PDA

View Full Version : Pitching situation & Prince's contract

Lash
04-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Discuss. :thumbsup

What do you think the Brewers are going to do. Can you see a trade in the future?

badass88gt
04-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Suppan to the bullpen, moving Manny or Narveson into the rotation. Prince will console himself in a box of Twinkies and Braun will get pissed off and bitch.

jbiscuit
04-25-2010, 03:38 PM
Prince is gone sad to say. His agent goes for the big bucks and for what he will want to resign with the Crew, we can buy a couple more pitchers. This is our year to really try and do something if we have a shot making the playoffs. Cuz we will miss Prince's RBIs next season I am affraid :(

gilly928
04-25-2010, 03:44 PM
no way are we going to make the play offs with the pitching staff we have. prince is gone and we still won't get any pitching for next year. we need to just play the pirates all the time.

Karps TA
04-25-2010, 03:46 PM
From everything I've heard regarding what Prince's agent's demands are, the Brewers have no choice but to move him.

That said I don't know where he's going to find that type of contract. The teams with that kind of cash to spend have 1st basemen locked up already. Everybody says the Yankees but they have Teixeira locked up for like 6 more years. And they don't have any pitching they'd want to part with.

And I doubt anyone with a quality starter will trade him for a 1st baseman wanting a 20+ mil a year contract who at any moment could eat himself out of the position.

Honestly I see the situation shitty for both sides. It's a lose-lose situation.

JC70SS
04-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Prince is a gone. He could go to:
1. Cubs...Lee is a free agent after this year
2. Seattle...plenty of $$ to sign him.
3. Boston...Mo Vaughn, enough said.

These are the rumored teams. At the $180 demanded the owner only paid around $200mil for the team, they are not going to give 1 player a contract for almost the price of the franchise itself. i don't think Fielder wants to be here anyway.

Karps TA
04-25-2010, 04:27 PM
I don't see us trading him to the Cubs for obvious reasons. Maybe Seattle.

Maybe Boston could trade us Mike Cameron and Billy Hall for Prince. :D

I was laughing reading the stuff on the Red Sox and their troubles offensively. Hmm maybe because they have 2 guys who strike out everytime with men in scoring position?