PDA

View Full Version : VW 2008 Jetta 2.5L Torque Specs?

SlowMotion
04-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Anyone have info on the torque specs required when replacing brakes/pads on all four corners? Also, need the lug nut torque specs required for wheels. Thanks in advance.

British_Ben
04-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Tight. :thumbsup

SlowMotion
04-29-2010, 01:41 PM
I was looking for something a little more specific, but thanks for the help :chair:

British_Ben
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM
I was looking for something a little more specific, but thanks for the help :chair:
You're welcome. :goof

British_Ben
04-29-2010, 04:15 PM
Alright, since I was being a dick, I googled it for you. Remember, google is your friend(unless it is spying on you, then not so much).

Search in MKV Form..there's a step by step for the rear brakes..pretty much the same as for earlier VW's..unless you want to change rotors too..then it gets a bit tougher....to change rotors you need a super short 14mm "triple square bit" (got mine at Metalnerd site) and also need to order 4 caliper carrier bolts since they are "stretch torqued one time use only".... Don't forget to clean and lube the caliper slide pins..folks tend to forget about this since pins are under dust boots in the carrier and you don't see em during pad R&R...Clean with BrakeCleen and lube with "synthetic caliper grease"...either get new lock bolts or wire brush old ones and put a drop of "Locktite Blue" on the threads to restore locking function. Lock bolts torque...26 ft lb, Caliper carrier bolts torque spec: 66ft lb + 1/4 turn (stretch torqued), wheel lugs 90 ft lbs. Get new antirattle clips (some pads like Textar come with these..others you have to order these from dealer).

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4592381

Sounds like a PITA to do brakes on a VW.