PDA

View Full Version : Me=1 Dog=0 haha

whistlin six
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I have a three year old Border Collie mix that is always full of energy.
I walk him just about every day but can't seem to wear him out.
The dog park seemed to be the only thing that would tire him out but
we can't go there every day.

So I got the idea from the Dog Whisperer and bought some roller blades.
Well he's not so tough any more lol, he poops out long before I do.
Wish I would have done this years ago.

Here's a pic, his name is Pederman. My buddy.

lordairgtar
04-29-2010, 06:04 PM
If I could roller blade, I would do that. I've seen him on the show and the dog and him really fly. Hmmm, I think we just solved our fossil fuel problem.

Prince Valiant
04-29-2010, 06:19 PM
I used to do the rollerblade thing with Gus, an airedale I had a while back...

With him, I started rollerblading because my body could not keep up with his exercise demands by simply running him. I'd run 4-8 miles 5x/week in those days too!

So, on days I was too sore to run, but didn't want to put up with an annoying hyper-active dog, I'd strap on the blades...he loved it. Usually he'd pull me at a pretty good clip for about three miles, and then just keep up with me whatever distance we had left. Many days I'd run with him AND have him pull me 3-5 miles later in the day, lol.

If I needed him to pull, I'd just say "go" and he'd give me a good burst going up a hill. He was fast though...55lbs, plenty strong enough to get me going at a good speed (I'd est 15+mph!)

Our single day record was about 13 miles b/w running/rollerblading. I did that because my then g/f, now current wife was coming over with her dog, and I wanted him to basically sleep through our date, instead of wrestling/tormenting her dog all night...which he still did.

Now I'll occassionally put my 23lbs bedlington terrier in a harness and go with my wife and our 50lbs poodle, sassy. Gizmo loves it, but no longer is pulling me by about a mile, and I'm carrying him after 4, lol.

PureSound15
04-29-2010, 06:22 PM
I'll ride my bike with Raja running next to me. She responds to me pointing in a direction because of her pheasant training so it works really well! Even though she's still a pup, she'll tucker out after just a couple miles of that.

I haven't tried roller blading, but I bet it's fun.

Korndogg
04-29-2010, 07:51 PM
http://media.go211.com/images/blogs/N/Nudity/795624295.jpg

flyin_blue_egg
04-30-2010, 12:55 AM
why don't you try get a backpack for your dog....you load the thing with weights so a short walk feels like a longer walk b/c the dog has to carry all the weight.

British_Ben
04-30-2010, 09:24 AM
http://media.go211.com/images/blogs/N/Nudity/795624295.jpg

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf