PDA

View Full Version : US Census, what a JOKE!

pOrk
04-29-2010, 04:20 PM
So not only did I get 3 separate warning letters and 3 "interview forms" in the mail, I got a door knocker today. I DID fill out the census with the number of occupants and our names, and that was all. The woman who came to the door said they had no record of my returned census.

I was polite and all that as I realize she is just the letter carrier, but holy balls is this a joke. These people are making 15 an hour to re-do what most of us have already done.

I talked to my brother who is out working for the Census today and he said 9 out of 10 doors he knocks on the people say they have already returned their forms. :durr

Doc Brown
04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Good job, government! :thumbsup

If there's this much confusion and disarray with them handling the census, I can't wait until they start delving into something as complex as the health care system! :goof

MoCkiN U
04-29-2010, 04:54 PM
that shits in the garbage can translates into "Oh im sorry, I mailed it in already sir" :)

srt4eh
04-29-2010, 05:51 PM
we never got a census letter...we'll see if anyone bothers to show up at our house

0TransAm0
04-29-2010, 05:56 PM
who cares.

GTSLOW
04-29-2010, 07:25 PM
So not only did I get 3 separate warning letters and 3 "interview forms" in the mail, I got a door knocker today. I DID fill out the census with the number of occupants and our names, and that was all. The woman who came to the door said they had no record of my returned census.

I was polite and all that as I realize she is just the letter carrier, but holy balls is this a joke. These people are making 15 an hour to re-do what most of us have already done.

I talked to my brother who is out working for the Census today and he said 9 out of 10 doors he knocks on the people say they have already returned their forms. :durr

I'm telling ya that job has to be like telemarketers. Those people probably get so much grief, but one thing I will say is that is a job they choose.

kornholio788
04-29-2010, 08:49 PM
How many millions upon millions did they send on all teh paperwork they sent out. We got 3 ourselves. 1 of them saying it was on the way(Uber dumb)

Any now they have people stopping at every door pretty much. if that is what you need to do then just do that and be done with it. It is like at the air port. I have to go through 2 different detectors and most times still get padded down. If that is what you need to do then just do it and be done with it!

Moparjim
04-30-2010, 10:51 AM
I've been outraged about this for awhile. I got at least 3 stupid mailings saying "we are going to mail you it" and "we recently mailed you it" and "do you need help filling it out"

Not to mention all the TV ads with "stars" in them, the topper of which was the frikken SUPER BOWL ad - the most expensive ad time you can get basically.

If you don't know what the Census is, you pretty much fail at life and shouldn't be counted anyways so this is a complete waste of our tax money catering to RETARDS that can't fill out a 5 minute form of basic info.

xxsn0blindxx
04-30-2010, 07:36 PM
But don't worry, the Federal government is going to run healthcare with better efficiency and quality than the private sector is currently doing.