PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to dismount a couple tires?

03CVLX
04-27-2010, 10:03 PM
As said above. Anyone have access to a tire machine and have time in the next few days to dismount some junk snow tires for me. I want to sandblast and paint the wheels before the new tires get put on in fall. Shoot me a PM or let me know. I have cash or ???

4I Notch
04-27-2010, 10:36 PM
Kind of off topic but I can't help to ask, are you repainting your rims the same color or going with something else? Reason I ask is because I have been debating weather or not to paint my rims black.

03CVLX
04-27-2010, 10:42 PM
These aren't my rims. I have everything on Alloys. Have a friends steel wheels from a cougar that are in need of cleaning up.

I personally would not paint those Mustang wheels black. If you want to change to something darker, Id probably get the Bullitts you were considering. I just don't know how the wheels you have now would look blacked out.

4I Notch
04-27-2010, 10:48 PM
These aren't my rims. I have everything on Alloys. Have a friends steel wheels from a cougar that are in need of cleaning up.

I personally would not paint those Mustang wheels black. If you want to change to something darker, Id probably get the Bullitts you were considering. I just don't know how the wheels you have now would look blacked out.

OK. Thanks Tom.

03CVLX
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
You could always go and prove me wrong too. :goof :rolf

Prince Valiant
04-27-2010, 10:55 PM
You could probably dismount them yourself fairly easily...I broke the bead of a tire by simply laying it on the ground (MAKE SURE TO LET THE AIR OUT!!!) and running over the flat tire with your car/truck....then turning it over and doing the same (you might have good luck if you've got a 4x4 plank to place in on the underside of the tire/rim, then run over it....then you could get both beads at once.

Once the bead is broken, a long screw driver should help you get the tire off pretty easily.

03CVLX
04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions and messages guys. Turns out I have a BCM member that lives 5 houses away from me, and somehow never knew it. Gotta work out the times and I will be all set.

Reverend Cooper
04-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Bring them to me i can get it handled if needed just the rims and tires.

4I Notch
04-28-2010, 10:44 PM
You could always go and prove me wrong too. :goof :rolf

haha, I am not sure either if those rims will look good black. It's a risk I don't wanna take unless I am 100% sure they will look good.