PDA

View Full Version : My Trucks Hurt & Insurance Companies Suck

PonyKiller87
06-15-2004, 10:44 AM
On sat afternoon while spending some time in LaCrosse I got in an acident with my truck. Anyone thats been to LaCrosse knows that people can't drive worth a damn there. Anyways I was in the Lane to go straight through an intersection which I had a green light at. Doing the speed limit(30) because I could see a cop sitting at the red light going the other way. As Im just about to the intersection I see a red car coming from my left really fast, not stopping for the red. I lock up the breaks and slide right into the passenger side of the car (85ish 4door cavy beater) The cop said he heard my tires howling from me trying to stop, he looked up and seen the whole thing, and agreed that it was 100% the other person's fault, they ran the red, were speeding, no seatbelts.... There were no injurys to me or the 2 people in the other car. The cavy was trashed, pushed the whole front fender in about a foot, bent the spindle... It was towed away probably to the junkyard. The tow truck helped me pull my bumper back out so I could drive my truck. It doesnt look too bad until you look closed, the entire front end is shifted to the right about 1". Fender, grill, and bumper are trashed. I think the frame is ok because it still drives straight as ever. Anyways the first estimate so far was just short of $5,000.

Heres where it really starts to get crappy. Even though it was entirely the other person's fault due to WI law I might only get like 80% because it happend in an intersection ???? WTF both the other person's insurance and my own seem to be dicking with me and its looking like my truck is going to get totaled out. I hate insurance, I pay out the ass to get it then they're trying to screw me over on what they are supposed to do. The whole reason I have insurance is so I don't have to worry about stuff like this.

So now Im thinking about getting a lawyer. And in the back of my mind I kind of think instead of trying to stop, I should dropped the hammer and just drove over thier pile of crap, at least then I would have gotten some satisfaction out of it.

Sorry for the length of the post, just needed to vent some fustration.

y2kws6
06-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Why was your insurance even involved? Whenever there is an accident and the other is clearly 100% at fault I do not contact my insurance at all. No need to know.

Dan

PonyKiller87
06-15-2004, 01:31 PM
I called them because at first it seemed as though the other person was uninsured. Turns out they have insurance but its some little company up in Elroy and the guy is a prick.

JC70SS
06-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Dan you are totally wrong....that is a no-no. Must contact company asap no matter what. It does not matter who's fault because they will find out no matter what. The reason to do this is if the other persons company dicks you around your company will usually pay you and go sue the other persons company so the consumer is not stuck in the middle.

PonyKiller87
06-15-2004, 03:06 PM
JC, thats exacly why I called them. Heres some pics of the damage, doesnt look as bad as it is though.

Crawlin
06-15-2004, 09:16 PM
get the cops report stating that it was 100% other driver's fault. call up your insurance agent and tell them you want it fixed now and that you have the report and the cops admittance that it was 100% other driver's fault. you paid for insurance, and they bill you extra or drop you if you are late, so now it is their turn to pay. you want it fixed now, the quote is this much, tell them you want a check to cover it all and give them the other person's insurance company. they should like joe said, sue the other company for the loss. i hate insurance companies with a passion. like chris rock said, should rename it "incaseshit" in case **** happens. sucks to be a good driver and have someone hit you and then have to drive around with a car that looks like ass because you are getting dicked around. you could also threaten that when this ordeal is over that you are dropping them for the untimely manner in which they settled this. technically they aren't losing money because it was the other driver's fault, but i'm sure they'd hate to lose ANY business at all. good luck man

Chris

PS- i know what you mean about LaCrosse and the streets around it.

PonyKiller87
06-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Chirs, I completely agree with all that. Pretty much thats what Im going to do, Im going to chew some ass at my insurance company utill I get results, if that doesnt do it, Im just going to get a lawyer and let them handle it.

Or I could just walk into thier office and start complaining about back pain or something, lol jk

JC70SS
06-16-2004, 12:34 PM
PonyKiller87 you know what your friend Mark is my Dad's cousins nephew. He went to 3rd gen fest with you. Oh about the lawyer I wouldn't spend too much money on one because Ins. companies have the Robert Shapiro's of the world working for them.

Crawlin
06-16-2004, 12:59 PM
your friend Mark is my Dad's cousins nephew.

"and what does that make us?"
"ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Which is what you are about to become." (Spaceballs)

PonyKiller87
06-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Hmm, I think I heard something from Mark about a distant relative, or something on here, lol.

As far as the lawyer goes, thats just a backup plan. As of now my insurance company seems to be cooperating, but I guess we will see when I get the check.

On a side note, if they give me as much as they should I already worked it out with the body shop to sub out the stock grill and hood for a Full Phantom Grill, and 442 style hood, which in the end will only cost me about $200 extra to do. Ill post a pic of it later.

PonyKiller87
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Heres the Hood and grill that I want, it will all be painted blue to match the truck. Sticking with the stock bumper for now until I find something that I like.

whitevette
06-16-2004, 08:46 PM
you must have american family. they suck!!!! :argue (you and ins.)

PonyKiller87
06-17-2004, 12:07 PM
Actualy I have Badger Mutual, and acording to the body shops they are usualy one of the better ones to deal with. The guy at the body shop said that what I got was pretty normal and reasonable, even though Im not all that happy about it. The insurance company's adjuster estimated the damages at $3600. Which is quite a bit lower than the body shops quote of $4700. Im getting a "rechromed" bumper, and instead of replacing the hood and pass side fender they are being repaired. So there is no way I can work the 442 hood in right now, it would cost me to much, but the grill is still going to happen. The body shop was willing to work some kind of credit though so when I get the money to do the hood I can take it to them to get it painted.

All in all, the guys at the body shop are very cooperative and the insurance company is just flat out being cheap. I almost wish they had totaled out the truck because then they couldnt screw with the amount that they had to give me.

Anakonda69
06-17-2004, 06:06 PM
Your Truck Is A Pile Of Crap Anyway......lol

PonyKiller87
06-18-2004, 07:28 AM
Smoked the crap out of your purple truck didnt it? lol :3gears: