in my backyard which no one can see. I also can't "work on friends cars"

I documented with pictures at least 6 other properties within a two block radius that have inoperable cars or other blatant code violations that are visible from the street and not hidden in any way.

What the fuck do I do?? I'm so pissed off

Before picture of trees:
http://wikked.com/lilevo/house/minthome.jpg

After:
http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hs414.snc3/24981_384580023596_750118596_4048415_1587301_n.jpg

Dr.Buick
04-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Had the same problem. Filed a harassment suite and than they sold their house. No more problems.

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 09:17 PM
What channels did you go through?

Dr.Buick
04-29-2010, 09:23 PM
Told the police if they come out again I was going to file. They came out I had my lawer send them a warning letter. The next day a for sale sign went up.

You can start in small claims just to scare them. Paint your house pink so they move. Tell them you will find the worst bunch of rental scum and rent them the house.

Kill them with kindness?

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 09:25 PM
What do you suggest I do with the county inspector?

I got a half dozen photographs with broke ass, non registered cars in peoples driveways (within 10-20 feet of the main road) in a 3 block radius from me. None of my cars are visible from the road or an eye sore in any way.

Do I send those pictures to the inspector and say, "what about these?"

Dr.Buick
04-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I would say leave them out of it. Clean it up for a little whyle.so they have nothing to say. Find some place to put the cars. You can work on all the cars you want at home you work on them for free.

That_Guy
04-29-2010, 09:31 PM
You wouldn't happen to live in butler? Those fucks are just as bad they made every business register anything with a wheel in the town.

1320PNY
04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
How about not living like Sanford and Son? Or buying 50 acres in a non-residential area?

:rolf

xwing
04-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Time to put up YOUR 7' fence and trees/shrubs. Get fast growing shrubs so they get big enough fast, but solid board fence first.

Have a video camera with date/time stamp running, every time you work on your cars. Then, if/when he complains, produce the video and audio evidence of how loud it was, where you were working, how it could not be easily seen or noticed except by a queer peeping tom or stalker, and how it was pretty quiet on the whole, much less than any lawnmower or garden party etc. Tell the police that you will be saving this tape, and all such police-complaint-day tapes to show to the judge at your hearing, or at your suit against dickweed.

Ask the police to take official notice each time that the taped evidence showed minimal if any noise and no public disturbance of any sort, so that each time, the pattern of malicious nuisance your neighbor is exhibiting against you becomes more and more clear.

Apologize each time for your neighbor's bad behavior but NOT yours, make sure they realize YOUR freedom is being trampled on as the aggrieved free citizen doing normal American hobby activity, and that you beset by a malicious neighbor intent on mayhem and creating difficulties.

In the end, you can't change your neighbor, but you CAN change your house. You are better off moving someplace else rather than wasting years of aggravation and lack of freedom, IF there is no end in sight.
Good luck

PS: of course ratting out other neighbors who have cars etc will NOT solve your situation at all, you will just drag down other innocent people. Don't become the dickweed. Narc'ing out OTHER people (who DON'T have dickweed neighbors complaining) does NOT help you, it just makes YOU the dickweed El Grande to MULTIPLE other people because then the police HAVE to come down on them too, because YOU complained!!!!!

Prince Valiant
04-29-2010, 09:34 PM
move to a farm house.

Dr.Buick
04-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Some of us live in very upscale homes. But we work on cars for a living or want toys. My house is always neat. But you can't please everyone

wrath
04-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Go plate them all and write "Sweet car, eh?" on the side with shoe polish.

Honestly, keep your shit. Otherwise they won. They're probably looking to sell their house or something. Just clean everything up, keep everything mowed, and move the cars around once a week.

LEWETHETIGER73
04-29-2010, 09:41 PM
:argue:guns1:nutkick then you can :banana1:

Crawlin
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree with x-wing and dr. buick....

start cataloging when/how the complaints come in as best as possible. the apologizing for your neighbor's continuous harrasement and waste of the officer's time is definitely a good one. put up the fence on YOUR property and make sure to get all required building permits/permissions/etc....

then after that, do what Jim said, just have a lawyer draft up a letter saying that the next step is filing a harassment lawsuit. Those first general letters are enough to scare the crap out of most people. I have one that my lawyer sent that I keep just to read at how "ballsy" it is. Makes me chuckle each time. Granted for a different scenario, but still.

In the end, do your best to "clean up" and let the neighbor have his peace for awhile and build up your case. Then go balls out. Definitely a shitty situation to be in. I'd just explain that it is a hobby that you and your friends share, it's not a business. I'd even go as far to ask him what makes a person another's friend. Common interests, so of COURSE you'd have people over and be working on cars as your hobby.

I'd go check your mail open carrying and see what happens, haha. I already know you've done it in public before, haha

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 09:42 PM
The section where the trees were is the ONLY unfenced area around my whole perimeter.

My plan is to put up a fence (better ask him if he's ok with where it is first!!)

Then I'm going to move the untagged cars in the garage, get it inspected and the case closed out then move them back out!

Turbo-Triumph
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Put up a brick wall with a turret gun and see whats good.:goof

Have you gone over and talked face 2 face about this yet?

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Re: open carry

Every time I see him out there I will be out there strapped. I'm also going to be wearing it the entire time I'm building the fence

I bet he calls the cops saying I was waving it around

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 09:45 PM
I must've left out the part where he's an 80 year old stone. I was about to go over there and tell him to man up and come talk to me if he has a problem with my shit

Car Guy
04-29-2010, 09:55 PM
You can work on all the cars you want at home you work on them for free.

Not in every jurisdiction. The City of Milwaukee states ONLY vehicles registered to people claiming residence at the said location are allowed to be worked. Jason, research every law relating to your situation, best to know exactly where you stand before taking the first step.....

pOrk
04-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Cruise night at your place once a week? I have friends with loud motorcycles ;)

team beater
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Step 1: first try to talk to the guy about the issue, if that doesn't work move to step 2
Step 2: threaten to kill him if he keeps it up, when the cops come deny it. Hopefully he will get the picture.
if not
Step 3: be extremely annoying, vulgar, be openly vocal about being racist towards his ethnicity, hit on his wife or daughter, sunbath in a speedo in plan sight from his house while he is having a get together, have an "Auto Show" at your house parking as many cars in front of his house, make it uncomfortable. Maybe he will move or die

just my .02

I hate d bags

RanJer
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
I have friends with loud motorcycles ;)
Count me in... as a guy with a loud motorcycle, not as your friend..

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 10:03 PM
(a) Storage of Automobiles Restricted. No disassembled, inoperable, unlicensed, junked or
wrecked motor vehicles, truck bodies, tractors, trailers, farm machinery or appliances shall
be stored unenclosed outside a building upon private property within the Town for a period
exceeding ten (10) days unless it is in connection with an authorized business enterprise
located in a properly zoned area maintained in such a manner as to not constitute a public
nuisance.
(b) Definitions.
(1) The term "disassembled, inoperable, junked or wrecked motor vehicles, truck
bodies, tractors, trailers" as used in this Section is defined as follows:
motor vehicles, recreational vehicles, truck bodies, tractors, farm machinery
or trailers in such state of physical or mechanical ruin as to be incapable
of propulsion, being operated upon the public streets or highways or which
is otherwise not in safe or legal condition for operation on public streets
or highways due to missing or inoperative parts, flat or removed tires, expired or
missing license plates or other defects. This Section shall regulate all motor
vehicles, whether being currently registered or not, which are in such a state of
physical or mechanical ruin as to be incapable of self-propulsion or being operated
upon the public streets and highways. Said term shall include any junked, ruined,
dismantled or wrecked motor vehicle or any part thereof.
(2) The term "unlicensed - motor vehicles, truck bodies, tractors or trailers" as used in
this Chapter is defined as follows: motor vehicles, truck bodies, tractors,
recreational vehicles or trailers which do not bear lawful current license plates.
(3) The term "motor vehicle" is defined in Sec. 340.01(35), Wis. Stats.
(4) The term "inoperable appliance" is defined as any stove, washer, refrigerator or
other appliance which is no longer operable in the sense for which it was
manufactured.
(c) Exceptions. This Section shall not apply to any motor vehicle or motor vehicle accessories
stored within an enclosed building or on the premises of a business enterprise operated in a
lawful place and manner in a properly zoned area when necessary to the operation of such
business enterprise, in a storage place or depository maintained in a lawful place and
manner, or seasonal use vehicles such as snowmobiles, motorcycles, motor scooters and
non-motorized campers, provided such vehicles are stored in compliance with the
Ordinances of the Town of Caledonia and Racine County. Also excepted are motor
vehicles registered pursuant to Sections 341.265 and 341.266, Wis. Stats. In other
situations the Town Board may issue temporary permits permitting an extension of not to
exceed an additional thirty (30) days time to comply with this Section where exceptional
facts and circumstances warrant such extension. Such permits shall not be renewable.

michelle
04-29-2010, 10:04 PM
Talk to him in person about it. Watch your temper and let him speak his mind about what he isn't happy about and try to compromise as best you can. If his "demands" are too much, then bring up more legal methods to handle the situation.

Bring a basket of muffins with you too.

Slow Joe
04-29-2010, 10:08 PM
One of my Mom's neighbors complained when they took 100 acres around her and turned it into a subdivision. They didn't like the fact that there were three unlicensed vehicles behind her house, which faced their subdivision, and didn't like her shed, which was just over the lot line (on her side)and was grandfathered in.

Village sided with them, she had to pay $500 to have her shed taken down, I had to license one of my cars, sold the other, and the third my mom had towed away... Unfortunately her garage wasn't large enough to put all the cars in, and the shed they made her tear down would of at least housed one...

All I can say is stand up for yourself, don't let this douschebag walk on you.

Russ Jerome
04-29-2010, 10:10 PM
How about a mapquest/ address for reference why the old goat is bitchin?

Im quick to openly air how pissed I get but in this case I would not have said a word, old people fall down and die every day without alarm.......stuff just happens and I think it happens for a reason sometimes.

If he is truely in the wrong can we have his name? Is he a pedophile? Maybe he is about to be charged as one? Maybe people driving bye may start calling about odd smells from his house, cats in there? Does he own a dog? Is he a "Commie"? Ever seen towl heads entering or leaving? Would you LIKE to see towel heads visiting him? I see numerous roofing and siding estimates in his future...just a hunch. The top 100 wanted names and pics are online, did we see any of them at his house maybe???

Slow Joe
04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Step 1: first try to talk to the guy about the issue, if that doesn't work move to step 2
Step 2: threaten to kill him if he keeps it up, when the cops come deny it. Hopefully he will get the picture.
if not
Step 3: be extremely annoying, vulgar, be openly vocal about being racist towards his ethnicity, hit on his wife or daughter, sunbath in a speedo in plan sight from his house while he is having a get together, have an "Auto Show" at your house parking as many cars in front of his house, make it uncomfortable. Maybe he will move or die

just my .02

I hate d bags

That's the WORST IDEA I've heard yet... However it did make me laugh :rolf

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Google Streets 2225 Sunrise road, racine, wi. Youll see the pine trees providing an effective wall between his and my house.

No more than 5 days after the pine trees came down, the county was knocking on the door because now he could see my whole driveway, garage, and back yard.

His address is 7124 Lakeshore drive, racine, wi

His name:MICHALAK GORDON B & SUZANNE P

GTSLOW
04-29-2010, 10:35 PM
if not

just my .02

I hate d bags

:rolf that is funny and probably effective. But in all seriousness like everyone else said god please don't give into this guys bs demands/city. Chances are they're siding with him because its a pussy police force and the dudes old.

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 10:37 PM
The police haven't been a problem for a long long time. Only time he calls the cops is for music or loud cars. I keep it loud til 9 or 10pm or whatever the cut off is then shut up.

Now it is the village and county he is ratting me out to

1320PNY
04-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Have a pallet of butterscotch pudding delivered. He'll be your best friend.

hrsp
04-29-2010, 11:30 PM
i hate annoying fucks like that

Russ Jerome
04-29-2010, 11:36 PM
His address is 7124 Lakeshore drive, racine, wi

His name:MICHALAK GORDON B & SUZANNE P

Got it, he is an idiot obviously. He would rather have some Arizona alien fleeing pursuit stab him in the neck at home in Racine than have you live next door to him, let him die.

Oh and my 17yr old daughter and I would like to come bye Sunday, we'll have beers while she walks her I-phone on record up and down his drive all day............two can play this game.

LIL EVO
04-29-2010, 11:38 PM
It's a date!!

Open carry Sunday at my place!!

I need some help digging some fence post holes too. Gotta erect the fence on Sunday too.

Yooformula
04-30-2010, 12:15 AM
I would put up a fence and tag the cars.

HITMAN
04-30-2010, 01:09 AM
Cruise night at your place once a week? I have friends with loud motorcycles ;)

I'm guessing that he probably has other neighbors that he DOESN'T want to piss off. One asshole neighbor that's pissed at you is not the same as a whole bunch that are pissed. In that case you are probably the asshole, not them and they are going to win eventually.

0TransAm0
04-30-2010, 06:50 AM
i might have to drive by and make some noise.. i didn't realize you lived in crestview. i grew up on the other side of 6 mile. had a girlfriend(now ex) that lived closer to the church on lakeshore for 6 years...

Silver350
04-30-2010, 07:57 AM
MY opinion is do not wear you side arm when you are out doing yard work. If the guy is calling the cops all the time on you he will call when he sees your gun on your hip.

TheRX7Project
04-30-2010, 08:36 AM
And? If you're not breaking the law... you can't puss out when it comes to standing up for your own LEGAL rights. Doing so means THEY win.

British_Ben
04-30-2010, 08:57 AM
Register the cars if you can or move them. You'll never win when it comes to that because now the authorities have witnessed you 'breaking' the law.

Put up the fence, legally. Make it as tall as possible. Block his view as much as possible.

If he continues to call the police tell the police that he is harassing you and that they need to go and talk to him. EVERY time the cops/authorities come to your house, send them to your neighbors house as well so he can share in your inconvenience. Maybe they'll see something that he is doing unlawfully.

Once things are settled, go over and be civil to the guy. You'll be way better off being friendly neighbors with the guy than enemies.

0TransAm0
04-30-2010, 09:03 AM
and make sure before you put up the fence you get your $50 "fence permit" or they can make you take it down.

Yooformula
04-30-2010, 09:53 AM
register the cars if you can or move them. You'll never win when it comes to that because now the authorities have witnessed you 'breaking' the law.

Put up the fence, legally. Make it as tall as possible. Block his view as much as possible.

If he continues to call the police tell the police that he is harassing you and that they need to go and talk to him. Every time the cops/authorities come to your house, send them to your neighbors house as well so he can share in your inconvenience. Maybe they'll see something that he is doing unlawfully.

Once things are settled, go over and be civil to the guy. You'll be way better off being friendly neighbors with the guy than enemies.

/\ this!!

jbiscuit
04-30-2010, 11:11 AM
pretend like everything he is doing is a blessing to you. Act super nice to the guy and offer him a beer the next time you see him. Tell him his yard looks great with the trees removed now. You are better off driving him absolutely nuts. Old people think they are "owed" something. They have nothing better to do than be a pain in the ass. Don't let him "win."

Tell him you appreciate the cops being sent over to your property as its making the neighborhood a safer place for everyone :rolf

Al
05-01-2010, 01:12 AM
I must've left out the part where he's an 80 year old stone. I was about to go over there and tell him to man up and come talk to me if he has a problem with my shit

Is he a veteran?

Also, if your three cars run, register them. That might be the cheapest of all options.

TheRX7Project
05-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Hell even if they don't run, register them.

Al
05-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Anyone ever read "Mending Wall" by Robert Frost?

That is where the phrase "good fences make good neighbors" comes from.

Cryptic
05-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Yikes... I got a bunch of junk in my yard too. My neighbors are all cool though. I think the plow truck helps some :D

xxsn0blindxx
05-01-2010, 09:05 AM
and make sure before you put up the fence you get your $50 "fence permit" or they can make you take it down.

And make sure you paint his side of the fence in a wild, obnoxious color scheme. Better yet, paint pictures of a bunch of broken down vehicles on cinder blocks, make his new view worse than the previous one. :thumbsup

VroomPshhTsi
05-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Better yet, paint pictures of a bunch of broken down vehicles on cinder blocks, make his new view worse than the previous one. :thumbsup

:rolf:rolf:rolf win

ND4SPD
05-01-2010, 02:04 PM

And make sure you have a survey done before you put it up. Our neighbor (who we've been having issues with as well) put up a fence and didn't bother to have a survey done... guess what, ended up a foot on our property. May not sound like much but there's barely 6' between the house and the property line so even a foot is significant. At some point I'm going to make them move it... just have been trying to be "nice" because I know the man of the house has had some medical problems (and is either dead or in a nursing home at this point).

OxmanWI
05-01-2010, 04:33 PM
Save up for a fence and put it right down the middle of the property line. If you have super loud cars, bikes, toys you need to test and tune else where and not in a close housed neighborhood.

Gregor
05-01-2010, 10:14 PM
Good lord, you live next to me. I live on 6 mile and Whitewater. You could most likely hear me trying to tune a carb today.

FYI I have 2 trucks, 1 Focus, and a rust as hell Capri in my drive way but haven't had a problem. My nabor gets yelled at by the dbag across for home garaging his Peterbuilt from his work.

awsomeears
05-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Honestly I'd walk straight up to his door and say " As neighbors were off to the wrong foot "

Simple as that.........

I believe to many people our age ( 20 to 35 ) forget that most people in there 80's fought for this country and are well Bitter as FUCK !!!

Can you blame then for Christ Sakes ?

By no means do I think your a Shmuck or Trash but you just might take my advice .........

I feel that if your Not willing to knock on the mans door then your not serious about repairing this issue.

Lets say you do knock on his door and your get rejected in foul language or something along those lines, just walk away and try another time.

If that doesn't work well you tried your best to be a Stand up Guy, then do what you gotta do.

Slow Joe
05-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Save up for a fence and put it right down the middle of the property line. If you have super loud cars, bikes, toys you need to test and tune else where and not in a close housed neighborhood.

In some places you can't build a fence on the property line. Here in Oconomowoc I believe you have to be min 1ft on your side...

Al
05-01-2010, 11:18 PM
I believe to many people our age ( 20 to 35 ) forget that most people in there 80's fought for this country and are well Bitter as FUCK !!!

That's why I was curious about his veteran status.

awsomeears
05-01-2010, 11:25 PM
That's why I was curious about his veteran status.

Yep I caught that right away.......... :thumbsup

hrsp
05-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Honestly I'd walk straight up to his door and say " As neighbors were off to the wrong foot "

Simple as that.........

By no means do I think your a Shmuck or Trash but you just might take my advice .........

I feel that if your Not willing to knock on the mans door then your not serious about repairing this issue.

Lets say you do knock on his door and your get rejected in foul language or something along those lines, just walk away and try another time.

If that doesn't work well you tried your best to be a Stand up Guy, then do what you gotta do.

my bitter ass veteran grandfather would respect that! bu then again he would never complain about a neighbors shit...unless he had "a bunch of fish faces" over there...lol...he reminds me of clint eastwood in GT

awsomeears
05-02-2010, 01:50 AM
my bitter ass veteran grandfather would respect that! bu then again he would never complain about a neighbors shit...unless he had "a bunch of fish faces" over there...lol...he reminds me of clint eastwood in GT

Yea that's why you never know, show some character even tho he is lacking some.........

jakedrew
05-02-2010, 01:55 PM
update for us?

LIL EVO
05-02-2010, 05:53 PM
1) He was wearing some USS battleship ball cap awhile ago so I'm assuming he served.

2) Even if I tagged and registered the cars they are not "road worthy" and would have to be enclosed anyways. Missing a headlight or tail light, not road worthy. These are in much more disarray.

3) Fence is done. Pictures coming shortly.

LIL EVO
05-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Before:
http://lilevo.com/pictures/house/fence2/before1.jpg
http://lilevo.com/pictures/house/fence2/before2.jpg
http://lilevo.com/pictures/house/fence2/before3.jpg

AFTER:
http://lilevo.com/pictures/house/fence2/dun2.jpg
http://lilevo.com/pictures/house/fence2/dun1.jpg

(Yes I stepped it up in the middle to get some extra blockage)

0TransAm0
05-02-2010, 06:18 PM
looks good. hope you got the permit to put it up caladonia could make you take it down.. and if the guy is that much of an ass he will probably find something to complain about..

LIL EVO
05-02-2010, 06:22 PM
I didn't get the permit last time I built the fence in the back yard and the same neighbor called on me.

I just had to go in and apply for the permit and all was well. They didn't make me tear it down.

I did add another permit to do this portion on Friday so I'm covered!

buttersgt350
05-02-2010, 06:27 PM
in the third pic of the before group it looks like someone is in the window keeping an eye on you.:stare

LIL EVO
03-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Here we go again. Racine county was just here taking pictures and somehow managed to stick a violation door tag on my back door while I was sitting on the couch. By the time I got outside they were speeding down the street.

Nothing has changed or worsened since the last time.

Can't wait to find out what this is about now.

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2013, 09:13 PM
find a bunch of road kill put it in his yard with a pan or container from his trash with anti freeze,call the cops and hit record

jbiscuit
03-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Yea it's about time you start making his life hell. He's been difficult to you for quite sometime.

Reverend Cooper
03-20-2013, 09:21 PM
In all seriousness,you need to contact a lawyer,weather the cops take sides or not with the guy the lawyer can send a cease and desist,If you dont they will make your life hell.

kevcuda
03-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Did you try talking to your neighbor? Whats his deal?

kevcuda
03-20-2013, 09:24 PM

Simple as that.........

Im a veteran I am screwed up but dont think Im and a$$

LIL EVO
03-20-2013, 09:27 PM
They are probably in their 70s-80s.

I don't even know what the complaint is. Will find out tomorrow and assess.

Wagonbacker9
03-20-2013, 09:46 PM
damn dude. I live in a dense residential neighborhood (quarter acres). The only one who said squat about my compressor humming away or the multiple cars I've worked on was the 5 year old next door. And that includes my neighbors on the other side in their 70s.

OxmanWI
03-20-2013, 10:07 PM
You’re not too far away from my parents off of 4 1/2 mile. Beautiful area by the lake and the lighthouse. Like I said in my older post, if you're making a lot of noise with loud exhaust your neighbors will not like that. I grew up in tight neighborhoods where the houses are close enough to pee on. Best thing to do is keep it quiet. I know that's hard to hear but that is the reality of it in tight box neighborhoods. Old ass people like it quite and they have nothing better to do then poke their head out the window to see what everyone else is doing.

LIL EVO
03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Hasn't been a loud exhaust or hammering/pounding since the last time we were in the 50s!

wikked
03-21-2013, 01:39 AM
This is what happens when you're retired and have too much time on your hands.

LIL EVO
03-21-2013, 08:27 AM
Complaint was called in February 2012. Too many vehicles in the driveway. "What's the deal with all the cars?"

Fuck people. They are mine. Jesus H.
They just need a signed letter sent in saying all vehicles are registered and in running condition, which they are.

Wagonbacker9
03-21-2013, 08:29 AM
"I like cars... deal with it." LOL

blackmage
03-21-2013, 08:56 AM
"I'm a gear head. My hobby is cars, obviously your hobby is to make my life a living hell."

Just read through this whole thread, wow is all i can say haha.

Moparjim
03-21-2013, 10:05 AM
Wait its like 3 years later... This guy hasn't passed away yet lol?

michelle
03-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Reading stories like this makes me thankful I live where more in the "country" and have neighbors with various hobbies of their own.

LIL EVO
03-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Reading stories like this makes me thankful I live where more in the "country" and have neighbors with various hobbies of their own.

Yep I've been trying that for two years now, but unfortunately the lending market no longer supports business owners.

Car Guy
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Jason, I just saw the shed thread. You think the progress on that aggravated the neighbors again?

Complaint was called in February 2012. Too many vehicles in the driveway.

Is 2012 a typo? If not why did they wait over a year to follow up on the complaint?

LIL EVO
03-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Dont know, county is backlogged with bs complaints I guess.

LIL EVO
03-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Haha shed is the farthest away possible from them.

Car Guy
03-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Regardless of where the shed is he knows something is being built. That alone probably got him 'going' again. I'm still amazed that complaint sat around for over a year and was finally served at the same time the shed is going up. That seems too coincidental to me.

Wagonbacker9
03-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Regardless of where the shed is he knows something is being built. That alone probably got him 'going' again. I'm still amazed that complaint sat around for over a year and was finally served at the same time the shed is going up. That seems too coincidental to me.

That sounds to me like the govt ignored it at the time, and is now using it as an excuse to go looking around... but thats based purely on my suspicious nature and speculation.

OxmanWI
03-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Hasn't been a loud exhaust or hammering/pounding since the last time we were in the 50s!

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but I think a 10 second 750 HP car is going to be loud hell on startup and pulling out of the driveway. The noise is probably what started the neighborhood hating against you. Just looking at your list of cars in your sig, why don't you sell one of the Mirages, two Land Cruisers and one Kawi? Your driveway just cleaned up a little more. Again not trying to be an ass, I'm a motor head too, but at this point maybe you should compromise before the village comes down with a fine or something. Plus you’ll get some money for the cars.

wikked
03-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Just looking at your list of cars in your sig, why don't you sell one of the Mirages, two Land Cruisers and one Kawi?

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/smilies/smiles2/new_usa.gif Because the men and women who have served & are serving to keep this country free, allows people to have as many cars as they want in their driveway. http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/smilies/smiles2/new_usa.gif

OxmanWI
03-21-2013, 01:26 PM
http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/smilies/smiles2/new_usa.gif Because the men and women who have served & are serving to keep this country free, allows people to have as many cars as they want in their driveway. http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/images/smilies/smiles2/new_usa.gif

Yea I'll agree with that statement. He absolutely has the right to own 1,000 cars, but the problem is noise and village code. If it were up to me and I was the village rep I would let him keep his cars. But like I stated in my earlier posts you will have a harder time keeping loud toys in a tight neighborhood with a bunch of old ass people who have nothing better to do but complain and bitch. I've had the same problems with old people growing up in those neighborhoods and I feel for him. Just trying to help that's all.

LIL EVO
03-21-2013, 01:34 PM
When we first moved in, the police were called several nights in a row because we had a car idling in the driveway at 10:02 PM. Same with music in my living room after 10pm. That's the kind of people they are.

Regardless I have a stack of permits and documentation on everything I do here now.

Ricky Bobby
03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
really wow, I run demo derby cars my drive way(24" exhaust out hood) and do smokey burnouts with them on occasion or do a little test and tune car sits in my driveway and u know its not road worthy with no glass or what not. My neighborhood is primarily old people also, one old lady complained to a neighbor once and he told her to shut up lol. I dont think its where he lives or ordinances but the crappy old fucks who live by him and need to fuck off IMO.

Car Guy
03-21-2013, 02:11 PM
When we first moved in, the police were called several nights in a row because we had a car idling in the driveway at 10:02 PM. That's the kind of people they are.

Wow......

kevcuda
03-22-2013, 09:23 AM
Yea I'll agree with that statement. He absolutely has the right to own 1,000 cars, but the problem is noise and village code. If it were up to me and I was the village rep I would let him keep his cars. But like I stated in my earlier posts you will have a harder time keeping loud toys in a tight neighborhood with a bunch of old ass people who have nothing better to do but complain and bitch. I've had the same problems with old people growing up in those neighborhoods and I feel for him. Just trying to help that's all.

Unless you accept the rules of an association. That said I had a neighbor who didn't like how I cut my grass. He came over and just said he bugs him he was nice about it. Kinda weird but ok fine he asked nicely and not a big deal for me Ill adjust. Now if he would have called the cops...$crew him!

wrath
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
It's all about perspective. My neighbor was worried about his dog coming into my yard to eat my chickens. I said "well, I guess to keep the chickens in I could put up a 12' fence..."

Magically he didn't care if the chickens were in HIS yard.

-stew-
03-22-2013, 12:45 PM
How is the dog not eating the chickens? And since when is eating chickens a bad thing?

wrath
03-22-2013, 02:08 PM
How is the dog not eating the chickens? And since when is eating chickens a bad thing?

The dog learned to be friendly towards the chickens. It still poops in my yard (I don't care) but it leaves the chickens alone. Dogs that do not learn to be friendly with the chickens never seem to make it home.

I like eating chickens, just not my chickens.

Had a neighbor that insisted on blaring crappy religious movies and music and we had a duplex. Said "pound on the wall if it's too loud". Yeah, kept doing it. I vacated our half of the duplex one day and used my nifty z-wave remote from the street to crank the stereo "to 11" with Staind - Mudshovel then some Tool. Never heard his stereo again.

Had a neighbor that didn't like that I was cutting up cars in my back yard (buy one and strip it in a weekend). Kept calling the po-po on me. They'd show up, I'd show them the title, they'd leave. I asked the neighbor why they had a problem with it and they came up with some bullshit excuse. Neighbor was renovating his kitchen one day and didn't pull any permits. I got the city to issue them citations for a whole slew of things including appliances in the back yard, no permits for electrical, plumbing, illegally leaving crap on the street over night blah blah blah. Building inspector had a field day plus they got in trouble for dumping asbestos in a dumpster. Magically, no more popo visits.

Revenge is best served cold but most of the time it's not worth the effort.

-stew-
03-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Why have chickens if you can't eat them? Just eggs? Just random animals?

wrath
03-22-2013, 04:45 PM
I have them to eat all the mosquitoes and other bugs. They'll eat or at least try to eat anything smaller than them. I've seen them go after squirrels. I have seen them catch and eat mice and moles.

The bantams are really good at sniping butterflies out of the sky.

They won't eat ants and they won't eat snakes.

They are pretty dumb though, they don't usually run until it is too late. My dog likes to play with the chickens and they made the assumption that all dogs like to play... one got tore up pretty bad.

Oh, and they hate the electric fence around the garden. The bantams can fly over or go under but the full size chickens can't. Since they seem to be pack animals they don't go in the garden. But at least once a month they forget and learn to stay away from the garden.

They are pretty good entertainment and they require basically no maintenance.

lordairgtar
03-23-2013, 10:30 AM
All this going on about old people. I'm old compared to some of you guys. I know the reason for this post is the old neighbors, but we ain't all like that. I live in an apartment and I'm soon to be 59 years old. The twenty somethings above me left a note on my door complaining about our "constant TV watching". Now mind you, our TV doesn't come on until 6PM and is turned off at 10:30PM. We do not have surround sound or any kind of amplification on our set. We do not listen to it loud. After the building manager convinced the apartment company that I was in compliance to all rules, they then started to bitch about our dog barking all the time. The only time the dog barks is when they tromp up the stairs next to my wall. I got permission from management for a little payback...I brought in my DJ equipment. I plugged in all six speakers to it and let fly at 5AM. Everyone else in the building was gone or aware of the demonstration. Never was bothered again, and now they are moving out at the end of the month.

LIL EVO
03-23-2013, 12:24 PM
So I was just burning down a bunch of crap as I have been doing for 6 years now anddd the cops show up. Neighbor complained about my flame height.

LIL EVO
03-23-2013, 12:31 PM
Different neighbor, another 80+. Possible culprit.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/24/8ehu5yqy.jpg

LIL EVO
03-23-2013, 12:47 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/24/4ubasyra.jpg

Several complaints, lady complained to pd about why there are so many cars, she has asthma and saw black smoke, has to keep her windows closed and leave the ac on (she is at least a football field away to the east)... And on and on. Cop came back a second time.

LIL EVO
03-23-2013, 01:04 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/24/jaza4ynu.jpg

PureSound15
03-23-2013, 04:22 PM
At what point is it just harassment?

awsomeears
03-23-2013, 04:58 PM
Either your feeding BCM a bunch of bullshit or your neighbors are really nuts

:-)

I would decorate my house Christmas 24/7 all year long

LIL EVO
03-23-2013, 05:04 PM
I just drove over there to get their POV. Pretty sure next step is to erect a large tarp/blind that blocks their view of my back area.

LIL EVO
03-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Not trying to be an ass or anything, but I think a 10 second 750 HP car is going to be loud hell on startup and pulling out of the driveway. The noise is probably what started the neighborhood hating against you. Just looking at your list of cars in your sig, why don't you sell one of the Mirages, two Land Cruisers and one Kawi? Your driveway just cleaned up a little more. Again not trying to be an ass, I'm a motor head too, but at this point maybe you should compromise before the village comes down with a fine or something. Plus you’ll get some money for the cars.

Haha yeah. Those are only the important ones. Let's see..

I have the Stealth, 99 Sienna, 89 Toy Pickup, 90 Mirage, 96 Land Cruiser, 04 LS430, a 94 Land Cruiser plow truck, the 70 LC and the 71 LC. There's also a 92 Eclipse body that's hidden behind the garage that's basically used as an "eccentric shed". Then there's the Kawi ZX-10, and three jetskis.

Wikked has a Camry, the GS-T, and some 1960's FWD muscle car thats been in the garage for 4 years.

jbiscuit
03-23-2013, 08:48 PM
So wait now you have 2 different neighbors complaining? Coincidence? Or did your next door neighbor get them in on harassing you?

Pretty obvious they are trying to drive you out of the neighborhood.

wikked
03-24-2013, 12:53 AM
So wait now you have 2 different neighbors complaining? Coincidence? Or did your next door neighbor get them in on harassing you?

Pretty obvious they are trying to drive you out of the neighborhood.

#1 is directly next door.
#2 is on the other side of the block, across the street, and down a few houses.

I never see #1 outside, but who knows though, maybe they know each other from way back, or hang out at the moose lodge.

Nickerz
03-25-2013, 07:46 PM
Yep I've been trying that for two years now, but unfortunately the lending market no longer supports business owners.

Sorry I support your plight against your neighbors because fuck them... very hard... but this is not true. There are plenty of SBA backed lenders that will lend do you if you have a solid business plan and financial records and forecasting. If these are things you are not able to do you frankly are not YET ready to open a real business that is funded by someone elses bankroll. There is a long uphill battle till you're ready. But when you're there the money is available.

Good luck with your neighbors. If I owned a large truck I would drive it through their lawn just because people like that deserve it. But the Syclone won't cut it, so sorry.

LIL EVO
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Sorry I support your plight against your neighbors because fuck them... very hard... but this is not true. There are plenty of SBA backed lenders that will lend do you if you have a solid business plan and financial records and forecasting. If these are things you are not able to do you frankly are not YET ready to open a real business that is funded by someone elses bankroll. There is a long uphill battle till you're ready. But when you're there the money is available.

Good luck with your neighbors. If I owned a large truck I would drive it through their lawn just because people like that deserve it. But the Syclone won't cut it, so sorry.

Well, for this example I was just talking about getting a new loan while keeping my existing house.

I've just been taken through the hoops because three years ago I had W2's, two years ago I had a W2 and self employment income, and this year I have self employment income, but my W2 from last year doesn't count. Secondly, the self employment income from this year and last is an average so I essentially need to wait a third year because last year the business was just getting off the ground and I was only doing it part time since I had a full time W2 job. So a small net and a big net averages to a shit net.

Maybe I just need to talk to a different lender.

Nickerz
03-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Well, for this example I was just talking about getting a new loan while keeping my existing house.

I've just been taken through the hoops because three years ago I had W2's, two years ago I had a W2 and self employment income, and this year I have self employment income, but my W2 from last year doesn't count. Secondly, the self employment income from this year and last is an average so I essentially need to wait a third year because last year the business was just getting off the ground and I was only doing it part time since I had a full time W2 job. So a small net and a big net averages to a shit net.

Maybe I just need to talk to a different lender.

PM'd you.

edit... nm no I didn't =| clear out your PMs good sir.

LIL EVO
05-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Here we go again. 7pm "loud revving engine complaint" with my car idling in the driveway.

0TransAm0
05-09-2013, 07:28 PM
That's in crest view by the lake right? I used to live over there... I'd wait till dark and paintball the shit out of there house.. No way they can prove you did it... Fuckem...

LIL EVO
05-09-2013, 07:31 PM
Don't know for sure who it is and the pd won't tell me.

Car Guy
05-10-2013, 03:14 AM
What are the police saying to you? By now you should know all them on a first name basis.....

srt4eh
05-10-2013, 03:44 AM
This is just totally crazy....I could see my neighbors complaining about me working on cars all the time

GTSLOW
05-10-2013, 09:52 AM
I don't understand what do they even say when they come over now? Are they giving you warnings? What's the deal as of late?

wrath
05-10-2013, 10:44 AM
Are you friends with anyone in the neighborhood? Neighbors talk so maybe you can find out who the PITA is from a neighbor.

blackmage
05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
Burn the whole neighborhood to the ground?

LIL EVO
05-10-2013, 06:31 PM
When they came last night it was literally a 15 second interaction. He said are you Jason? We got a complaint about a revving engine. I said yep, my car was running.

He said it's a residential area, don't rev engines and left.

Irish
05-10-2013, 06:50 PM
At what point is this considered harassment?

Moparjim
05-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Check out my post with the giant shop building for sale in Racine!

30 or so outdoor fenced parking as well ;)

Gregor
05-15-2013, 07:33 PM
You would think the local PD would have better things to do like bust speeders using 6 mile as their testing grounds. Or the fucking harley riders with the drag pipes out the back and their need to rev the shit out of them...

I have walked around that area and yeah there are a bunch of old pricks that have nothing better do than complain.

badass88gt
05-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Can you turn around and file a formal complaint against whoever it is that is causing this? While you don't know who is complaining, the Police do and they could file the complaint. You'd also then find out who it is, then proceed to fuck their daughter, kill their grass and steal their drain plug.

jbiscuit
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM
^ This. Go to the police department and say you want to file a complaint against the neighbor harassing you. There is a paper trail a mile long at this point for every call a PD officer is being dispatched to your house. Ask for the incident number for sure.

While inconvenient for you to have the cops at your home all the time, you need to play the game also and find ways to irritate the living hell out of this neighbor. They are trying their hardest to get you to move. Which you know you can never do because that would mean they won :rolf

0TransAm0
05-16-2013, 08:05 PM
You would think the local PD would have better things to do like bust speeders using 6 mile as their testing grounds. Or the fucking harley riders with the drag pipes out the back and their need to rev the shit out of them...

I have walked around that area and yeah there are a bunch of old pricks that have nothing better do than complain.

Loud pipes save lives.....

-stew-
05-16-2013, 09:15 PM

So do helmets, but you never see those on the guys riding the obnoxiously loud bikes. Weird.

Moparjim
05-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Jason your inbox is full!

LIL EVO
05-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Fixd

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

VroomPshhTsi
05-17-2013, 05:57 PM

False, they just annoy everyone.
Helmet/full gear/safe riding saves lives.

nismodave
05-17-2013, 07:13 PM
So do helmets, but you never see those on the guys riding the obnoxiously loud bikes. Weird.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s13e12-the-f-word

SSDude
05-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Screw the loud pipes

?v=dZQ961oAqBg

LIL EVO
05-19-2013, 05:40 PM
The blockade has started.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/20/ynagydaj.jpg

srt4eh
05-20-2013, 02:31 AM
Hahahaha

LIL EVO
10-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Police just showed up again, engine revving complaint. This time they wrote down all my license plates and questioned my business permit

LIL EVO
10-19-2013, 02:45 PM
After that hour long waste of time, they told me to "keep it quiet like a mouse, people like quiet, I don't know what else to tell you. Thanks for the cooperation, bye"

I've also confirmed it is the next door neighbors.

LIL EVO
10-19-2013, 04:06 PM
Well problem solved for now...

JOHN 86GT
10-19-2013, 04:26 PM
:d
well problem solved for now...

JOHN 86GT
10-19-2013, 04:27 PM
well problem solved for now...

lol!

srt4eh
10-19-2013, 07:09 PM
Wow...I can't believe this is still going on. I like the muffled muffler though :)

LIL EVO
10-19-2013, 07:35 PM
I think the car was idling from 1230-1 and PD showed up around 230. The neighbors were sitting there raking leaves no more than 20 feet away from where the officer and I were talking in my driveway. They tired to play it off and not pay attention.

LIL EVO
02-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Well it's still going on. Someone reported us now for being "an auto repair shop" and the fire department is coming Monday for some type of inspection.

blackmage
02-20-2015, 04:12 PM
Well it's still going on. Someone reported us now for being "an auto repair shop" and the fire department is coming Monday for some type of inspection.

lol wow. When will it end

Sent from my iPhablet

Lash
02-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Aren't you an auto repair shop?
The site says 'Tanin Auto'. You might be screwed.

LIL EVO
02-21-2015, 09:14 AM
No.. I've been through this a dozen times with the police, county, and village. The business occupies one room of my house and the basement. We do not touch any cars. 99% of the business is shipped in to us. The rest is local drop offs.

OxmanWI
02-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Any pictures of the lambo in the drive way?

LIL EVO
02-21-2015, 12:18 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/21/4bdc9587d0c35c9591be9dcbe30e9d24.jpg

LIL EVO
02-21-2015, 12:42 PM
And before anyone says anything about a gravel driveway...

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?56481-Asphalt/page2

OxmanWI
02-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Bad ass. I love that car.

GHOSST
02-23-2015, 04:59 AM
My opinion, pure jealousy and haterism from your neighbors. No lives, so they hate to see other people having them, and doing well.

LIL EVO
02-23-2015, 10:27 AM
Well I went to the PD and got all the documented complaints....

http://lilevo.com/pictures/house/comp1.jpg

Nickerz
02-23-2015, 12:54 PM
FYI with the Lambo & you being self employed you should 100% expect your neighbors to be rumor milling about you selling drugs. I went through this, and am to an extent still going through this. How did I find out? My neighbor's literally mentally disabled daughter asking me if I sold drugs. She didn't come up with that on her own obviously. Hot car, no easily labelled job (oh he's a lawyer, doctor, etc) with working hours that are atypical... With crazy neighbors like that, IF you are a recreational user, do not keep it in your house. I would say there's a strong chance your house gets raided in the next year from an "anonymous" tip. PD's have been getting sloppier and sloppier with stuff like that.

I don't remember if I posted this already but it's all I can think about looking at the volume of those reports. Like someone said, somebody angry you're living your own life and pissed off that they don't have one. The only way they feel better is by feeling like "the system" works for them. And by that, meaning you only have 2 or 3 socially acceptable cars, coming and going a 9am & 5pm, give or take a little with no visitors. These people just refuse to accept or understand that someone that is young is capable of living outside the established norms, and even if they are confronted with obvious evidence (in my case, employing another one of my neighbors part time), it will just be "a front."

I would recommend you confront your neighbors politely but sternly and bring the reports and just give them the straight shot. Explain you're in cars and "I'm sorry you don't understand or agree with my lifestyle choices, but I have a right to make a living in a way I see fit and enjoy it in a way I see fit. So please stop harassing me before I am forced to sue you." Long story short, you have to burst their "bubble." The bubble is that they are anonymous, you are a villain, and there are no repercussions for their actions. This is more of less what Dr. Buick did to them. He popped their bubble. Also, in step with what I saw in my neighborhood and Dr. Buick, these things can escalate when someone is trying to sell a house. So if an influx of complaints come in and someone is selling their house, make a b-line to talk to them.

You are waging a war of passive aggression right now and you're going to eventually lose or at the very least your ROI on this is going to be negative. Old fogeys with nothing else to do in life live for this kind of stuff. Every time the police show up they're smiling and patting themselves on the back. The Dr Buick method words, you have to pop their bubble. Once they are faced with the confrontation you of you coming over they will stop calling the police and bothering you, because they are bothering you "by proxy." They do it because its easy and they don't have to actually talk to you. The minute a call to the police is met with your presence with 100% certainty they'll be forced to shit or get off the pot.

They can try and sue you but any lawyer will tell them there's nothing to sue you for. Like he mentioned, just the act of receiving a letter from an attorney in regards to harassment or a notice to show up in small claims court will do more than you have done in their entire thread. POP THAT BUBBLE!

LIL EVO
02-23-2015, 01:06 PM
I just spoke with an attorney. I need to wait to do anything until the fire department comes at 6pm today so I can get their paper complaint/report.

After that the attorney said he can certainly send them a letter. If it still continues he suggested that I could go the courthouse and file a TRO/restaining order, etc to literally ban them from calling the police for my car idling in the driveway.

Either way, this whole situation is forcing me into buying a commercial property. We're actually about to write an offer on a place in south milwaukee.

Fun times.

03CVLX
02-23-2015, 02:34 PM
Boy, These neighbors sound like real pieces of work. Can you switch houses with neighbors across the street. I'd have a cool car guy neighbor... Your crazy neighbors can have a house full of Hmongs who have loud parties until 3AM and slaughter chickens in their garage. :rolf:rolf:rolf

LIL EVO
02-23-2015, 02:37 PM
This really gets to me because there are three houses next to me the other way that make more noise and cause more havok than I ever do. There's a guy that works on semi dump trucks in his driveway - that can't in any way be legal. The other houses make way more noise than I do, working on cars, racing pocket bikes, dirtbikes, etc up and down the street. I've never once seen the police at any of their houses.

03CVLX
02-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Maybe go talk to those other neighbors. If you are sure you know they are not part of the problem. Maybe they have had past run-ins with the crazy neighbors before you moved in and because your the new addition to the neighborhood, the crazy neighbors have moved to hassling you. Maybe some of those other neighbors will be a witness to your benefit even if all they do is write a letter to present to the judge in court.

On a side note. Congrats, that the business is doing well enough to look to expand into its own building.

LIL EVO
02-23-2015, 02:45 PM
I can just grab the open records on their addresses. If there are zero complaints then that answers that

03CVLX
02-23-2015, 03:02 PM
That actually may be helpful to know also. Maybe consider getting some video/photos of your own when you have the car out idling or anything you think that they would call the pd on you for and any of the other things going on in the neighborhood, I know that kind of makes you a "bad neighbor" but your not calling Caledonia PD on any of them either. Use it all as proof for your case that you are not being disruptive and certainly not making the most noise in the neighborhood.

Firefighter Z
02-23-2015, 07:42 PM
This sounds so familiar with what I dealt with. I lived in a townhouse, found out the neighbors were goofs and I had the cops called on me plenty of times practically all the time and the police found nothing wrong.

I obtained a lawyer and police reports and then my lawyer sent a letter to the goofs to stop or legal action will ensue against them and then he sent a letter to my landlord stating that they must do a sort of action (evict them) and if no compliance it will go to court.

Well they kept up with the harassment and my landlord didn't do nothing and a week later I received a letter from my landlord and their lawyer stating that my lease was terminated at such date.
So I left at such date and then I turned around and nailed them with a lawsuit of landlord retaliation. I won...

Just let the evidence mount on them. Maybe install some cameras cause they could be snooping around when you are not around.

buttersgt350
02-24-2015, 03:27 PM
Lambo in the driveway is awesome! Good luck, problems with neighbors can be very stressful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GHOSST
02-25-2015, 09:04 AM
Can you sue someone for all this stress? lol

Nickerz
03-03-2015, 09:44 AM
This sounds so familiar with what I dealt with. I lived in a townhouse, found out the neighbors were goofs and I had the cops called on me plenty of times practically all the time and the police found nothing wrong.

I obtained a lawyer and police reports and then my lawyer sent a letter to the goofs to stop or legal action will ensue against them and then he sent a letter to my landlord stating that they must do a sort of action (evict them) and if no compliance it will go to court.

Well they kept up with the harassment and my landlord didn't do nothing and a week later I received a letter from my landlord and their lawyer stating that my lease was terminated at such date.
So I left at such date and then I turned around and nailed them with a lawsuit of landlord retaliation. I won...

Just let the evidence mount on them. Maybe install some cameras cause they could be snooping around when you are not around.

How'd that lawsuit shakeout? Just curious!

GHOSST
03-04-2015, 01:06 PM
He said he won. Is there more to that? Off topic I suppose, but that is a very interesting story. Landlord seemed to be showing a little favortism, or upset they got a suit threat.

srt4eh
03-21-2015, 01:25 AM
So what ended up happening with the FD visit?

LIL EVO
03-22-2015, 12:09 PM
They came and said based on the wi statutes for businesses they had to do regular inspections. Normally they stay out of home based businesses, but I fell outside that exemption. Anyways I bought a few extinguishers and cleaned the place. The only thing they noted was that I needed to have the extinguishers regularly inspected by a company and also to keep a minimum of 36" of clearance everywhere.

animal
03-23-2015, 07:40 AM
Lucky you. I've asked my fire dept 3 times for a simple home inspection and they ignore me. lol. Maybe if I start a business and recruit some shitty neighbors they will help me? lol

LIL EVO
03-23-2015, 03:52 PM
No, just call the fire dept with an anonymous complaint about a business at your home then they will come out.