PDA

View Full Version : a saying i've come to think as rather dumb

SlowStee
06-14-2004, 04:09 PM
would be :: "Take it to the track".....or when some ignorant people say "why would you race on the streets? thats just stupid, go to the track".....

dont get me wrong im really excited to go to the track-which i still havent gone for w/e reason.....but I wouldnt go there to simply race another car.....i'd wanna go to find out 1/4 mile times......heres the thing i dont understand..."take it to the track".....hmmm lets see let me fork out 30 bucks just to run my car how many times??? heh.... and how much money on gas do i have to spend to get there?? just some things ive been thinkin about....kind of venting here from some past things people have said...

Lash
06-14-2004, 07:13 PM
tosses ^ his flame suit.

Good luck with this one.

Personally.... I would rather spend the $30 and not have to worry about killing somebody and spending the rest of my life in prision for street racing. It's really not the cops or the tickets that bother me (well...maybe a little ;) ) It's the though of paying such a high price for something so stupid and pointless. Just my opinion.

Yooformula
06-14-2004, 07:55 PM
A night at the track vs the street:

Price of gas - $20
Price of admission - $30
Price of food - $10
Price of gas for the ride home - $10

Arrive home safely - $70

On the street

Price of gas - $20
Price of the first ticket for racing - $150
Price of hitting somebody - life in prison with Bubba arriving safely home in yo a$$!!

Hmm, lets think about this one shall we :modowns :loser

quickcarl
06-14-2004, 08:14 PM
There are several important elements involved with taking your car to the track, to take into account. At you guys' level, there is much excitement to taking your car and turning it loose down that quarter-mile. It's funny, but I feel a degree of the same type of excitement, but it's a little different because I KNOW that I cannot exactly daily drive my car---and I would be really hesitant to take it out on a friday night to street race unless it was for the right stakes. As far as the tuning aspect of it all, to be frank, I hate to go down for test and tune because of tha really slow import junk, and other real slow 14 second and higher cars plugging up the lanes. I started at that stage, so I still have the utmost respect for guys with less, who are struggling to play this game. At the same time, I love to see neck-and-neck grudge races(no matter how slow--as long as they're not rice)---but there is no real organization to it all these days. How often do 2 or 4 guys meet up at the track to settle a big score, with mounds of spectators who are actually interested in the planned races that are going to get off. I like also to get at least 3 good hits when I take my $hit to the track for test and tune. I pay the same as the rice plugging up the lanes, and they get to round robin and waste everyones time. Also, you guys are bitching about $30 to get in the track?? How about that same $30 for me, and add to that: 118 race fuel, at around 7.50-8 bucks a gallon($40), tow vehicle filled up($50), 2 or 3 bottles of Nitrous...........We're talking about a $200-250 dollar-date !!! And that's just to test and tune my $hit !!! I clear the pits usually when I run my car, because everyone is wants to witness a 7 or 8 second pass, and the amazing power these types of cars put out, and the track doesen't even let me in free or pay me :mad: . I am not making any real money at this----just pissing it all away for a thrill of "running the number".......whatever it may be. There is a big race coming up, and being fast or good on the tree(which I am both), may not necessarily be good enough, next Sunday. Money, sponsors, and being good are the direct path to success in this sport. Your problems are the same ones I have, theyre only on a smaller scale....................right now. You will have my same problems someday if you stick with this game like I have.

Al
06-14-2004, 09:32 PM
the track is safe, the street doesn't offer that unless you are obeying the traffic laws.

Crawlin
06-14-2004, 09:49 PM
Racing on hwy100 is not street racing.

There is a huge difference in what some refer to street racing. Sometimes there is a huge group that follows. Sometimes there is a million cars there. For those that do it though, there is a right way and a wrong way. Take the rock for example. While not the best place for 7-8 second cars, it's perfect for the daily driver/weekend warrior cars. No people along the racing line, no oncoming traffic, and no intersections. Can't ask for anything better. And there are a ton of other places to go to get down on the street without interference.

The track is great though. You get something in return for what you pay. You get a timeslip. You can see what your car really does run. No if's, and's, but's, woulda, shoulda, coulda, with that one. You may get bragging rights over friends.

97z2801ss
06-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Z28kid, I couldnt agree with u more.

Heat Seeker WS6
06-14-2004, 11:45 PM
I also second what Chris said.

For those who don't mind spending a bit more money to beat thier cars up around the track (with turns and having to use brakes), we still have spots open for the October Road America track rental.
www.SpeedSeekers.com

SlowStee
06-14-2004, 11:52 PM
Racing on hwy100 is not street racing.

There is a huge difference in what some refer to street racing. Sometimes there is a huge group that follows. Sometimes there is a million cars there. For those that do it though, there is a right way and a wrong way. Take the rock for example. While not the best place for 7-8 second cars, it's perfect for the daily driver/weekend warrior cars. No people along the racing line, no oncoming traffic, and no intersections. Can't ask for anything better. And there are a ton of other places to go to get down on the street without interference.

The track is great though. You get something in return for what you pay. You get a timeslip. You can see what your car really does run. No if's, and's, but's, woulda, shoulda, coulda, with that one. You may get bragging rights over friends.

i completely agree with you, i wouldnt consider hwy 100 racing ever again, and i havent done it since my ticket....howver i have gone to the rock numerous times whenever i feel like it, without paying 30 dollars........im not a high baller with tons of money here.....30 dollars for one day for how many runs???......what if i wanna run the next day?? im not gonna pay another 30 bucks......30 dollars aka 1/5th of my check...everytime i wanna race....there are many safe places to race, and i wasnt referring to hwy 100 by any means.....

Scales
06-15-2004, 01:17 AM
Well for my instance, the first time I ran this car was at a RSD event. I don't think I will be doing that again with all the heavy hitters that are there for those, but it was definitly worth it in my book! I paid the $25 to get in and I only got 3 runs in. (Car problems, not "traffic" problems) but my friends that came with me continued to run well after sunset. We're talkin over 4 hours of beating your car for $25 bucks. And that is on an "event" night. My goal for the night was to find out a base time my car could do before I started my upgrade. HWY and "the rock" and all the other street races could never tell me that. Now that my project is almost done (for now) if I only get 3 more runs for $25 I will still gladly take it over the cost of the ticket and insurance going up. Not to mention not knowing what your car is really capable of running... So I guess I'm one of the guys that say "Take it to the track." It doesn't matter what you beat out there until you have the timeslips to back it up!!! ;) JMO

quickcarl
06-15-2004, 02:37 AM
All this talk of street racing and getting tickets for getting caught racing, brings up an important point that I have always tried to stress to you guys. Never race for free. Never race for $20 either. The ticket for me was $365 back in 1988. If someone isn't talking about at least $500, then the car stays on the trailer and at the house. You guys should be the exact same way.

Another important point to make is the value of your time and effort taken to build your car into what it is. Suppose your sister slept with 2 or 3 different guys, unprotected every night. She is then disrespecting herself and actually missing out on alot of money if she at least had them pay her for her "time"---even $50 per episode would be some good money, and they would then have a little more respect for her if she charged them---and not take her for granted with it being free and all. Your car and street racing should be treated in such a manner--not taken for granted. There should be more respect for street racing and a bigger emphasis put on nothing being free. There is no mystery to anyones cars or combinations anymore. People tell-all and brag on their cars timeslips. So what if you ran 13's with a few bolt-on's. That's gay. When you run 11's without anything but a bunch of modifications that you did yourself without spending money on aftermarket bolt-on's, then you can brag. Any fool or idiot can buy a bunch of aftermarket junk and bolt it on to an engine, and go faster---just look at the Beeyond guys. Store-bought-horsepower like that is not as respectable as things we used to do at you guys' level. We took a real pontiac 400. Gave it a stock rebuild, chose a hydraulic grind from General Kinetics(you don't know nothing about that), home-ported a set of 428 heads, changed the gear in the 10-bolt ourselves(myself), stock convertor, I welded an adaptor for a Dominator carb(swap meet) to the Torker II intake(swap meet), and then added a 300 shot of Top Gun Nitrous Plate. How does bragging about 13.10 on nuts-n-bolts, and 11.20's on the Juice in a 3750 pound Le Mans sound ?? Alot more respectable to me. Now that was a truly stock bottom end, AND it was at least 10 yrs old, too.

"Owning" an Import is nothing to brag about either. Thats like saying "I beat up on a retarded 3rd grader !!". So what. Also, if you tell everyone what mods you made to your car, then what the Fu<k is gonna want to make anyone race you(who might have less mods) ???? Or that leaves you open to someone with more mods or a faster car stomping your a$$ into the pavement. Racing for bragging rights is stupid movie type $hit, and its really pointless. Bragging rights will never pay for a new set of Drag Radials or that inevitable street racing ticket. Gambling money will(if you win). Gambling makes it more interesting and is a very effective rice deterrent. Jap crap "racers"(ricers) will not ever race you for money. That word is bond.

quickcarl
06-15-2004, 05:24 AM
Try to keep street racing true to it's roots. We raced, and still race for money. Make a mot#erfu<ker "lock-in" for at least $100 to $200---especially a ricer. This will help you "weed-out" those that are a waste of your time and gas. Not wanting to put up a wager, just shows your lack of faith in your equipment or the mods that you did to it. Also I see a lack of balls on your behalf. If this is not kept in check, street racing will go the way of the pager, or double-blade windshield wipers. It will lose its appeal, and it's element of danger. This is partially due to the fact that nothing is being done "right" anymore. Hanging out at the racing "spot". Making a ton of noise, commotion, and drawing attention to yourselves prior and/or during the race or gathering.

If Ferarris, Lamborghinis, Escalades, and Benzes didn't cost so damn much money, they would quickly lose their appeal------so should street racing. My motto is: "You're gonna pay for this ass whoopin' !", "ain't gonna be no free demonstrations here."
Your whole generation of Ricers and no-balls, wanna-be street racers, has really brought me down and street racing down to a new, and depressing low that it may never recover from. It's like it's all diluted and stuff. Any of you guys who race for free, I dare you to take your $hit toMilwaukee's North side or to Chicago and try to get a race for free, and see how quickly you get laughed out of town. Don't cry broke because your mods and car note cost so much. You started in this game. Don't try to screw up the original blueprint because you've got no guts!!

Just Venting. Thank you.

HITMAN
06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Suppose your sister slept with 2 or 3 different guys, unprotected every night. She is then disrespecting herself and actually missing out on alot of money if she at least had them pay her for her "time"---even $50 per episode would be some good money, and they would then have a little more respect for her if she charged them---and not take her for granted with it being free and all.

hehehe...HAHAHAHAHAHA...BWAHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHA WHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWH AWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW...

Cryptic
06-17-2004, 11:24 PM
Carl for president :rockwoot: